insertion

101st woody

Hey

I am trying to set up a boat insertion on map CO5_river.env

I want the player platoon to insert from the bridge, north to the ford and unload.

I can do the rest but i cannot place a boat on the river. It is not within the play zone (Debug/floors) .

I no it can be done because i have seen it done on Alpha squad Navy Trek mission.

Any help would be much appreciated

:wall:

Yeah I have looked into that mission aswell :D.

To me this is the best mission around.

Did you open the mission in IGOR to see how Chavez has done it?

I tried it once on another map, just to see if a tournament mission we were gonna play could have some water attacks to a bridge scripted on it (nice mission +SD :D).

I did get it to work by placing an effect on the water and teleport the boat to the effect. Place path points on the side of the water and set speed for the boat, set a zone around those pathpoints so you can use proximity to cancel the plan for the boat and assign another plan. This will prevent the boat crashing into the land and will make sure it will keep folowing the river.

But this will be some difficult scripting woody, get ready for hours of trying without any result.

Also, I dont think this will work with the player platoon, dont know exactly how but you are trying to place them on inaccesible area so this would cause the game to crash. You could try to use just some actors looking as if it was player platoon and make it a nice cinematic.

But as always, I can be wrong, I do not know exactly about this.

Thanks again Foxhound.

Have played navy trek loads and agree it is excellent. As are all Alpha Squad mods.

Thanks for your advice. I have only just started looking into modding and find it totally absorbing if not a little frustrating. :wall:

I have looked at navy trek in igor but am still not sure how to place the boat on a none playable area.

Will give what you suggest a go and see how i get on. Even if i cant use it as insertion with player platoon it might be handy for future mods.

Maybe i will rethink my planned insertion and leave the boat thing alone for now. I might use it on my next mod and pick a map that does not have issues with the playable area.

Have posted on Alpha squad forum to ask how they did it in navy trek. if i get a reply will let you no .

Thanks again for help

No doubt will be scratching head and asking advice again soon :yes:

Edited by 101st woody

Thanks for your advice. I have only just started looking into modding and find it totally absorbing if not a little frustrating.  :wall:

Yes, modding can be very frustrating at times. But that is why these forums are here, ask any questions and somebody will help you. Good luck with your future modding. ;)

Thanks for your help again Foxhound.

:D

Am glad to say i stuck with it after what you said and managed to get it to work perfectly.

could not have done it without your suggestions

only took me a couple of hours to.

If you want to see it or know how i did it just contact me.

Thanks again

really pleased

I am getting hooked on this modding

Now about helicopters lol

Thanks mate

Silly question

Who builds the hx5 mods

Harntrox made the HX5 mod together with Drag mods.

Harntrox is still active here on the forum so you could sent him a PM, BUT I advice you to do a forum search first. There are a lot of topics about choppers in MP games. You will find a lot of answers here in the mission scripting forum section.

Thanks again foxhound

Have found how to do it

" live helo insertions are possible online (dedicated or p2p server) if you modify the helos in 3dsm to be type 2 (armor) instead of type 5 (cinematic helo). you can also put a crew of 10 in the helo -- 1 AI pilot and a full team of 9 real, live, human players online "

So now i need a copy of 3dsm to open it

Hmm.... :o=

P.S will send you mission when its finished( if i manage it) Least i can do after all your help

Edited by 101st woody