INNERCITY MAP Revived!

Papa6

To: all people here.

Well, I'm glad to tell you that my health and that of my wife are much better. In fact, so much better that, since the bad news of GR2/GR3 chaos, I've decided to revive my old map InnerCity.

I've learned a few things since the last innercity map and am willing to redo this map from the start to get it "right"

it will be just one shermanlevel, but nice enough to warrant sniping spots, sneaky hides and such. there'll be alot of crap in the roads (vehicles, Oil drums etc) so as to not be such an openness like running out in a rugby or softball field out in the open. There will be alleys, dumpster areas, sidewalk areas and such.

The name of the map: ???

I'll wait till I get something going before even looking to that. I'll do it to support MP,SP games.

I just got about 4 or 5 streets texturized with sidewalks. I'll deal with intersections next. I'll keep you posted.

Question: should i do this up for the look of a wartorn city, or just a normal city? I haven't thought that far out yet and there's still time to add/take away from this idea. :whistle:

*** Saturday UPDATE*** 04/16/2005

I've been working on the roads. I tested out the 4 roads I have made but the middle intersection must be too high as I moved up ever so little when I step on it. or down.

so I have to "0" it out on the Z plane. no problem(I hope :blink: )

The Roads are nice and wide. I'll continue on the roads themselves to establish my bash for the map for now. I'll try to get some screenies ASAP. Just know there won't be a whole lot done, but so you can follow the progress of this map from start to finish.

-AJ

Edited by Papa6

UPDATE- 23 April:

Ok I've accomplished alot on the map today. I'm going to take a break now for a day or so. I have about 2 or 3 city blocks done. I hope to have some pictures available around Friday Evening (Eastern US time) unfortunately, I have to use the same texture several times for some buildings but trying to change things up so as to not look stupid.

AJ

UPDATE- 23 April:

Ok I've accomplished alot on the map today. I'm going to take a break now for a day or so. I have about 2 or 3 city blocks done. I hope to have some pictures available around Friday Evening (Eastern US time) unfortunately, I have to use the same texture several times for some buildings but trying to change things up so as to not look stupid.

AJ

Next time i see you online, ive got 99 front building textures, about 10 or so are already in rsb format. :thumbsup:

UPDATE- 23 April:

AJ

Next time i see you online, ive got 99 front building textures, about 10 or so are already in rsb format. :thumbsup:

That'll work GRT. Thank you. :)

well I did it! I found my image hosting place and wanted to show a 3dsmax render. I want to tighten up on things as I go but wanted to give you all a picture of what I'm doing. Notice the skyscraper. ok, just at the base of the skyscraper, there's an entrance to a under ground garage. I just hope this thing will be enjoyable really.

Innercity revival!

I still have alot of work to do, but it's moving along nicely.

=IJAG=AJ formerly known as Papa6

I'm trying another approach for this map. I'm constructing these buildings aside from the map then I'll merge it into my map. I wiped out all of my buildings, and going to make them with better looking roofs. But the other buildings have been deleted. I think I found out how to better make this map. The central part of this map is the city block with the twin towers and the garage. I want to put in some player usable foot bridges over the streets.

BTW, those things on the top of the towers are like air conditioners or whatever

New render

=IJAG=AJ

Edited by Papa6

I hadn't planned on any real enterable buildings planned until I can grasp the concepts of the making of inner rooms (ie mostly portals). But If i learn this in the near future, then I would be willing to remake this map to have that feature. I DO plan to make alot of room for urban fighting on the streets and alleyways.

the twin towers are the focal point of this entire map, that block of the towers and the garage most notably. But I will aspire to build some buildings for single player games to place objectives for missions. The towers will be the focal point to the game. I want to have several cars and trucks parked around the streets for cover and concealment. I'll also have barrels in alleys for cover and trash dumpsters as well. just be patient, it is coming together.

-AJ

{ADDED} Added VERY late at night; after having gotten into my wifes knickers, I had the energy to add a new parking garage to my map. see what you think.

28 april 2005

Edited by Papa6