Doom: The Film

Dick Splash

I endeavoUred to find this subject in these forums, because I'm sure a thread's already been started.

Anyway, Doom is in the pictures in the US on the 5th of August 2005. The official website isn't with us yet, but the link is here.

Universal Pictures

It features, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Karl Urban and Rosamund Pike and follows the story of a rapid response unit led by 'The Rock', that travels via a wormhole to a science facility on a remote planet, where they face off against virus mutated humans.

Like its source material, the film hasn't skimped on the gore. "By the end of this, I am covered in blood", says Urban.

'The Rock' I'm sure you all know, and you may remember Karl Urban as Eomer in LOTR The Two Towers/Return of The King and especially as the assasin Kirill in The Bourne Supremacy.

DS

Video game movies just aren't very good.  They just turn into B action movies like the Resident Evil Movie.

I hear you snared, but out of the three films, Doom is a 'hand wobble', but Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell should be worth seeing........or renting at least. ;)

DS

Max Payne was going to be made into a movie - ages ago....now it appears to be missing in action....

BloodRayne is being made into a movie and Silent Hill too. I'm still waiting for the Rambo 4 movie and the new A-Team movie.... I've read twice now from 2 reliable sores that a new A-Team movie is in the works, none of the origanla guys are cast [except B A makes a special guest appearance, but not as himself], and this time they can actually shoot properly apperently. Also, the original A-Team series' are availible on DVD and if you look inside the DVD box cover it says:

"At the time of writing, it appears that Fox have been in negotiations with Stephen J. Cannell and bought the rights for a forthcoming big screen production, with some of Hollywoods top names rumoured to be assigned to the project."