Game Boxs

firefly2442

I used to, but when the shelf got full and I unpacked em and found they only took up the first 2ft of the shelf I started ditching the cardboard box ones.

But fortunately nowadays most games come in the CD/DVD slim cases and the manuals aren't as chunky as they were (or come as a PDF document on the disk) so they dont take up much space at all

I still purchase my PC games from the UK. A little more expensive and a slight delay [Although GR IT took 3 Months!!!], but well worth the wait. The US hasn't discovered the 'magic' of the DVD case for PC games. Although the cardboard boxes are smaller than the UK cardboard 'Sierra' box, they still get tatty after a while. I have to say though, that some of the US boxes are gatefold, really glossy and fancy. But they're still cardboard :P

I remember talk of PC games being packed into DVD cases in the UK. Less than five years ago it was, and the concern by retail was that customers might see less value, because the 'Sierra' boxes were larger. Even though the contents were the same, it was a perception of value issue. A bold move in the end, but the right choice, and retail gets to have more games and more choice on shelves.

The Result: Plastic One - Cardboard Nil

WAKE UP AMERICA :yawn:

DS :D

Over here new release games seem to come in a huge blinged out box with 83 folding panels and 3D etching etc etc. But as games get older they get a DVD box. A double size one, that has an insert if there are more than 2 disks. I prefer the DVD goodness, nice and small, and stronger than regular CD cases.