Out of Ammo!

gulf01

has anyone ever thought about when your weapons empty that you could pick up a couple of full mags' from your fallen buddy.i think a mod like this would be better than picking up sombody elses weapon.if any of you modders like the idea,please go for it!would definantly add a touch more realisum to the game,then you would'nt have to type in (refill) when you run out of ammo. :)I'd do it myself but I don't know where to start.so just tell me what you guys think of the idea,and if a mod like this is possible.thanks fellas!

Edited by gulf01

i do not think that this is possible.

I'm pretty sure that this is possible.

It's at least sort of possible, the scripting language allows you to allocate a kit to an actor (SetActorKit) as an action, but that would be a specific kit with full ammo, not a couple of mags from a specific kit.

You could set up a script block where, when an actor is within a certain radius of a specified point (including an actor or vehicle), they are allocated a new kit, but offhand I can't think of a way to tie that to the exact ammo state of a particular actor. It would also happen the instant the actor came into the set radius from the specified point, rather than voluntarily. It should be possible to tie all of this to the death of an actor, so you can only pillage dead bodies and not live ones. The major drawback is we are looking at at least one script block and several variables per actor, so it's a heavy load on the scripter.

The baseline SetActorKit instruction seems not to be usable with player team members, which would limit this to other actors, but I'm fairly certain I've seen someone allocate AT kits at a specific point in a scenario, so it must be possible to work around the limitation.

Some mods already have that option, well atleast in certain missions. For example, CO2, one of the missions where you start off with one clip and to finish the mission you basically have to salvage weapons and ammo from the enemies you kill.

yeah,you're right,but thats in some mods.picking up enemy weapons,thats a last resort!and everybody knows it.what I'm saying is that it should be standard to pick up a fallin' buddys mags.(like the "mod woundz" for example,or "standard upgrade")I'm sure most of us use these mods as standard.cause in reality thats what you're going to do. if the option is there, you're going to collect acouple full ones. ;)

Edited by gulf01

yes it is possible. scripted so that when actor so-n-so is not alive when within so many meters of actor then inventory refill. that's just a very quick sample of what it would be. i don't have time to do this right now. 3 weeks with no days off working 12 hour days 7 days a week is getting old and i'm so freakin tired.

Replenish Inventory will get yer ammo back. GR v 1.4 only

get range (current actor < 2m ) dead actor will be the right distance. you can use a actor loop (at some reasonal interval to keep the server load down) to loop over player actors and only check the range of the dead ones.

If you want to see how to pick up spawned weapons that you can see (just like Quake),

check out the DeathMatch HX script in HX5. It puts 12 weapons on the map, players start with knife and work their way up to better weaps as they find them and pick them up. requires well developed sense of humor. if you can handle it, this gametype makes both behemoth and cat/mouse look like tiddly winks.

yeah,but I think its more real to gather magazines.most of the time you're in a fire fight,and you don't have time to look for a weapon most of the time,except your fallin' body's.its either his weapon or his clips.me,i'm grabb'en his clips, if possible cause,my weapon is zeroed to my eye.I know this is very realistic thinking,but I love the game guys. :thumbsup:

Edited by gulf01

yeah,you're right,but thats in some mods.picking up enemy weapons,thats a last resort!and everybody knows it.what I'm saying is that it should be standard to pick up a fallin' buddys mags.

Well the script (looping - as described by harntox) would be identical except applied to members of the player platoon :unsure:

realism eh .. ?

i guess to avoid infinite ammo reloads you could have a last-dead-guy actorref. if you try to get ammo from the last-dead-guy it wouldn't let ya cuz ya already did.

you could have 2 loops and do it all-

one for enemy where u just get a Ak47

one for players where you just get replenished ammo

being that 5.45mm / 5.56mm are incompatible, you gotta grab the whole kit if its enemy

whereas w/ players you just swipe the clips.

dammit you guys are giving me ideas, ###### stop it will ya's ?!

I like that idea Harntrox,maybe you could make it like to where one man on each team will have the load if he falls.if he is the machine gunner,and you are not,then you will have to pick up the whole kit,or the sniper,etc'.another idea is instead of typing refill,when there are no weapons or clips left,and you are the only man left,it would be kool if the game could auto switch to "escape,and evastion" mode.to where you would have to get to original evac-zone of the mission in order to get credit for the botched mission.this is just another thought.