GR2 for PC CANCELLED

cobaka

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gr3-bait.jpg

Yeah, this is called BAIT and SWITCH tactics  :nono:  - trail us along for over 14 months with promises, then pull the carpet out and replace it with another [false] promise.  Screw UBI - [moderator edit] - can't count on them for anything except backstabbing and lies.

Let's see - GR for PC made them a player, then they abandon the pc gamers to offer mind-numbing versions of their games for the platforms where the testing is much easier - 1 standard to test and dbug.... easy money.... $$$$ greed kills.

I will now be switching all of my attention from any GR2/3 news to Battlefield 2 which at least can manage to hit a target release date in some fashion.

GR3 - "Broken Promises" should be a good working title. <_<

LOL That is the funniest thing I've seen! :rofl:

And at the same time it makes me angry! :o=

Someone hurry and make my raid ubi headquarters mod a reality so I can play it.

:o=

Edited by Dannik

WHAT?! GR2 cancelled........wow delayed reaction. Here are some personal thoughts

1. Anounce canellations earlyer UBI! :wall:

2. GR3 better rock

3. Atleast we wont be playing a port untill then

4. someone please make that UBI raid mod :o=

and finally

5. Thanks for the laugh Stalker that was hillarious and much needed

So im stuck in the middle between torqued and content......we'll see what happends in the next months (or years) with UBI and GR3

ill have more later trust me

WHAT?! GR2 cancelled........wow delayed reaction.  Here are some personal thoughts

1.  Anounce canellations earlyer UBI!  :wall:

2.  GR3 better rock

3.  Atleast we wont be playing a port untill then

4.  someone please make that UBI raid mod  :o=

and finally

5.  Thanks for the laugh Stalker that was hillarious and much needed

So im stuck in the middle between torqued and content......we'll see what happends in the next months (or years) with UBI and GR3

ill have more later trust me

Thanks man for the compliment. But ya better call me SZ for short cause there's another person here on this forum actually called "Stalker".

Anyways I glad you liked my mod idea and I hope the scripters and modelers out there get inspired enough to do a raid on ubi headquarters mod.

I'm coming up with another sp/coop mission idea starring.........Serellan. ;)

I'll post my idea soon.

Well...I don't mind when it comes or not. It will be UBI's own fault to make GR PC-fans to wait. It might happen that some other company creates far better version of tactical 1st person shooting game and get as much players/communities like GR 1 made...So let's just enjoy these great GR1 modders works and keep GR1 wheels running.

I sure enjoy GR1 still!

Typing won't be easy when u hold 6 months old son at the same time...lol

WHY DOES THIS SURPRISE SO MANY OF YOU? we all knew it was coming, the writting was on the wall = console version released yet the pc version kept getting "delayed"

in a way Im glad its cancelled so you can stop holding your breath and continue to play and enjoy GR1.

I'll worry about GR3 when I see on the store shelves., until then I love GR1 and I hope you do too.

Most of us knew what kind of a game GR2 console really is, and yet people are disappointed...

OK I admit, I was a little disappointed too... But not as much as when I heard that Sam & Max: Freelance Police and Full Throttle 2 were cancelled!

WHY DOES THIS SURPRISE SO MANY OF YOU? we all knew it was coming, the writting was on the wall = console version released yet the pc version kept getting "delayed"

in a way Im glad its cancelled so you can stop holding your breath and continue to play and enjoy GR1.

I'll worry about GR3 when I see on the store shelves., until then I love GR1 and I hope you do too.

We dont want to keep playing GR1 when everyone else is getting there udated versions. Like Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield and already fixin to get Rainbow Six 4: Lockdown. Well in all reallity they will probably cancel it to. :rofl: I hate UBI, I dont know what kind of stuff they smoke, and I dont know why they dont stay true to the people who got em here. Kinda like the same thing Ratbag did. Sold big in the dirt race sim genre and then sells out and changes completely the types of games they make. Now the whole community is modding every NASCAR game out there to get there dirt fix. These people just suck. Raid Ubi!!!!!! boom :o= boom

I don't understand why people are thinking that GR Xbox was sucessful only because of the PC base. GRPC sold a few thousand copies... GRXbox sold WAY WAY WAY more. What choice is there?!?

Ubi is a busniess. Making video games is a busniess. This is just the way it goes. Lets just hope that the PC version is good, becaue honestly... I am already considering ignoring the PC version and just concentrating on the Xbox2 version, since I love the GR2 Xbox game anyways.

For real how many is a few thousand? Do your homework first son! And I have news that they might be sneaking Rainbow Six: Lockdown out from under us also. I have heard new release dates of as late as December 2005 when we were supposed to have it in 2 weeks. What are these people payed for? That just gives them time to make GR3 so big a deal that we wont notice them drop the next game out of their plans. When will we wake up. Start boycotting anything UBI and start buying valve or something to get the attention of companies what you want. You know another thing is the modding community can build something from as near as scratch as UBI in just weeks or months. UBI has a full staff of highly trained pros and we cant get a decent patch every now and again. These people suck. I used to love em and all Tom Clancy games are the best but when it all goes to their heads we the people loose.

BOOM :o= BOOM

I don't understand why people are thinking that GR Xbox was sucessful only because of the PC base. GRPC sold a few thousand copies... GRXbox sold WAY WAY WAY more. What choice is there?!?

Ubi is a busniess. Making video games is a busniess. This is just the way it goes. Lets just hope that the PC version is good, becaue honestly... I am already considering ignoring the PC version and just concentrating on the Xbox2 version, since I love the GR2 Xbox game anyways.

I went and did some research for you kingotnw and for your informatino Ghost Recon on PC sold no less than 2 million copies and counting. [Edited]

Edited by Pave Low

AFIK, there was never an "official" release date for the PC version of GR2 - just lots of estimates. I don't recall Ubi ever formally announcing when it would be out... Which of course is one of the things that annoyed PC gamers so much. The only firm information that came out of Ubi was "it exists", and "it's based on the Xbox version, but it's not a port". That's all they said. The rest was supposition/assumption/conjecture/pure BS.

god why have so many people taken this personally?

Its not like they broke your legs and burnt down your house, they cancelled something you spent a good year bitching about. Its like whining about squeaky wheel, then bitching when someone takes it away to fix it.

GR2 was projected for a mid year release, GR3, which i feel will be an upgraded GR2, is projected for realease later this year.

Just relax and wait. or shut up and go away, i dont mind which

Just relax and wait. or shut up and go away, i dont mind which

I've always found delusional kiddies who lay down the law, presume to override peoples' freedom of speech and tell them to "shut up and go away" to be far FAR more annoying than those who complain about bad customer service or big letdowns from corporate nancies with zero sense of PR.

I personally couldn't care less what they do to Ghost Recon anymore, I'm only looking forward to [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising] now. But I do read this forum now and then out of morbid curiosity, and fanboy posts like yours are just too hard to resist.

You tell 'em big guy!

Edited by Old_Geezer