Executive Orders

Ruin

I just rented the Audio CDs from the library to listen too (never liked reading much). And before I get in too deep I want to know opinions from people woh have read it.

I also have Clear and Present Danger on tape, but I think I've seen the moive.

I would have gotten BHD, but unabridged is $96.

Anyway, opinions from anyone on the above two?

I just rented the Audio CDs from the library to listen too (never liked reading much). And before I get in too deep I want to know opinions from people woh have read it.

expect to do a whole lotta listening then mate! i read the whole bloody book, quite long. very good, and in today's world, very frightening

my favorite clancy books:

patriot games

the bear and the dragon

red rabbit

rainbow six

red storm rising

read all of them if you have the chance, but read patriot games and red rabbit first. then read rainbow six, then the bear and the dragon.

I have read a few of his books, my father has nearly all of them, he has dozens upon dozens of books wrote by Tom Clancy, and i recommend to you all that you read 'Rainbow Six'. Its the best book i have ever read and im currently reading it for the 3rd time. I also recommmend 'bio strike', which i haven't read through fully, but it seems to be just as good as 'Rainbow Six'.

Ruin, just go buy the dang book. It'll be good no matter if it's abridged or not. It's a Tom Clancy book for cryin' out loud! :lol:

I personally have read:

Clear and Present Danger

Patriot Games

Rainbow Six

Red Rabbit...a very good read

working on The Bear and the Dragon.

I've considered EOs, but I'm just too busy... :ph34r:

Executive Orders directly picks up from where Debt of Honor left off, so you might want to read that as well. As it is, even if you don't EO will still make sense b/c Clancy is really good at writing readable books.

I am currently re-reading Cardinal of the Kremlin and loving it (again). Hopefully I will soon be able to read his latest two books.

C

I too read that book about 4 years ago. I like Clancy's handling of a president at war but his paranoia about the outside world was disturbing. America has another war with Japan? Come on! A kamikaze pilot slams his jumbo into congress? Eeerily prophetic except that the pilot was Japanese. Generally neutered dogs aren't so quick to bite.

And then this balony about China India and Iran ganging up on America so Iran can invade Saudi Arabia. Iran is not an Arab country and they don't have designs on Arab lands. China and India couldn't agree on the color of feces let alone designs on invading Australia which the book hinted at. I know Clancy has a better geopolitical sense than this but he doesn't seem to think his readers do. He just plays to the "everyone against whitey" fears.

It's crap like this put me off novels years ago. I recommend true stories like Black Hawk down or Andy McNab's Immediate Action for a good read.

Edited by budgie