"Behind firewall"

qsxdrgbhu

In Ghost Recon multiplayer options there is the "Behind firewall" setting. Sometimes(at the moment, all the time!) it automatically unchecks itself preventing me to host games.

What to do what to do?

I am tired of sending ubi these questions and waiting a week for an answer, which is usually just another question that needs to be answered so I can wait another week.

Ahh... My trustworthy router has proved its excellence once again:

The ports seemed to be open in router configuration, but Port Detective showed otherwise. I closed and opened them again. Now I can host again.

Edited by qsxdrgbhu

• 3 weeks later...

How can I host a game in Ghost Recon?

I think I have a very similar probelm with not being able to host as the above post.

I don't have a router that I know of. I use Verizon DSL and all they ever gave me was a DSL modem. I have a static IP that I seem to go through and I have my PC's actual IP.

When I "create game" in GR I get my internal IP all the time. When I give people that IP, they never see me in their Multiplayer window and they can't join directly to my PC. I even tried giving my exterenal IP and that didn't seem to work either. Now I have no problems with going to my group's game server or our teamspeak2 server.

I have Windows XP Home OS, and I use Norton Personal Firewall. I have turned off the Windows Firewall since I use Norton Personal Firewall. When I'm in the multiplayer screen (from selecting options), I see a box with Behind Firewall unchecked. I tried checking the box and hosting, but nothing happens.

I have even tried turning off my Norton Personal Firewall and activating my Windows Firewall. When I did that, I wanted make sure to unblock Ghost Recon in the Window Firewall "Exception" list. But, of course when I tried to "create game" in Ghost Recon, I still got no where.

I turned Windows Firewall off and activated my Norton Firewall again. I then checked to see if I have blocked Ghost Recon some how. I clicked the "configure" link for "Firewall" and then I clicked the "Programs" tab to check if the Ghost Recon has "Permit All" and "Permit". It did, that is I guess why I can even go to my game server.

How can I host a game on my PC? Help please.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

You need to set the Norton Personal Firewall to open the ports that GR uses. There should be a way in it's control panel to add or allow programs access to the internet. From that, browse to your GR folder and select the .exe for GR and that should be it. I don't have NPF, but use ZoneAlarm and it is similar.

I have everything under control now.

Thank you WhiteKnight77 and Collector*AFZ* for your quick responses. Also, thank you GR.net for "GR Tech Support" section.

You guys helped me get up and kick this "no hosting thing" in the butt. I looked through my modem settings, of which happens to be a router as well (news to me). In one of the setting was "Service Configuration". There were already preset setting for Ghost Recon (port forwarding).

Now I can finally host! :rofl:

silent_op