What's the cheesiet system you run GR on?

Pfarrer

We all know there are people out there playing GR on dual 3 GHz machines with 19 GB of RAM and seventeen 23 inch monitors. I hate them.

I run GR on a five year old laptop with 8 MB of VRAM (yes, eight) and a 14.1 in screen. Don't have to tell you that all the graphics settings are set to the lowest level available and that the machine lags if there are too many actors on the screen.

Ah, poverty. . .

Can anyone out-cheese me? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Wow... That's one bad rig. I've got a 3.0 p4 HT with 512 MB Ram and a Radeon 9600 256 MB. I play on the highest detail too.... with no lag. I feel sorry fo' ya man. I used to run a 633 MHZ w/ 512 MB Ram and who knows what kind of video card... Those days stunk... Needless to say.

Thought about saving an old rig from certain death...

• K6-2 300MHz Socket 7
  • 64MB of EDO
  • S3 X2/3D 8MB VGA adapter
  • No-name mobo
  • 3GB Maxtor IDE
  • 90 Watt PSU
  • 4X flavor-of-the-week CD-ROM
  • Crappy 15" monitor

...unfortunately, the dumpster had the last word.

####### interns.

These days, I see a rigs thrown out the window, and think one of two things:

1) Add it to my home network in cluster config

2) Install GR, and see how badly it runs

My first Ghost Recon experience was courtesy of an old Gateway - 750MHz AMD, 128MB PC100, 32MB TNT2, and a few other high-performance gizmos.

It's an experience I'll never forget. ;)

Wow... That's one bad rig. I've got a 3.0 p4 HT with 512 MB Ram and a  Radeon 9600 256 MB. I play on the highest detail too.... with no lag. I feel sorry fo' ya man. I used to run a 633 MHZ w/ 512 MB Ram and who knows what kind of video card... Those days stunk... Needless to say.

Don't feel too bad – I'm about three weeks away from a brand new machine. I've played a little on much better systems and always had the same reaction: wow, this game looks good!

I used to run GR on a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX , god knows what integrated motherboard thing, a uknown audio system (it didnt even support EAX i dont think :|) 128mb RAM (prolly SD) ,and a Intel Celery proccessor (celeron) alond with a CD burner and a bunch of Hewillett packard crap.(and loaded with spyware and viruses , cant forget the trojans)

When GR first came out, I was running on an AMD K6-II 450 MHZ machine, with 128 MB of RAM and a 16MB Voodoo 3 card.  I have yet to try it out with my 256MB FX5500 OC.

Same here.

The very first system I played GR on was the same as this, except only had 64MMB DIMM, and Diamond Viper 770 ultra with 32MB VRAM.

I now play it on this.

Computer Hardware/Accessories owned:

-MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR Motherboard w/NForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset

-AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 2.2Ghz

-Volcano Silent Boost CPU Cooler

-768MB Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel RAM in (3) 256MB sticks, running in Dual -Channel mode. Getting upgraded to at least 1GB soon.

-Sappire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Graphics card

-Generic Floppy Drive 1.44

-HP DVDROM Drive

-Mitsumi Cdr/CDRW 48X

-Maxtor 7200RPM 8MB Cache 250MB Drive

-Maxtor 7200RPM 8MB Cache 120MB Drive

-Western Digital 7200RPM 8MB Cache 80GB Drive

-Quantum 40 GB Drive

-Samsung SynchMaster 997s 19" .24 dpm Flat Panel CRT

-Aspire SuperX Alien Case with 500 Watt PSU

-(6)80mm fans to keep the air flowing

-Silicon Image IDE 133 Ultra ATA Raid/Additional IDE controller for added drives

-Linksys LNE100TX NIC for gaming. Less latency than GbEthernet.

-Onboard Nvidia Gb Ethernet

-Onboard Nforce2 Ultra 6 channel Surround Sound

-Linksys BEFSR81 Router/Switch for Home Network

But I am looking for a Pentium 200MMX with 64MB RAM and an HDD so that I can run some old legacy games on it.

-Running Microsoft Winblows XP Profilactic

-SuSE Linux Professional 9.1

-BSD, Solaris for Intel(Coming Soon)---

Edited by =UE=Phantom

I started out playing GR on a P2 with 8GB hard drive, 64MB RAM (IIRC). I remember needing to upgrade the video card just so I could play it.... I got a GForce TI 4200 (IIRC).

When GR first came out, I was running on an AMD K6-II 450 MHZ machine, with 128 MB of RAM and a 16MB Voodoo 3 card.  I have yet to try it out with my 256MB FX5500 OC.

Same here.

The very first system I played GR on was the same as this, except only had 64MMB DIMM, and Diamond Viper 770 ultra with 32MB VRAM.

I now play it on this.

Computer Hardware/Accessories owned:

-MSI K7N2 Delta ILSR Motherboard w/NForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset

-AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton 2.2Ghz

-Volcano Silent Boost CPU Cooler

-768MB Kingston PC3200 Dual Channel RAM in (3) 256MB sticks, running in Dual -Channel mode. Getting upgraded to at least 1GB soon.

