Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ubisoft releases for 2005-06

They might be calling the PC game GR 3 because it is different from the console version. I think the release date will be pushed forward to December, because it is requiring more reengineering than anticipated.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be careful about that assumption

assuming makes an ass of u and me :)

i came to that conclusion because its logical, and it does make sense. But as we know ubisoft is anything but logical. so im not getting my hopes up yet...

Edited by babydave
I've been working for the past couple of weeks to get word on the current status of GR2 for PC and the existance of GR3.... to no avail.  :wall:

Wait.. Dosent this go against what you've been saying about your visit to RSE a few weks ago?

why did gr.net people go to RSE if they werent allowed to tell anyone else about anything in the game,

There's nothing new in that, developers often let outside parties see their work in progress sometimes backed up by an NDA blocking disclosure of certain or all aspects of what is shown, until such time as determined by the publisher.

Not everything that zjj and HF saw is restricted, and what they can tell us will be published in their report. I don't even know what's in it yet though, so don't give me a hard time about it ;)

GR3 is about as real as GR2. I think UBI just announces its slew of crap now and if the projects get cancelled along the way, oh well. They get the attention and hype in the mean time.

However we have all been loyal and die hard fans for GR from the start, and we freakin deserve an answer from you UBISOFT.

Not everything that zjj and HF saw is restricted, and what they can tell us will be published in their report. I don't even know what's in it yet though, so don't give me a hard time about it 

ah ok i look forward to the report then :) was afraid that it was all blocked by NDA's and we wouldnt see anything

/looks menacingly at zjj, but less so at HF in the hope theyll hurry up.

It does make me sad that ubi ignores us, look how much coverage BF2 has had, its had screenshots and movies from as far back as i can remember and the website serves a purpose rather than just being a link to console forums and information

Edited by babydave
I've been working for the past couple of weeks to get word on the current status of GR2 for PC and the existance of GR3.... to no avail.  :wall:

Wait.. Dosent this go against what you've been saying about your visit to RSE a few weks ago?

I went the end of January to tour the RSE sites and at that time GR2 for PC was in full production. However, with some recent rumours I became aware of I had questions about GR3 and the status of GR2 for PC. I was not able to get the rumours confirmed or denied.

UBi is French, most the press speak English, things get misunderstood and none can be taken for granted.

I never expected to see GR2 PC this side of 2005.It just makes more sense for it to be released later in the year.SO in the meantime i aint gonna worry myself.

I'll be concerned if nothing is announced at E3 about the release date.

From what i hear from some beta testers, they were not overly impressed with certain features and i'm sure alot of work is still required for this release, Hence NO News.

GR3, i'm not at all suprised to hear of work on this project.I'm sure the X-box team have already begun work on this, whether its an expansion pack or complete new title.

Heres something interesting that may also give us a clue to the future of the GR series.

Ghostrecon.com was secured by UBI :- Jan 2001

Ghostrecon2.com was secured by UBI :- Oct 2002

Ghostrecon3.com and Ghostrecon3.net

Ghostrecon4.com and Ghostrecon4.net were secured by UBI :- Nov 2002

Ghostrecon5.com and Ghostrecon5.net

Ghostrecon6.com and Ghostrecon6.net were secured by UBI :- April 2004

No GR7 onwards.

All the above (except GR.com) were updated 15 March 2005. (GR.com Oct 2004)

Ok they may just be future proofing so they don't have to pay someone lots of money for a domain name, but looks like UBI have allowed for the GR series upto GR6.

Edited by BornToKill_TAW

Im replying to this here instead of ubi forums you guys make more sence and are better informed.

March has nearly gone E3 is close maybe then we get a better idea of when we can replace our beloved gr1.

I know some of the admins work hard to gain information about gr2 from ubi, but what do we do?. Just moan a bit in the forums.

May be we could change that.?

If I had an address Id write a letter asking about GR2 direct to UBI not complaining but just asking when we could expect the game.

If enough people did this I think it would get a responce.

Once the address is published then have a poll on who sent a letter this would give numbers.

What you lot think.???

Col

Its not a port....*sigh*....

Ah, I fully understand what you are saying, and a month ago I would have agreed with you fully. Perhaps I am a jaded little consumer but until I see any NEW info about GR2 PC, the most I will expect from Ubi is a port.

There's one possibility of answer missing on that poll, it is "Never"...

:huh:

Now the post that I made on the poll that Rocky made about the release date of GR2 PC make more sens huh?

:whistle:

Hehe, you mean this post.

You could be right, then again, with 53% of the votes maybe my guess will be right... :yes:

I've an awful feeling I just tempted fate by saying that.

Edited by Rocky

I guess my previous comment about UBI's marketing with GR2 PC as being STUPID is looking better everyday with the recent news Rocky posted. :shifty: I don't really care about an offical release date but I sure as heck think the PC gamers that have kept GR alive all this time deserve an offical word about GR2's production so we can all quit wondering if we'll have a GR2 PC game to look foward to. :unsure: E3 may well be what their waiting for but they have already alienated a lot of their loyal GR fans and consumers. :wall: