Bravo 2 Zero

Chems

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im afraid not, I may concentrate in the free time that I have this week on the British Infantry mod Version 2. There isnt much for me to do. But getting a good version of that out would be good.

Ive got quite a lot to do still on this, a whole set of chrs, all the modeling for the map. Then a complex mission to script.

Any modelers out there that want to lend a hand?

Can you see them is the real question??!??!?!? I may may...include a M82, but if I do it wont include the ability to nail tanks. I decided that having to AT tanks is so much more fun over distance! Of course if you can see the driver then whack him and the tank will stop. And if you drop a nade down the open hatch, then that will stop a tank fully dead. (If youve played with Embassy Revisted you know what Im talking about)

Of course if you can see the driver then whack him and the tank will stop. And if you drop a nade down the open hatch, then that will stop a tank fully dead. (If youve played with Embassy Revisted you know what Im talking about)

What is this "Embassy Revisted" you speak of? I'd like to get a hold of that mission. :D

silent_op

Chems and team - if you guys finish this, it will be the MOD that actually makes me reinstall GR :)

Loved the book and I'm kinda used to playing on large maps now, so to put a large Map in my ol' favourite game would be great!

Looks good so far - keep up the good work :thumbsup:

BTW Chems - If you'd like some enemy skins, I have a couple lying around on a CD somewhere that never got completely finished. Republican Guard and standard Iraqi uniforms with insignia. Also have a fedayeen, but thats probably much later than B2-0.

They're only gathering dust here......;), although, they're not hi-res like the goodguys.

Cheers.

To be honest Chems, I don't really remember - plus I re-named the chr files to my own iraqi names.

I think Streinger remodelled the standard Russian rifleman chr slightly, but not too much.

Anyhow, they should fit nicely over the orig models with only minor or no modifications.

Both RSB's weigh up to about 1.5M. PM me to arrange delivery :)

EDIT - sorry, it's only around 630K packed

This is sounding better and better.

Earlier on you said you'd include satchel charges - will they be able to destroy tanks also? (I've no idea if this is realistic or not) but I like the idea of sneaking up at night, placing the explosives and then legging it!

Another idea/request is adapting the claymore to operate in a series (daisy chain) for a more authentic ambush. Not sure how/if this can be done but it would be a very nice addition.

though this mod is designed for multiplayers, will it still be playable as SP?

Ive always wanted to make something that can destroy tanks like a Claymore mine type thing, but it just cant be done, GR needs a projectile to hit the tank. I mean you could script it, but thats a lot of work and it loses the dynamics of it. Being able to drop nades through hatches should be fun thou.

Just got the book, "The One That Got Away". Excellent book so far. This map should have more than one mission to go with it. Kinda in a time line with some missions as just cinematics for the days when the men had to stay put. Just recon style missions during the night and dusk. But that's only if the campaign is going to follow the book?

Edited by BrandonKappel

Well aren't you so freaking special a NEW machine AND video card. Can I have your old one? PLEASE!!! LOL ;) Mine is still the same crappy one.

The old one is a five year old laptop on which I spilled a full glass of water. Still want it?