GR2: Advanced Tactical Center

me thinks you posted a mod builder for the xbox, since it states that much in the description for it...

Description

Experience the ultimate in team strategy! The Advanced Tactical Center for Ghost Recon 2 allows you to create new tactics and discuss them with your friends.

Features include:

- 22 Ghost Recon 2 Xbox maps plus area photos.

- Paint tools like paint brushes, text, and icons to define your tactic.

- Built-in chat client for up to 16-person strategy discussions.

- Create, save, and export your tactics for easy sharing.

Thats very nice program! Im a little confused how you could use that on you xbox tho, anyone have some insight?

This is a feature I really wanted to see with GR2, hopefully in whatever we get in terms of GR, has something like this built right into the game.

me thinks you posted a mod builder for the xbox, since it states that much in the description for it...

Hmm ... there seems to be some confusion about this.

First, this is NOT a mod builder for GR2 Xbox. GR2 Xbox does not officially support mods at this time (and likely will never).

This program is only for GR2, NOT for GR1.

It is a stand-alone program for use on the PC only. It can NOT be used on an Xbox or linked to an Xbox or used on Xbox Live.

All it is for is to discuss and share GR2 multiplayer tactics with friends on the Internet. :thumbsup:

One other thing: This is for PC, but for planning levels based on the Xbox GR2 title. Also, there are no maps included from the DLC's, but you can import any JPEG you want into the program, so in theory, you could use it for ANY game you have command maps for.

ATC WORKS for GR1 (PC)!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

You just have to add your GR1 command maps by using the Custom Maps Wizard button on the main menu screen. First open the command maps in Photoshop, create/save jpeg versions, and then you're set.

My sample screen: Sons of The Desert

I didn't try it online yet. I'm going to test further later this evening.

(Sorry about the PC news in the console section. I'm just so excited)

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

ATC WORKS for GR1 (PC)!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

You just have to add your GR1 command maps by using the Custom Maps Wizard button on the main menu screen. First open the command maps in Photoshop,  create/save jpeg versions, and then you're set.

My sample screen: Sons of The Desert

I didn't try it online yet. I'm going to test further later this evening.

(Sorry about the PC news in the console section. I'm just so excited)

silent_op

Too Cool.

So I was reading the licence agreement on the ATC package. I found this most interesting:

Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the ATC software will contact a webpage setup by Foolish Entertainment AB with the purpose of fetching the external IP of the Licensee's computer. Licensee further acknowledges and accepts that ATC software may be considered invasive.

Now why would a free software package need to phone home?

Yeh I noticed it was phoning home too, and blocked it - but that was when I thought I had been sent a dodgy pre-public version heh.

It works fine blocking outbound traffic, but yeh it's a good question, why is it phoning home anyway. I've noticed quite a few small tools that I've downloaded over the years do the same thing even when there is no functional need for it.

Legitimate uses could be checking for updates, but from from you've posted I don't think it's doing that. :nono:

I think it does it for two reasons.

1. For statistic purposes. There's an option in the application which is user-enabled/disabled. (in the edit menu).

2. In the help file it also says "(ATC contacts a webpage at Ubisoft with the purpose of fetching your remote IP. All the webpage does is returning the remote IP)".

So no reason to worry. :)

its a gr2 mod mapper for the pc, so people can design mods for the xbox version the game i suppose you could also port your gr1 map kits into it so you could could reuse the old maps....

if it supports the file fomat from gr1

i'm begining to think this a utility that has to be used on the xbox...

Edited by redlineshooter

Hey does anyone now how to import kits of GR1 in ATC I know how to import maps and site pictures of maps but how to import kits? :please:

This program is AWESOME!! you realy have to check it out with friends put up TS and ATC server and get tactical :D

You can select your teammates equipment (in GR1 they are called kits) when you click on roster, next to tools. I've checked it out and it's not possible to have the weapons of GR1. It's made for GR2 xbox and not for GR1 PC. Importing your own symbols would be great but can't be done.

I'm already glad we can import custom maps to use with GR1.

The only downside about it is that everyone needs to have the custom maps installed in ATC. So it isn't server sided. I know this topic is confusing cause we're mixing GR2 xbox and GR1 PC :wacko: it's just such a great program :yes:

• 4 weeks later...