GR2 for PC CANCELLED

cobaka

just a side note, half of you guys whine and moan about how gr2 looks so arcadeish and crap but then go and praise BF2 or some other run and gun game?

how is that ? bf2 is one of the most arcadish games iv seen. Theres no way in hell that it would be better then gr2 xbox version. Just watch the actual gameplay videos you will see what i mean.

before all you guys go and stomp out the door just remember they didnt feed you a strait console port.

Give em a chance once again to make the pc version that weve all been wanting.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's to say that the console version of GR3 won't be a port from the PC version they've obviously been workin on. My feelings are that in producing a worthy successor to GR PC they went too far for it to be GR2 any more. I'm also confident that the PC release will be first ...

Well ... back to Neverwinter Nights for a While.

yep but prozac we dont all rate games based on how realistic they are ;)

BF2 is good because it is meant to be arcadey, it is a run and gun shooter, just as counterstrike is.IMO in its category its the best game, but of course not everyone likes run and gun games.

The thing with the ghost recon/r6 games is that theyre meant to be ultra realistic and GR2 xbox just wasnt

Unless GR3 really blows me away like the original did I think I will be playing [OFP: DR] by then.

I hear ya!

To many corners were cut for GR2 XBOX and I doubt they will undo the "arcade-feel" in GR3 PC.

Let's register our [OFP: DR]-tags today already.

You'll be "Mr_UBI_Basher" and I'll be "Mr_UBI_Ditcher" :rocky:

Am I the only Glass Half Full person here? I think its an excellent decision, I thought that 6months time wasnt near enough to change GR2 into what the PC gamer wants. Hopefully the profits from GR2 are funding GR3 to be the hardcore game we really want it to be.

Go ubi and RSE, nice to see you had your heads screwed on after all. Youve made 1 fine game in GR1 Im sure you can do it again.

I hear ya!

To many corners were cut for GR2 XBOX and I doubt they will undo the "arcade-feel" in GR3 PC.

Let's register our [OFP: DR]-tags today already.

You'll be "Mr_UBI_Basher" and I'll be "Mr_UBI_Ditcher" :rocky:

Sounds good D. ;)

cant wait to see stalker zero have  a heart attack

:devil:

- If you look at it, RSE turned up the run speed..RSE added the rocket to every person..RSE added 3rd person...RSE made it so you pick your kit at the start of the game so you get spawn killed super easy.

Maybe RSE will add the bunny hop for GR3..what else do they have left to add. You dont wanna copy another game but you add 3rd person, you dont wanna copy another game but you add faster run speed..what games come to mind when you think of those 2 features- socom and CS.

I am glad they canceled it..like i tell my friends..

"If you cant do it right, dont do it at all!"

@Chems

Your not the only optimist here.

Personally I would have been happy with the Xbox version of GR2, I said that in November and I still stand by that. If you were in UBI's shoes what would you have done? Continue to invest resources into an "older" product? Or direct them into something "newer" which would be on the market possibly 3-4 months later?

After the announcement of GR3 I still doubted it was the truth, today totally sealed the deal, but do you honestly think Red Storm will let the work they did on the PC game go to waste? I don't.

E3 will be very intresting, do we see a next gen console game? A PC game? A current gen console game? Who knows. But with RSE doing the work, I personally feel confident that they will do the job right!

The developers know how we feel, they can see the utter frustration in many people's posts. Knowing that alone leaves me to trust that they will do right by us. Keep up the good work Red Storm, see you at E3. :thumbsup:

With GR3 and [OFP: DR] releases fairly close togather (possibly) maby we can get some good competition for the realism tactical shooter fan base so we can get the high quality type of games we want.

Edited by jay316

Totally agree with you NYR, I think RSE is caught, they know exactly what we want, but they also know there is a huge market out there for the GR2 experience on xbox, and now they have drunk from that particular well they are back on track with a GR3 aimed at the PC gamer, with a port possible for consols that some consolers will enjoy just like they enjoyed GR1 on the consols. :thumbsup: Seems like sound marketing to me.

I am glad an announcment was made finally. I have been and still am a staunch defender of RSE, but it is Ubi that is the problem. Let's all make sure that the blame gets pointed to where it really should be. Right on Ubisoft's shoulders.

