New CHR - CT units

eSkwaad

hmm, i guess i see where you're comming from eSkwaad. it all comes down to what you really want to do. If you're not interested or motivited, well, you're just not. nothing you can do about that mate :)

If you don't feel like finishing the CT mod now maybe you could hand off what there is to ingeloop again to make a mod out of what is there. I know pretty much everyone here in the GR community would really love to play with those characters.

can't wait to see what you and swartsz come out with. It should be a real highlight of ghost recon's history. :thumbsup:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eSkwaad,don't give up on me bro!but its your right to do as you please,and i respect that.its really too bad,i was looking forward to your alsome mod.good luck on what ever you do.i will always treasure your mini skin mod,inwhich it is my favorite. thanks,one of your biggest new fans. :thumbsup:

:( damn this is sad news indeed.

i can only agree to what´s been said above. (with SOME exceptions)

some things that been said in this post i don´t agree with. :nono:

please correct me if im outa line here but,

if we have someone here that create magic, we must support the

freedom of art here.

not demand that he or she shall create this and that.

just give the artist support and feedback. contructive critisism, not destructive.

i consider myself as a mature modder though, but i can´t do things in 3dmax

like weapons or chr´s.

but i can do a whole lot else.

and again, eskwaad, im sad to see you leave but i respect your decision.

eskwaad

I, too, am sorry to here your dropping this. I'd check this post twice a day to see the progress. It's unfortunate that a few "bad eggs" would spoil the release of what would have been a whole new experience in GR. Certainly when most don't have the abilities or talent that you obviously do. I don't have the time or stamina to put into a mod like you've done. Others should be greatful, not demanding to see something they want in the mod.

Guys like myself who can't mod should be greatful for what you do for free. I try to keep my post to minimum because I only use what others make. I don't feel I should have a say in how modders create what they want to create.

...Anyway, thanks for the great Delta characters! I hope you will release the CT mod. I know I'd enjoy it without reservations.

Regards

tools

well,i guess i will be leaving GR net as well.so you guys don't have to worry about my postings anymore.seems every one takes my post too personal.i really enjoyed my time here until now.this my very last posting!hope everyone is happy. :(

Before this turns into a witch hunt, I have to sadly confirm that eskwaad has decided to put a halt on progressing this mod for the time being. I will leave it to him to post his reasons if he decides too.

It's a great shame, as I cannot think of any other mod that resulted in so much pre-release positive feedback and fan reaction in recent times, or even at all. This is one mod that I would be really sorry to see go :(

As I mentioned earlier though, let's not go all out to find a scapegoat - because there is not one.

Well I really hope that esKwaad will reconsider at a later date and either continue on with his mod or release what is already completed. Maybe after a break he'll refind his passion for it. esKwaad's got an amazing amount of talent and, as I said, I know everyone here truly appreciates what he has done.

I don't think there is anyone to blame here.

It is something that comes with the terroritory when you are a modder.

A lot of people have their own dreams about how the game should look and play,

but not everyone knows how to turn their dreams into reality. So when they see

a modder whoes work they really like, it is an easy desicion to ask them to make

the dream a reality/mod/character/weapon/mission

In the beginning these emails and pm's are really flattering but after a while they

can become a annoyence because most them just say "i like your work, can you

make this?"

But people need to realise that modders spend a lot of time researching before

they start a project so they have guidelines to work with. And it can become very

complicated when you have to redesign parts every week because of all the requests

coming in.

If you really want to influence a modder, give constructive feedback on their work

that is why they post screenshots of the work they make on these forums.

And this is not to ban all requests, but please bare in mind modders can't always

say yes because of time constraints and other factors that might influence their work,

like work, family and school. Try to respect their desicion and keep giving them

feedback on the work the modders show so they can keep improving and give you more

to enjoy in the game.

my take on this situation

I hope all Eskwaad needs right now is a little break so he can come back to

impress us again with his amazing work.

Now that's a very well put post swartsz :thumbsup: And one of the main reasons why I packed in my GR modding "career" in favour of other engines and avenues.

All those constant "bump, anything new?" and "hey, what about this!" posts. emails and PM's that you get are flattering at a start but in the long run very annoying. I know they are well meant but after a while they start to get very frustrating. Especially so in a situation where you put the little free time you manage to scrape up into making something for the game and fans but said fans always demand more...and more...and more.

Modders have a life too and we do spend alot of our free time creating new content for whatever engine we choose to work with. But it always seems like the ppl who use our mods expect us to do more and better work just for them, without any considderation to our own lifes.

Thx all for your support... thx to swartzs and snowfella which knew to explain better than me my decision...i would like that people dont take that for them...it's a personnal decision...i have less desire to continue beause GR dont give me a total satisfaction (graphic),some posts and emails affected my desire to mod for this game...I can understand people want to see a lot of things in GR but i cant,you must take what modders give you,we try to give the best of us to you, and indirectly you do not respect the provided ton of work.when i say "YOU" there's no name,ok Gulf? :)

Swartsz and Snow mentionned it very well.

I take a break now and i will see later.

Edited by eÅ kwaadâ„¢

Buddy,all the great modders suddenly woke up at one time and said "Sod it,I've had enough"........I've done it several times,my reasosn were simple,modding was overtaking my private life,I spent too much time doing what others wanted,and not what my family wanted.......You're one of the most talented modders on the scene today,I see a lot of myself in you,I loved modding but I had to stop and take time out.

Since I've been in Iraq I've not done any modding,I've not modded for nearly two years.....I miss it..........but real life is more important.......my advice to be honest is DONT pass on your work,it was your labour of love,and it's you who needs to finish it when you can

Keep the faith buddy........even Swartz has hit the doldrums before,look at him now,one of the best if not the best in the business.

I don't think there is anyone to blame here.

It is something that comes with the terroritory when you are a modder.

A lot of people have their own dreams about how the game should look and play,

but not everyone knows how to turn their dreams into reality. So when they see

a modder whoes work they really like, it is an easy desicion to ask them to make

the dream a reality/mod/character/weapon/mission

In the beginning these emails and pm's are really flattering but after a while they

can become a annoyence because most them just say "i like your work, can you

make this?"

But people need to realise that modders spend a lot of time researching before

they start a project so they have guidelines to work with. And it can become very

complicated when you have to redesign parts every week because of all the requests

coming in.

If you really want to influence a modder, give constructive feedback on their work

that is why they post screenshots of the work they make on these forums.

And this is not to ban all requests, but please bare in mind modders can't always

say yes because of time constraints and other factors that might influence their work,

like work, family and school. Try to respect their desicion and keep giving them

feedback on the work the modders show so they can keep improving and give you more

to enjoy in the game.

my take on this situation

I hope all Eskwaad needs right now is a little break so he can come back to

impress us again with his amazing work.

There is nothing more to say, good Words !

:clapping:

from now on i will be more careful how i post. :(

yes, but i have to admit that i also posted some weird things.

XXXX can happen to anyone.

i agree with the things said above regarding modding, though i

consider myself a modder "light" and not in the heavy-weight class.

real life issues/school etc etc must come first, then there is modding.

remember that people, but please don´t stop creating.

also continue to keep the good spirit up at this wonderful forum.

cheers/ ingeloop

Edited by ingeloop

• 2 weeks later...