• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official Press Release

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® 2 Xbox

NEW Downloadable Content

Available Now!

21st April, 2005 – Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest videogame publishers, today announced that new downloadable content (DLC) for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® 2 is now available for download via Xbox LIVE!™. This round of free content consists of reworked maps and new character skins:

3 Reworked Maps with a new look and gameplay experience: 

Flooded Bunkers: Rain, pooling water, and restricted sight lines all make for a brand new experience on one of the most popular multiplayer maps.

Dam Pumping Station: This “trimmed down” version of the original Dam single player map provides plenty of cover and changes the gameplay to a fast-paced action experience.

Dam River Crossing: This map offers cool sniper perches and multiple combat areas involving cover. The water at the low-lying river ford brings in a great element of tension and player vulnerability.

6 New Funny Character Skins: 

A series of funny “gag” characters, created during the production of Ghost Recon 2, are also being released for those times when players are looking for lighthearted fun.

Novelty Set 1 – Raptor Rider, Pumpkin Head, and Peg Leg Pirate

Novelty Set 2 – Man Riding Turkey, Christmas Box Man, and Bunny Man

More information about Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® 2 available at www.ghostrecon.com/uk/

HAHAHAHA...NOT FUNNY!

Now you can see why they didnt release it for PC. Who the heck wants to run around in a bunny suit. This is called GHOST / RECON , not attack of the bunnies.... :wacko:

HAHAHAHA...NOT FUNNY!

Now you can see why they didnt release it for PC. Who the heck wants to run around in a bunny suit. This is called GHOST / RECON , not attack of the bunnies.... :wacko:

Gag!?!?

It's very dumb to take a game that was based on realism and pull blood out of it.

Put Gag Character skins in and people should be fired!

Edited by Mark__78

They are for FUN, a laugh, a good time. As stated in the video the characters were created during the development process, during part of the testing. If you don't want to use them don't, should a person be fired for making something fun?

Give me a break.

They are for FUN, a laugh, a good time. As stated in the video the characters were created during the development process, during part of the testing. If you don't want to use them don't, should a person be fired for making something fun?

Give me a break.

Maybe not, I'm just really missing the blood and it looks like a trend. Tom Clancy titles are about realism, right?

This round of free content consists of reworked maps...

I only have one complaint. It's not free to everyone who has GR2 xbox. It's only free to those with GR2 xbox and Xbox Live. That really iritates me, because as you might guess, I don't have Xbox Live. :angry:

Anyway, back on topic, I wouldn't mind the funny skins, if I could get them.

I know we are drifting to another subject here, but this whole blood thing is a bit of a joke. Why do they pull blood out of some games, or even make the inclusion of blood dependant on the country of release? To me it's a farce, this is a game about killing your enemy, by shooting him/her. Shooting them until they die.

There's no getting away from that violence, these are games based on extreme violence. So why remove the blood? Does it make it any less violent? Does it make it any more acceptable to the ratings folks? I'd really like this answered by someone.

And if you think GR is silly because they took out the blood, you are going to be hysterical over what Novalogic did with Joint Operations. In JO once you have killed someone and they are lying on the grass beside you. Try taking another couple of shots at the body - you know, just to make sure :devil: It aint gonna happen :nono: You can aim dead centre and everytime the bullet will hit the dirt to the side of the corpse. :blink: What's that all about?!

If a bullet hits the dirt it kicks up dust. If it hits a window, glass shards drop the ground, if it hits water, you get water effects, if it hits it's TARGET, ....you get nadda :blink: I don't class myself as blood thirsty, heck I can't even watch surgery documentarys or vet programs, but I do want to see blood splatter when I hit the target.

Rant over.

I hear ya Rocky.

Always boggled my mind why they take the blood out...I think we really must get an answer for this.

Maybe the inclusion of blood or not depending on country has to do with rules/laws of some kind. It's a load of crap to me tho because I can turn on my TV at eight in the evening and see all the blood I want on shows that are PG rated anyways.

I find it funny and extremely depressing.*

:(

I need to stay out of the console section.

TEEN

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood and/or infrequent use of strong language.

MATURE

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.

Shooting a dead body and blood coming out would be considered "Mature".

Shooting a dead body and no blood coming out would/could be considered "Teen"

*feel like the monkey in that milk commercial

*seeing all this good stuff for GR but not being able to experiance it

Edited by Zantar45

Why because they didn't send these things out from the start like the chickens and squirels in GR1? Seriously something funny doesn't mean that they are turning the entire game into a joke.

I usually don't reiterate an idea like this over and over, but people are going totally overboard about this. RSE released these skind to make people laugh and have a good time. I guess most of you never played at RSi freaky friday with Squirel MM1's, but "gag" things do produce a hell of a lot of fun.

If you personally don't want to have a laugh, fine. But some people actually do get a kick out of "gags" and gimmiks, and I'd hate to have to play with people who can't find the fun in it all.

I would of found more humor if they brought back the LIMP and Blood plus trashed the Socom feel.

Sorry im just not very happy with there call on this and the kiddies well be wanting more when GR3 comes along. I guess the cancel of GR2 on PC and now this is driven me away from the GR line and moven onto other games just not liken where its going with the Socom feel, No Limp and No Blood with a arcade style feel!

This is the first time i think EA would of done a much better job and this just makes me sad. Can believe i just said EA could of done a better job OMG :wall:

I think some folks take things a tad too seriously to say the least.

released for those times when players are looking for lighthearted fun

It's not like they forced these fun characters as some sort of default you could not get away from. It's an extra you can choose to play with should you desire, if you don't, you don't need to use it!

Sometimes folks complain for the sake of complaining.

Gourd Recon 2

2011: Final insult

pumpkinhead.jpg

I'm sorry...Sorry!...I'm really sorry...couldn't resist. :whistle:

I'm sure it'll be a blast for fans of the sequel.

PS: As an aside, the pumpkinhead skin might be a good way to handicap the pros in a game full of noobs...kinda hard to miss that bright orange...?

Edited by Old_Geezer

well, we now know why the PC version was never realized. They spent mucho company monies to develop "Bunny suits!?!" Guess we can see where this franchise is going. *Flushes toilet*

Come on Papa6, that's totally over reacting.

I see they reall are making good use of their 'resources'. It's a real slap in the fae to all the PC GR players who have been waiting years for GR2.

it burns me more to see those idiot skins running around such beautiful terrain. There still isn't any pc shooter that has more solid looking terrain and environs. So it just jacks us off to see them throwing resources into frivolity for the colsole kiddies. jerks.

Actually I've got to agree with NYR on this one...The game stands by itself, and throwing in a few easter-eggs that someone likely threw together as a gag in their spare time shouldn't be considered a sin. If GR had turned out to be everything I wanted, I'd likely still get a kick out of trying the skins out on a lark.

Being able to say "I'm gonna blow his pumpkin off" and doing it literally might be funny.

My post was definitely made with "tongue in cheek".