I know that I didn't completely like what I saw of GR2 for XBox and had some doubts about how a PC version would turn out, but I did try to keep a positive outlook on it due to RSE's track record. The high standards we have for the series was set by the series itself and we really want what it offers for the most part.

That said, I will say that in a way, we PC gamers allowed ourselves to get shot in the foot. Now I am not trying to make a dig at consolers, but between them and and those who wanted the extras other games have like drivable vehicles (though GR2 for consoles didnt' get them), complaints about how long it took to cross a map, and wanting a medic to fix up guys all lead to what was in the console verisons. GR is GR and unlike any other game for a reason and that is why we like it, it is not a clone of other games and it should be kept that way.

Now I know Serellan and another RSE dev is reading this thread, and I am sure they can feel our pain, I just hope they take these rants to heart. It is the "small" online community on the few forums dedicated to GR that have really kept this game alive unlike some other games that are forgotten in less than a years time. What this community says plays a big part of how the devs think about working the game. Something to think about.

RSE, :thumbsup::thumbsup: . I know it isn't y'alls fault that this came to pass as it did. Just make us proud when GR3 comes out.

Just make us proud when GR3 comes out.

Shouldn't that be IF.

Ubi have already proven they've got the financial ruthlessness to dump an in production title.

What's to stop them doing it again?

We'll at least they came out and said it at last.

More than anything it was the silence that was beginning to really irk. By not officially announcing what we were already starting to resign ourselves to, it's like they were stringing us along.

Until today as far as anyone knew, officially Ghost Recon 2 was still on and by not playing fair to the fans and letting us know earlier that it was cancelled, Ubi have strung us along, and will have lost whatever "loyalty" their flagging Ghost Recon fan base had along the way.

To win some of those fans back they only have to do one thing, and that is to hold true to what they have promised now.

".....cancelled to focus on making a quality GR3 PC version"

Quality and version being the key words - the word "port" will be added to the swear filter here if I see it used ad nauseum. :nono:

And we are getting it this year, for Christmas no less. I can wait - if it is quality and has countless PC enhancements over those dang consoles! :thumbsup:

I agree, it is quality that counts in the end. If RSE needs the time to make the next Ghost Recon a bigger and better game then GR2 was going to be, they have my blessing!! i am looking forward to seeing the first screenshots!

Just make us proud when GR3 comes out.

Shouldn't that be IF.

Ubi have already proven they've got the financial ruthlessness to dump an in production title.

What's to stop them doing it again?

Good point, this is the second time they have done this.

I would like to see some word if GR3 will include the maps from GR2 in it though should GR3 be released. Hopefully we will get something out of it. :unsure:

I dont understand some of the optimism here. Where has any ubi/rse person stated the game will be built toward a PC gamers taste? Where have they said it will be that different to to console GR2? Where has RSE said that they want to make a game that we will appreciate? They havent.

IMO this is all wishful thinking, ive said it before ill say it again, in total, the people that wanted the gameplay of GR1 are in the minority, we are the hardcore, and the niche part of the market. Most people want drivable vehicles, more exciting gameplay, Ubisoft (Not RSE) has to cater for that, not us. By cancelling GR2 for PC which they said would be tailored towards us they have just effectively said consoles is where the money is, you can have a port for GR3. The people that post here or the writers for the PC gamer magazine might not love GR2 but lots of people did, well less than GR1 but still more than if it had been made for the hardcore.

Finally I still think RSE would prefer to make a game like GR1, but its out of their hands now, its up to ubisoft, and that means we get shoveled crap.

RSE's track record got smudged when they stopped making tactical sims like GR1 and Rouge Spear and started making dumbed down games like GR2 xbox.

Also i can see RSE devs just read my post it would be interesting to hear their thoughts here, surely they are allowed to talk about SOME stuff now the game will never see the light of day, or even just their thoughts on it being cancelled.

and tommy sums up my view

Edited by babydave

Are me Rocky and Swartz the only people here who think 'I can wait, if it's going to be way better.'?

I personally can't wait for GR3!

Who CARES if there was no 2? It's in the PAST now. Get over it!

It's that simpe. :) Now let's get back to business...

Edit:

Oops, forgot Chems and NYR... :D

Edited by Snake@War