Ghost Recon.net Forums

I've got two GR utilities in the works. Here they are. Thank you to Ruin who provided me with the ideas for the utilities in the first place. Thanks m8 :)

ATR/VCL Constructor-

This program allows you to create .atr and .vcl files that are used in Ghost Recon. It has the basic functions that the IGOR editor has along with a nice feature that allows you to view and edit many multiple files all at once.

-------------------------

Weapon Chooser (much like Character Chooser, same idea, different files)

This program allows modders to create mods that allow the user to specify what weapon combinations they want to use in Ghost Recon. The user of the mod selects the weapons he or she likes and then decides which character in the game will get these weapons. This gives the modder more of an opportunity to create a wide range of weapons and it lets the user of the mod decide which weapons to use.

-------------------------

I guess what I'm looking for now are suggestions for what you would like in these programs. Any thoughts would really help me in deciding how they will be laid out, etc.

-THANK YOU! :D:P

Id like to see something that allows us to choose skins from within the game. say for example I have 3 different desert skins, Id like to be able to choose from 1 of the 3 characters

I think this can be done also by creating more than one .atr for each soldier but I seem to have trouble doing that.

thnx.

A mod mixer would be nice. For example, I have GRM 6.0 and HX4, and I'd love to run them both at once, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna have conflicts everywhere if I do. Some kind of program that would take both mods and mix them into a new mod (IE, mixing HX4 and GRM creates a new mod/directory on your system called "GRMHX4", with both mods in it but some of the files renamed/changed to make them work together. It wouldn't add anything, just mix both mods so you can run them both at once.)

I don't know if it's possible but there's a similar program for Total Annihilation to let you mix mods...it's called Conflict Crusher...

Or, a program that would let us take the weapons from both mods and create our own kits out of them would be nice. IE, in GRM 6 there's a silenced FAMAS and in HX4 there's a Glock 20 pistol, they're both in different mods but this program would let you take them and make a kit out of them. Hell, better still, a program that takes all the kits from both mods and combines them.

....I seem to have rambled on there for a bit, but if any of those are possible I would love to see one released.

Edited by ShadowViper
Some kind of program that would take both mods and mix them into a new mod

That sounds like a good idea. The only problem I can think of are modders who do not want their mod to be mixed. Plus all the missions that use the custom files would be tricky to do. I've got my marching orders from Ruin though, this one's gonna be a biggie. :D Shhhhh. It's a secret. :ph34r:;)

-Thanks for the input.

That occurred to me, which is why I edited it and added a second idea. If it can't be done fully, weapons-only would be perfect. There's many a time I've wished for a kit in GRM when I'm playing some of the near-impossible HX4 missions.

I don't think it would really require any actual changes to the mod, IE changing a weapon's stats or something, it just takes all of the kits from both mods and puts them all in one BIG kit pack. So instead of having to choose between GRM6's 200 rifleman kits and HX4's 150 or so, you have 350 rifleman kits to choose from. The maps aren't such a big issue (at least with combining these two mods) since GRM6 doesn't come with any. Still, I'd love to have such a huge variety of weapons.

You would give credit for such an endeavour, of course.

If not a mod mixer, having someone take both mods and mix them as a custom job for me would be great :D

Edited by ShadowViper

I'd just love to see an ME Compatible Version of Your ;

ATR/VCL/ and Possible CHR Constructor ( ;) )

That could also perform the Functions of Skinning Character Models within "GR", "DS", and "IT".

"Mike Schell's Character Skinner Utility" never worked on My ME OS no matter what I did and no matter what advice I tried. Even the Update to It didn't work at all. It was a Shame because it was IMO one of the most Smokin' Utilities out there.

Sincerely,

Some kind of program that would take both mods and mix them into a new mod (IE, mixing HX4 and GRM creates a new mod/directory on your system called "GRMHX4", with both mods in it but some of the files renamed/changed to make them work together. It wouldn't add anything, just mix both mods so you can run them both at once.)

The problem is that people would be releasing it as a mixed mod.

Maybe not but I'm not hopeful.

"Mike Schell's Character Skinner Utility" never worked on My ME OS no matter what I did and no matter what advice I tried.

I'm sorry, that really sucks. It worked for me when I had ME. Switch to XP possibly? :P THanks for the advice, I'll add .chr files to the editor.

The util I would most like to see is a MOD "cleaner-upper". Something that will go through all the folders and find anything that's not referenced as part of the MOD.

Be great for modders to clean up sounds, textures, models, and so on that were part of the idea at one point, and then discarded later. And for end-users to get rid of some of the stuff that was packaged, but is just taking up space.

The reverse would of course be that you see what was missing in the MOD immediately should there be a crash or a problem. It would eliminated 90% of the patches we see today.

:wall:

Nice one Grail! :)

How bout something to make doing a night conversion and fog levels easier.

A visual refrence. Same goes for Actors and Vehicles, a visual refrence. :rocky:

To me igor is like a old half dos half windows program. When I select a character I'd like to SEE the character. Same for vehics. :blink: