INNERCITY MAP Revived!

Papa6

Ok, It's april 30th here in the eastern US and I have a new render for you all to see. I mananged to produce a footbridge with chainlink siding. so you can run across the street or across the foot bridge.

april 30th render

I will use this bridge on various places in the map. it may not afford much cover or concealment as that's concerned, but someone might like using these bridges. doing about 1 feature a day depending on the difficulty of each feature.

Edited by Papa6

Dunn if you made that foot bridge after a real one or just made it up but i would take the roof and walls concrete, id put fence texture.

I also have some AC and roof gravel textures you can use if you want...message me on msn and ill send them over. :)

true. But doesn't the GR engine only run with 2? So, I'll have to redo my garage to be 2 levels, and not let the players on the 3rd level(bummer). But yes D thanks for pointing that out :P .

Since I was able to do the cityhall from scratch, I think I can fix that problem.. :whistle:

true. But doesn't the GR engine only run with 2? So, I'll have to redo my garage to be 2 levels, and not let the players on the 3rd level(bummer). But yes D thanks for pointing that out  :P .

Since I was able to do the cityhall from scratch, I think I can fix that problem.. :whistle:

I believe you can have more than 2 levels on the map – but only Levels 1 and 2 will show up in IGOR.

You can have upto 5 Shermanlevels in the GR engine.They all show up in Igor, only 1 and 2 Are selectable in game on the command map for placing your AI troops.

You can place AI Tangos/vehicles/guns on any of those 5 levels in Igor.

Although the Map overlay function in the .ENV editor was never implemented fully by RSE, maybe due to a bug, but it's there, so you can have different Command map renders for level 1 and 2,(maybe more).

AI hostages or tangos will traverse all levels as long as your transitions and levels are setup correctly, so the .SHT file can create the pathlinks needed for the AI.

You can have upto 5 Shermanlevels in the GR engine.They all show up in Igor, only 1 and 2 Are selectable in game on the command map for placing your AI troops.

You can place AI Tangos/vehicles/guns on any of those 5 levels in Igor.

Although the Map overlay function in the .ENV editor was never implemented fully by RSE, maybe due to a bug, but it's there, so you can have different Command map renders for level 1 and 2,(maybe more).

AI hostages or tangos will traverse all levels as long as your transitions and levels are setup correctly, so the .SHT file can create the pathlinks needed for the AI.

SO, if RSE/UBI would've, they could have rebuilt IGOR or patch it to wprk for those 5 levels? such a shame. so many better things can come out of this if more than 2 levels are able to be seen

AJ

You can have upto 5 Shermanlevels in the GR engine.

Wrong. You can have as many shermanlevels as you like.

The only limit a modder has is the amount of commandmap-levels, which is 2 (one set to shermanlevel=1.0 and one is set to shermanlevel=2.0).

Secondly, a lot of people mix up the terms shermanlevel, planninglevel and commandmaplevel.

Shermanlevel = a floor in the gameworld that represents a levelheight. Multiple floors on different Z-levels can still share 1 same levelheight.

Planninglevel = a level for planning missions using IGOR. Multiple shermanlevels can use 1 planninglevel. Multiple planninglevels can be assigned to 1 shermanlevel. A planninglevel can be a link to a shermanlevel, to make missionplanning more logical.

commandmaplevel = a visual representation in the map to display the topographical situation of that particular area. 2 commandmaplevels can be used in GR. Level 1 is assigned to shermanlevel=1.0. Level 2 is assigned to shermanlevel=2.0.

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

Thanks alot D for clearing that up. I hope I can give this map some nice work for some good action.

UPDATE!

I try to do at least one building / object a day if possible. Not always possible but I try.

I added some more streetlights and turned the bridge diagnal of the two stree corners as if employees of the two towers want to use the bridge. A great thing is, if you're having a TvT game, you can overlook the cityhall compound from the bridge for an advantage almost, BUT!, the team inside the cityhall compound can hit you just as easy on the bridge with a well placed grenade. Just some things to think about.

Here's the latest image of the map:

1 May 2005 render

Cheers!,

AJ

Edited by Papa6

@ Delyte :- I was refering to Sherman level as a planning level, same way you refered in post, top of this page.

GR, from what i see, only supports 5 Planning levels aka Shermanlevelheights.

As i understand it, the command map can only use the first 2, as regards to telling your team mates where to go.

Shermanlevelheights/planning levels just tell the engine how many "levels" in the Z axis there are.

Shermanlevels are just bounding boxes around the floor polygons that tell the engine which level those floors are on.(you can have as many as needed).

These are only needed if you have more than "level" in a room, so the engine can tell which floor your standing on.

This map will need 3 planning levels/Shermanlevelheights. Each floor of the car park will need its own Shermanlevel (box) so the engine knows which level a player is on, otherwise you can fall through the floor.

Should be only two. The very top floor has benn disabled as a floor polygon. So it's only the middle floor and the bottom. This map will be just an outside "_1" map I hope to give the players enough room to really spread out as much as possible to have fun games.

Then, when I master and comprehend inside room development, then I'll add some to this map.

I'm off to bed. so goodnight everyone.

AJ

I've deleted the car garage to make way for a city block with buildings and alleyways in the middle like the alleys of the embassy map to keep in the tradition.

ok it's not anywhere near done, the city block mind you, but here's a render of what it will look like.

cityblock with alleys

Edited by Papa6

• 3 months later...