Bravo 2 Zero

Chems

WOW! This looks great.

Will you use your landrover models in this mod? ( I know B20 didn't use them but I think they should be used somewhere in the mod, possibly for an RV with another patrol or for evac?).

Will you have a map with snow/howling wind?

Any shemag wearing chrs in the pipeline?

I'm very excited about this - I wish I had more time to play GR!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you can handle some contructive crits on the characters mate :unsure:

Looks like you have used meshshooth on them and that's just about the biggest NONO you can do when it comes to game characters! Youv'e got a ######load of polys in places where they fill no need what so ever, with some constructive welding you could be able to knock atleast a 1000 polys off and still keep the same overall look and smoothness.

Snow

Indeed, I did use mesh smooth, but for it to work nicely I had to re model the base model but I did spend a lot of time welding polys around the chest. Next chr I will see if I can weld some more away as well. :thumbsup:

Did ya like the goat? My best poly modeling that is!

And hereshere is the scud launcher. :D

Edited by Chems

Yeah some sort of man hole covers should do it maybe some little huts. Its more the road that will take the time. It needs to be good.

If McNamee had ever got me the list about characters I would have done some more but I dont think he ever will so I will have to do it myself.

Edited by Chems

Got the road done the MSR and just texturing up some new bits. Will try and add some more things to it then get another export. Had a battle with a BMP today, ever tried to hit one from 230meters? its really hard!

Is there any chance of having a Barrett that can take out the light armour (this is realistic so long as you're not expected to tackle MBT's.)

And how about satchel charges for blowing up the scuds? Or even calling in an airstrike (there is a CAS mod with anti-personnel, anti-armour and cluster muntions- could this be used/adapted?)

This and the BIM v2 are both looking very good indeed.

I do belive the Brits use the Barret, quite a lot actually half the Royal Marine snipers seem to pack M82's. I will put on in with that same scripting that Navy Seals used. Thou it may degrade the fun of battling with BMP's at long distance. I will give one guy the Barret, only as a secondry weapon thou :devil: he can have an M16 as well.

I cant do the airstrike cause of the MP aspect. The Satchel charge I can do. I already have all these models from another mod so its just a case of getting the poly count right and texturing them.

Excellent news!

I might as well push my luck and ask for some G3's. (I know the B20 patrol didn't use them but the G3 is a 'standard weapon' for the SAS and it offers the patrol something with a bit more punch than the M16.)

Will the Lynx be used in the mod (I love that model!) or will you use the chinook? (one was done for the '22nd SAS' mod a while ago.)

I can't wait for this mod!

Yeah I was gonna use a CH47, but Im aiming more for the MP so Im gonna go no on that for the time being. Thou maybe later on I may do a chinook as practise. Once the map is all done.

The SAS patrol had M16 with 203 and a few Minmi Light machine guns, they also had Claymores, Elise Anti Personel mines and "66" Rocket Launcers which are the original version of the LAW. I will be only including the M16 L96 Minimi and the other ones. They also took Browning Hi Power pistols with thread barrel for suppressors but one of the other teams took them all, B20 was like B Squadron and I think A squadron took them. But I will include the P228 + SD and Browning Hi Power also. As well as the claymores and Elise.

Edited by Chems

The patrol is reported to have taken only minimi's & M16/203 combo's (all had 5.56 ammo so they could share it around). I seem to remember that there were insufficient pistols (the WW2 WELROD said to be still the favoured silenced pistol though Brownings were also being used) and that the troops had to make their own claymores in old ice cream tubs with C4, nuts and bolts and length of det cord.

They also carried a few old LAW 72 (?) rockets to tackle light armour.

As this was the only Bravo patrol on foot, they carried a far more limited selection of kit that the other patrols who in their Landrovers took enough weaponry to each fight their own little war single handed.

The patrol is reported to have taken only minimi's & M16/203 combo's (all had 5.56 ammo so they could share it around). I seem to remember that there were insufficient pistols (the WW2 WELROD said to be still the favoured silenced pistol though Brownings were also being used) and that the troops had to make their own claymores in old ice cream tubs with C4, nuts and bolts and length of det cord.

They also carried a few old LAW 72 (?) rockets to tackle light armour.

As this was the only Bravo patrol on foot, they carried a far more limited selection of kit that the other patrols who in their Landrovers took enough weaponry to each fight their own little war single handed.

Sgt Vince Phillips was the only member of the patrol to carry a pistol, a Browning. Claymores were made out of ice-cream tubs but they did scrounge some real ones from the SBS and A & D squadrons.

The patrol carried "The 66 mm Disposable Rocket Launcher" (see pic). Not sure on the numbers. "McNab" had one for sure, as he regretted leaving it with his bergen at the initial contact. I'd have to check the books to give you an accurate number Chems.

66mm_SRAAW.gif