P2: A Cold Day In Hell

update -

5 missions on 4 maps. Two on Blue Ghost. I was gonna limit this to 4 or 5 missions, but I've gotten on roll and I have not even touched the mp maps yet!

mig :ph34r:

Cinematic screens from a Blue Ghost mission.

Good! The LURPs are back!

screenshot442la.png

KILLLL that APC!

screenshot466yu.png

Edited by migryder

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update -

5 missions on 4 maps. Two on Blue Ghost. I was gonna limit this to 4 or 5 missions, but I've gotten on roll and I have not even touched the mp maps yet!

Go ahead and roll it into a full blown campaign. :yes: Merry Xmas! :santa:

I'm sure I can speak for a lot of Frostbite fans here in saying that another campaign to play through on the Frostbite maps is long long overdue. :yes: One good thing about waiting so long for some more missions is that we've got one of the best ever mission scripters working his magic on it. :clapping::notworthy: Keep up the good work Mig. :thumbsup:

HELP!

Has anyone modelled the GOL sniper rifle? I would love to include it in this mod, but I don't have 3dsmax or know how to use it much either. If any weapons modder would be willing to give it a shot and allow me to include it in this mod I would really appreciate it. Best case senario would have two or three textures available - winterized and this green for sure.

If you are interested in contributing a model of this sweet looking rifle to this mod please PM me.

Thanks in advance

Pics and info here -

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn69-e.htm

Edited by migryder

• 1 month later...
Any news, mig?

More screenies to whet our whistles while we're waiting?

:lol:

Theo

Mig would have to be the one to fill you in on any updated news but I can tell you I'm still licking my wounds after beta testing the Fishing Bear mission.

:gun:

• 1 month later...

Mig's still working away on this mod as I just finished testing a mission on the MP Slopes map. It's a killer indeed as I died many times over and had fun doing it. :wall: I've never played COOP but as hard as this is in SP it should be a dandy for all you COOP players. :shifty:

• 4 weeks later...

KRP has just tested one on the fort map and I'm busy populating the 5 levels of the ship map. I'll probably do one on the December map so that mod will be required as well as FB 1.3.

Campaign or merely missions with a story is still up in the air. Sixpence has created a winter skin for Jodit Haile and I may include her, don't know for sure yet. I would still like to make the German GOL sniper rifle available for Player, I think it would look great with a white stock. If I have both in game Jodit will have a kit or 2 with that weap.

In case you were unaware, Earl has allowed me to equip the OPFOR with his Russian weapons from 'Vympel. There are some vehs from BlakOps and I tried to create some winter skins for them, I'm a rookie though and the skins are only so so at best. Theo, I may need help with how well this might work in OS. I know some of you Mac guys like to play my missions and I want it available for OS.

BTW - The middle image in my sig below is from the FB Airfield map.

Edited by migryder

I know some of you Mac guys like to play my missions and I want it available for OS.

We at MacGamingMods.com can test your mod and convert it (if need be) to a mac friendly format, no problem.

We can either do it after you release the mod to the public, or before so you can do a simultaneous release. It's up to you.

We can also have the mac version available for download at MacGamingMods.com.

Let me know.

KRP has just tested one on the fort map and I'm busy populating the 5 levels of the ship map. I'll probably do one on the December map so that mod will be required as well as FB 1.3.

Campaign or merely missions with a story is still up in the air. Sixpence has created a winter skin for Jodit Haile and I may include her, don't know for sure yet. I would still like to make the German GOL sniper rifle available for Player, I think it would look great with a white stock. If I have both in game Jodit will have a kit or 2 with that weap.

In case you were unaware, Earl has allowed me to equip the OPFOR with his Russian weapons from 'Vympel. There are some vehs from BlakOps and I tried to create some winter skins for them, I'm a rookie though and the skins are only so so at best. Theo, I may need help with how well this might work in OS. I know some of you Mac guys like to play my missions and I want it available for OS.

All sounds superb, Mig. Looking forward to your CENTCOM mission(s) too -

Sadly - and I'm glad Virt2L has come in on this - I'm out of the Mac loop now. Not that I don't like the system, but as a writer I've found I need to be sure that the document leaving my system ends up looking exactly the same when it opens on the editors' screens... and I couldn't guarantee that because of the different generations of Word that the editors use IRL. So, over to PC...

Makes GR easier, tho'... sometimes!!

Theo

yea, sounds like I'll have plenty of help from Vir2l and the MacGamingMods crew with P2 for Mac .

I think the CENTCOM missions will be fun, watch where your going and don't forget to duck if you hear a funny sound.

Well I wanted to post a screen of the latest mission that is now in 1st round testing, but can't get to the upload page at ImageShack for some reason. Been trying since yesterday. Anyway - sleeper's December Mod will also be required to play P2.

Required mods:

GR

DS

IT

Frost Bite 1.3

December

coming soon.

This is probably the final mission, one more possibly. I'm ready to do something on dry ground or tropical rain forest. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

A mission using deleyt's White Skull Valley map would be awesome...

well, would it be ok if it had snow on it? :ph34r: Might need some of swartsz' sd weaps for some of these missions, probably need to winterize them though. :ph34r: Now if I could just get Psycho Dad on the horn to discuss his Aussie Augs.... other requests for use of weaps from other modders is out there too.

did I mention that callmehobbes is doing the work on the WSV winter texture? As well as some textures for the BlakOps vehs used. Mucho thanks to him and also to deleyt for giving the go ahead to use WSV.

Swartsz has given permission to use any of his weapons from Silent Warrior v3 and the Swartsz-mini Mod. DVS1 has also given permission to use weapons from his DVS1 Weapons Mod. Once again many thanks to both gentleman there, and maybe a little something extra from one of the above. Of course Earl gave permission to use 'Vympel weapons for the OPFOR long ago. So, big thanks to him as well. Other requests are out there - we'll see what develops.

Edited by migryder