GR3 PC wont be at @ E3 2005

GR3 is confirmed @ E3 2005, but it's only the next generation console version reported

Ubisoft to Take E3 2005 by Storm; Lineup Includes Previews of Two Titles for Next-Generation Consoles

SAN FRANCISCO --(Business Wire)-- April 14, 2005 Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest videogame publishers, announces its lineup of titles for the 2005 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), to be held May 18-20, 2005 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. Ubisoft will showcase its titles at booth #1300 in the South Hall.

Games developed for next-generation consoles will be shown at E3.

A preview of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title) will demonstrate some of the incredible capacities of the new console.

-- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title) (next-generation console): Next-generation console technology meets the soldier of the future to revolutionize the classic squad-based shooter.

It's very disapointing not to see the PC version listed :( but hopefully the console should give a good idea of what it will look like :)

Yeah, It would have gone a long way towards reassuring the fans.

I guess the PC version just isn't yet in a state they felt ready to show it (even a rough version for some of the press behind closed doors).

whereas the next-gen console as the "flagship line" most likely had a bigger budget and was further ahead.

Yeah, It would have gone a long way towards reassuring the fans.

I guess the PC version just isn't yet in a state they felt ready to show it (even a rough version for some of the press behind closed doors).

whereas the next-gen console as the "flagship line" most likely had a bigger budget and was further ahead.

The fast money is in the consoles...the kids...pc's come later..old folks!

Yep, unfortunately it looks pretty final

Below is the complete list of Ubisoft titles to be shown at E3 2005

If they were planning booth space for it or there was a chance it could be ready in time, I think it would be listed :(

I 2nd that. With there still being no definate news of GR coming out for the PC, why should we believe what they say? :angry: And it lokos like Raven Shield 4 is going down the same route as well.

I really do hope that it is to be released. Could they just be updating the version of GR2 they currently have, and just calling it GR3?

Even with this news, I am, and always was, doubtful of a GR3 PC release by the end of this year.

ubi are a bunch of ######

this is exactly what happened last time, no doubt in the coming months we'll hear ubirazz state that PC news will be released after christmas

BS i say.

UBI/RSE no longer get the benefit of the doubt IMO. even if RSE are just taking orders, if theyre no longer developing tom clancy games for PC why should we constantly defend them?

Its good its for next gen consoles as it should mean the game can be more complex, better graphics, less linear etc. On the other hand will they bother making a PC version at all? :wall:

I wish I had the chance to sneak into this years E3. Just so I can walk up to the UBI booth in the middle of their press conference and yell out.........

......""WHAT THE HELL ABOUT GR3 PC U BLOODY IDIOTS?" :guns:

IF they really mess it up .......I mean gr3 pc.....then it will really be over. Then I will flame the official gr.com forums like there is no tomorrow. I will flame til ubi people start crying and are driven to drink.

I wouldnt care if I got banned at that point. :o=

but it's only the console version of GR3 reported.........

It's very disapointing not to see the PC version listed  :( but hopefully the console should give a good idea of what it will look like :)

I think we had a good idea of how the GR2 PC would have looked like too........last year :whistle:

DS

A preview of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title) will demonstrate some of the incredible capacities of the new console.

~  

-- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title) (next-generation console): Next-generation console technology meets the soldier of the future to revolutionize the classic squad-based shooter.

Wow is it E3 2003 again already?

HACK aka BEAST

Whoa...whoa..whoa...

You mean that they are far enough into GR3 XBOX to have up and running demo's....yet cant find the resources to get GR2 on a PC???

I think we found out why....

Skip ahead to April '06

"We are sad to announce that GR3 for the PC is canceled...But we would like to announce GR4 for the XBOX2 and PS3"

HACK aka BEAST

but it's only the console version of GR3 reported............

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® 3 (working title) (next-generation console): Next-generation console technology meets the soldier of the future to revolutionize the classic squad-based shooter.

With Nintendo and Sony about to announce very big 'obvious' news next month, it would make sense for Ubi to focus on next gen'. The announcement does not mention next gen', but nor does it mention the word console either, so it will be interesting to see what consoles RSE are developing GR3 for.

......and I never even got a reply to 'MY EARLIER' post :whistle:

DS