Bot Hunt

X69RZX

Any improvement to the AI in GR is a welcome improvement.

I've just started to explore this mod and I've not yet found the user controls described above... except the options to set the game difficulty.

What am I missing this time?  :wacko: 

In rereading this thread I finally figured out how to activate BH.... and it's awesome. Thanks for all your work X69RZX!

What's that latest version? The version I have is from Ghostaholics 562kb. It has 17 levels... including a second embassy level.

At one point the actors and team member locations would show up though the walls. Is this something I did? How does one shut it off?

Thanks!

What mods were activated that time?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What mods were activated that time?

Beside DS and IT, only Bot-hunt. There's talk in this thread of some developers mode. Maybe I switched that on by mistake though I have no idea what I did.

At the time I was in MP mode... and the locations of the bots/team showed up in two levels.

CORRECTION... I was in Quick Game mode... and it I've only found dev mode in one level BH2 Embassy.

Edited by cryptomorph

Downloaded today latest version and wow, awesome scripting. I personnally don`t like being hunted down in this fashion by the AI, and failed to complete any missions. However great work, will be passing this on for some fun.

:lol:

There are no missions per se.... even though you have to access the BH levels on the missions menu. It's just a FF between you and them.... and the enemy just happens to be very aggressive. A scoreboard pops up every now and then to tell you the score.

There's talk in this thread of some developers mode. Maybe I switched that on by mistake though I have no idea what I did.

Nevermind. There seems to be only one map in Bot Hunt where you can access the Dev Mode by the method described above. That's BH2 EMBASSY

Now... just what purpose does dev mode serve besides showing the location of the tangos/team members though the walls is another question.

Edited by cryptomorph

Ah, I will adjust those values, thanks for the shout Jack. :thumbsup: I do have their spotting distance adjusted to 20 meters beyond the default for each map, because it seems that on most maps, the human eye can actually see a bit further than that. (tested with binos) However, I did notice that on some of the foggy maps, the problem you described would occur. Considering the many shortcomings of the AI, I have really tried to make this challenging, without being impossible. I will re-check all the spotting distances against the far distances and original spotting distances, to try and make it a bit more fair. Thank you very much for your interest, and compliment. :D

I love Bot Hunt but I'm in the camp that believes the spotting distances are set too far. I'm getting shot at and often even with binocs I can't see who's shooting. Then there's those impossible shots that are so frustrating. It's a rainy day in Vilnius, I'm prone, just trying to get a bead on a tango 3-400' away. Realistically he should be taking the time to do the same... yet he pops on off and I get it in the forehead.

Yes the human eye can possibly see further than the default distances in GR... but then a real person can't see every small detail in their field of vision unless they take the time and concentrate to study the environment. I feel these tangos see less like real humans and more like bots.... with instantaneous perfect sight over their full field of vision.

Maybe that's why RSE set the spotting distance lower.

That being said... how would I change them? In IGOR? If so is it on a map basis or actor by actor?

(What happens if during MP one mod is slightly different than another?)

Edited by cryptomorph

This is absolutely the most amazing mod I've every playd for Ghost Recon; it's so impressive X69RZX, that you should definitely give up beta testing GRAW, quit your job, and stop eating so you can work on it more! :)

Understanding the constraints and limitations of programing languages and script and finding imaginative work-around and work-through takes some really imaginative full-context and abstract thinking (and a lot of code/script) for this kind of problem solving -- but what amazing results!

I have never given Ghost Recon script a look,so I don't exactly know what is possible but taking a cursory peek makes this mod all the more surprising and all impressive.

I'm just shooting from the hip here; but earlier in the thread X69RZX said that getting the bots to use cover was not much of an option due to script logic limits. Wouldn't it be possible to way-point bots to positions of good cover, concealment, or advantageous firing lines and make them idle longer in these positions; and pefer advantagous directions of fire and travel from them? Multiple bots could be given some of the same points, or points of close and intersecting cover with long idle times to make them appear to meet up, and in some cases have areas of the map covered by multiple firing lines at times -- in what could for all practical purposes function as an ambush.

I'm probably smoking from the ass as I don't really understand a the Ghost Recon script vars; is there any reference material for GR script?

Great Mod!

:)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I just wanted to bump this thread for those who haven't tried this out before.

Does anyone still have the packs he released? The links are dead here.

Hey, well spotted. Cannot find any of the packs on my side, all links are dead indeed! :(

Instructions for implementing them look pretty straight forward, will do what I can to implement them into the blood oil maps. Depending on how 1 of those go, will depend on continuing this.

In the meantime, anyone having any of the packs released, try to get them across to Rocky or myself if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I hadn't heard of this mod till now. I'm grateful that somebody did bump it.

So, in the end, the two files that we see listed here are the most up-to-date versions of these endeavors?

Could someone answer for me what Tinker meant when he said that all that was missing was the "WSV" versions?

Thanks in advance!

:)

The 2 downloads are:

Bothunt version 2. All these mission files will play with just the original GR/DS/IT mods.

Bothunt_MLP. These missions can only be played on the MLP_Maps found HERE

Following this topic, there was a set of "Bothunt_WSV" missions that needed White Skull Valley to play them on. These missions are missing.

:thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

:thumbsup:

Thanks for answering my question Tinker, and thanks for supplying the link to the MLP missions!

Well, I'd imagine that a hunt of sorts is on to try and find those White Skull Valley missions.

I just happen to have those missions. :D Let me zip em up and I'll post a link to them. Any other requests? I'll read back thru this post too.