-Sappire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Graphics card

-Generic Floppy Drive 1.44

-HP DVDROM Drive

-Mitsumi Cdr/CDRW 48X

-Maxtor 7200RPM 8MB Cache 250MB Drive

-Maxtor 7200RPM 8MB Cache 120MB Drive

-Western Digital 7200RPM 8MB Cache 80GB Drive

-Quantum 40 GB Drive

-Samsung SynchMaster 997s 19" .24 dpm Flat Panel CRT

-Aspire SuperX Alien Case with 500 Watt PSU

-(6)80mm fans to keep the air flowing

-Silicon Image IDE 133 Ultra ATA Raid/Additional IDE controller for added drives

-Linksys LNE100TX NIC for gaming. Less latency than GbEthernet.

-Onboard Nvidia Gb Ethernet

-Onboard Nforce2 Ultra 6 channel Surround Sound

-Linksys BEFSR81 Router/Switch for Home Network

But I am looking for a Pentium 200MMX with 64MB RAM and an HDD so that I can run some old legacy games on it.

-Running Microsoft Winblows XP Profilactic

-SuSE Linux Professional 9.1

-BSD, Solaris for Intel(Coming Soon)---

I'd be delighted to have a rig like yours. :) I'm currently running:

AMD XP1800+ @ 1500 MHZ

512MB PC133 RAM

256 MB NVidia FX5500 OC

Soundblaster Audigy 2

250 MB Maxtor HD, set up in 3 partitions

ViewSonic 19" monitor

I'd actually like to upgrade to a 64bit system when the finances permit. That kind of power would work wonders for high-end graphics production.

I started playin it on a P2 450mhz with Voodoo 3 Graphics card which was compatible with GR made for some whacky stuff. With 128mb of RAM. Wasnt to bad but it didnt make GR looks great. When I got my new system ohh yeah.

The first computer I ever owned was the first computer I played GR on. It was a 500mHz Celeron from Gateway with 192MB of RAM (upgraded from the original 64MB), onboard video and onboard sound. How it ran, I don't know.

My current rigs specs are in the link in my sig.

i think i've got you guys all beat. I first played GR on my old no-name, bought-from-a-shady-store comp which had:

-PII: 350 ~or about that

-don't know what kind of vid car

-and 64mb RAM.

GR ran, but just barely. Sometimes these massive untextured white pollies would fill bits of the screen. it was pretty ghetto. Thankfully, now i've got a new computer. :D

Ditto for me. Six more months on this small business laptop then upgrade for the sole purpose of raising the settings to "high."

I love playing on the laptop because I can play uninterrupted when I travel for business. Forget the television, there's nothing but junk on it anyway.

Last time I was away the hotel had free WiFi and I was looking for a game, but the dedi was down and no one was around to get organized with. :( Of course, I was in Seattle and the time difference pretty much eliminated the whole UK crowd. :rocky:

• 3 weeks later...
We are bringing up a Dedicated Server for about 8 players to play on:

Pentium III 1GHz

512MB PC133

7200rpm drive

16MB video card

Also running as the Teamspeak Server  :wacko:

But it will have huge amounts of bandwidth....

I will let you guys know how it goes  :rolleyes:

Well, the 16MB video card turned out not to be Direct-x 8 compatible, so I threw in a 128MB 9100 PCI card in.

It surprisingly runs pretty well as a server. We were getting crashes a lot, but that was due to the GR Dedicated Server Tools being improperly configured. We rarely have a crash now, and we run about 8 Mods at once. :thumbsup:

I used to run GR on the following:

700MHz P3

128Mb SD RAM 100MHz

30Gb Maxtor 5400 RPM HDD

24.5Mb PCI Hercules G-Card with a Kyro chipset

Cheap and crappy Soundblaster

All courtesy of TINY (the worst comp company on the planet) apart from the G - Card and S - Card

It was shocking

Now however I use the following:

AMD 64 3000+

512Mb Corsair XMS RAM

EPOX Motherboard

80Gb Seagate HDD SATA

Sapphire Radeon 9800 PRO

Audigy 2

Worth every penny!

I started w/ a AMD K6/2 550mHz w/ 256MB and an onboard video card. I thought I was smokin when I upgraded to a P3 600 w/ 256 that supported AGP, so I could use my super cool GF2MX vid card, lol. I think I almost got 30fps a few times. At least I can play GR now, I have a AMD K7 2400 2GHz, w/ 512MB, and a GF FX 5500, and I can finally get 60fps. I still pwned back in the day tho:devil:, well....some times anyway. :P

666 mhz (no I'm not kidding, that's what I get when I check the properties of My Computer)

64 mb RAM

No name 32 mb graphics card.

I couldn't even play it until I got a RAM upgrade.  Awful.

That sounds like my old compaq. I could play GR but the ground textures wouldn't show up. It would've given me the edge in multiplayer I would think... Not unless there was a grey camo being used...