MOVIE: Castle Day done quick

Ben

Last week i had no internet for 5 days, so i was playing some Quake 3 Promode (CPMA) and even Counter Strike Source...

It was unsure when i would get internet back because i needed to get a new modem. So on a boring wednesday i did some Castle Day firefights and then i decided to do a quick run on Castle Day vs very deadly elite (!!) bots, i fraps'd it because replays are kinda boring to watch.

I used SA80 because i don't really like the OICW/GL, it can be done quicker with a GL i think but anyway i think i did a quite good run with SA80/Nades - ofcourse in perfect situations you can get a better time, but i didn't really feel like doing it 24/7 till i had a perfect round that's unbeatable .

If you're looking for a extremely nicely editted movie then don't download it, hardly any editting. Just a intro, the 04:04 run on Castle Day, and then some funny moments/bloopers.

My Embassy time was 04:46 i believe (SA80 ofcourse). I have a movie of this too, if you like the Castle Day one then i'm willing to upload the Embassy video as well, personally i like the Embassy video more, but it's not 1 video but 2 videos because fraps recorded my whole C drive full (only 36 gb WD Raptor), basicly i used the best of 2 completed runs for that MBC video

For the Castle Day vid:

I used Fraps 2.5.1 and i recorded with 30 fps / with sound on.

You can find the link for the movie here:

http://files.filefront.com/3809713 [ ~150 mb ]

XviD codec: http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe [ 621 kb ]

~~~ if you want your own movie(s) uploaded then create an account on filefront.com and you can submit files yourself, till 350 mb ~~~

Just try it some time, firefight mode vs elite bots (no arcade mode, with threath indicator to avoid searching for the last 1-2 bots )

My times:

04:04 on Castle Day (CD)

04:46 on Embassy (MBC)

hf, another movie coming soon (1-2 months :D)

- Ben

Readme:

Castle Day: done quick

General Information

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Author.............: Ben

Length.............: 05:53

Resolution.........: 640x480

FPS................: 30

Codec..............: XviD

Size...............: 157MB

Music

Crimson Tide.......: Roll Tide (Includes Hymn 'Eternal Father Strong To Save')

Rammstein..........: Engel

Replay (cd.rpf)

Go to your '..\Ghost Recon\Data\Save\' folder and in that folder you should see a 'replay' folder, if not then create one. And then put the cd.rpf file included with this zip in that 'replay' folder.

- Start Ghost Recon and click 'Replays' in the menu.

missionstats.htm is an export file after you finish a mission, it includes all information you see in the AfterAction screen.

Firefight settings

Firefight played with the following relevant settings:

- Elite bots

- Threat Indicator On

- Arcade Mode off

Timelimit and respawns doesn't matter, same for weapon restrictions.

Additional Information

I used 'fraps' with 30 fps and sound on to record everything i saw because replays are really terrible to show some nice kills. Using fraps makes it a lot harder to play though because it doesn't feel smooth anymore and you have to play with 640x480 resolution :).

I created the movie with Sony Vegas 5 and searched for a nice and fitting soundtrack. Later on i also made some footage for a little introduction to the map, in case you don't know it :D.

In the end you see some funny moments / bloopers.

Nothing special when it comes down to effects, just the videos i recorded and some small color adjustments else it was so gray-looking.

Cool, I've heard of Half Life and Hald Life 2 "done quick" movies but thisis the first time I've seen it done with GR. One question - how big was the initial fraps movie (or totalled if it was several takes)? It must have been gigabytes.

The 4:04 CD run is "only" 1.4 gb (1400 mb)

And i also have some other attempts used in the movie (funny moments/bloopers in the end) if i add those too then the whole thing is almost 5 gb.

If you remember that "[sD]" movie Rocky, well that was 35 gb in total :) But it was longer ofcourse in length.

I think Fraps improved a lot or something, because when i used an older version for my Embassy run i did 1-2 months ago i barely got 25 fps without sound, and now i had 30 fps with sound :)

The 4:04 CD run is "only" 1.4 gb (1400 mb)

And i also have some other attempts used in the movie (funny moments/bloopers in the end) if i add those too then the whole thing is almost 5 gb.

If you remember that "[sD]" movie Rocky, well that was 35 gb in total :) But it was longer ofcourse in length.

I think Fraps improved a lot or something, because when i used an older version for my Embassy run i did 1-2 months ago i barely got 25 fps without sound, and now i had 30 fps with sound :)

Yeh every fraps update has some cool enhancements for better recording, it's a cool tool.

PM me if you want to know how to do it, because i can't post it here...

Man, Whiteknight i didn't say anything wrong, no name or link or whatever.

Watch any good fragmovie on own-age.com for example, and you will see wallhack and wireframe and what not in those movies. > MOVIES < not online gaming.

It's basicly the same thing you can do in IGOR, but i tried recording IGOR's screen but it's to laggy and the graphics are below average.

Besides the 1stperson, chasecam and 3rdperson there are 3 more cameraoptions in Ghost Recon, ghostcam, cinemacam and cinematicscam.

Ghost Recon is very limited so if you want to do some new things then you need to try those things like flycheat, but i wasn't the first though :) 2 other GR movies with footage like that in it :)

Edited by Ben

• 2 weeks later...