Defend Yourselves

Chems

I sure am everywhere :devil: Was among the first to get my order of VBS1 shipped too :P

And it's not that strange that a big bunch of the more hardcore GR players have switched over to VBS1, after all it is the best simulator out there at the moment.

Snow

what is there to defend. everyone knows that a large chunk on gr.net regs have come over to the dark side.

Deks......I am your father....

You wouldn't believe the power of the dark side.....

:devil::devil::devil:

@snow - lol...most likely to become a game dev. As the little green man would say.....Much truth in this one me thinks....could be a powerful ally........unless he is taken by the dark side first......

I dont post much(mainly because i feel i dont have much to offer in way of modeling,scripting ect. and the community doesnt like load mouth winers asking when the mod is gonna be released repeatedly when they themdelves dont model or scrpt , not that i havent tried , lol . :wall: ) but ive read alot of the posts here on this forum . I think we were / are getting a little bored with G.R. (i do still play it and download new mods ), as it is getting on in age and alot of the guys wanted a good tactical sim , not convinced G.R.2 would really pan out as what we are looking for . Especially scince the X-Box version wasnt what was envisioned .( hope pc version has more of what we are looking for ) . But when looking for a new game to play alot of the people on this forum have a sense of home here , and so they/ we wanted to keep the camaraderie that have develpoed . I puchased VBS1 with the help of my good friend WP33 , thanks bro :thumbsup:

Cost of VBS1 - $XXX.XX

Cost of current modules $XX.XX

Cost of a damn plethora of future modules that are under development - Priceless. (trust me ;))

MasterCard - When current arcade style tactical FPS just aren't enough....

Odds are, if one lives in the US, he or she won't have any more addons to buy. CTCorp isn't exactly making it easy for the public to buy VBS1. At last word, they still weren't selling ADF2, and they're making up lame excuses about why they can't sell the worldwide USMC pack to the public. Something about 'clearance'. Rubbish, I say. Seventh even confronted CTCorp's rep publicly, albeit very politely, about the matter.

Para, what do you think CT's reticence to release stuff to the North American sector stems from? It seems as if other locales aren't having as many roadblocks thrown in their way. It just is asinine that CT would let an opportunity to really make some good money slip by. Most businesses are out there to make money, and though I am in a restrictive industry myself (my company only sells to folks "in the trade", the pros rather than the general populace), this really is a game, and admittedly from BIA/CT the USMC pack for public consumption is different than the Official version. To me, it makes little sense to allow a limited release of the product for general use and then restrict or disallow extensive additions to an area just because. It'd be like releasing Ghost Recon to Germany and then not letting them buy Desert Siege. Bizzare.

Para, what do you think CT's reticence to release stuff to the North American sector stems from?  It seems as if other locales aren't having as many roadblocks thrown in their way.  It just is asinine that CT would let an opportunity to really make some good money slip by.  Most businesses are out there to make money, and though I am in a restrictive industry myself (my company only sells to folks "in the trade", the pros rather than the general populace), this really is a game, and admittedly from BIA/CT the USMC pack for public consumption is different than the Official version.  To me, it makes little sense to allow a limited release of the product for general use and then restrict or disallow extensive additions to an area just because.  It'd be like releasing Ghost Recon to Germany and then not letting them buy Desert Siege.  Bizzare.

Here's my take on it, based on nothing more than my own conjecture. I think CTCorp is simply not letting its left hand know what its right hand is doing.

Presuming CTCorp is male, i dont think the left hand wants to know what its right hand is up to :o

I dont get it though, are you saying what they are doing is pointless, or is the military customers the left hand and BIA right, or...??

I mean just what I said. I simply don't think CTCorp is letting the two markets (civilian and gov't) know what the other is doing. As to why, you can form your own conclusions.

Its simple, every company wants to make money, and they know there is a market for VBS publically. Even thou the Military wouldnt like it that some guys could get the same training they are having at small unit tactics. I read an article in the paper about how this Sniper guy in iraq whos a bit of a ledgened learnt his skill from manuals off the internet. It was in the Sunday times, I will see if I can find an online version.

:)

Ya know, VBS1 was not developed as a game, never meant to be a game and to keep its appeal now that it has been released to the public should have developement aimed at simulation, not drag it into the game genre.

VBS1 has found a home among the hardcore MP'ers and has attracted the cream of the modding comunities which can only enhance it's developement and usefulnes as a sim and make the MP play about as real as it gets on a PC.

Its tools are not designed for gaming and won't be found on an OFP disc. That is, the After action reveiw and observer moduals, actually most guys and gals that use VBS1 won't use these tools either..

And don't be under any illusion that VBS1 is a mass produced public consumption product, it ain't.

If OFP was encoded and hand burnt per individual customers and official modual releases treated in the same way then the price of OFP may very well be restrictive as well.

If ya want to play games and SP campaigns, then buy OFP its cheaper, if Ya want an MP experience beyond the norm then buy VBS1.

And I might add that the BIA dev team is the most user friendly team of any PC based game or sim that I have ever come across, feedback and participation is second to none and its a pleasure to be part of the community growing around VBS.

I for one want VBS1 to grow as it is, a quality battlefield simulation rather than just another "off the shelf game".

As to the sourgrapes between the OFP and VBS1 comunities, what can I say they are rooted in the same engine and do basically the same things, are modded in the same way, but are aimed at very different customer base's, thats all. Whats the problem, just make ya choice.

CT corps position?, I doubt that there is any secret squirrel or clearence issues associated with the public release of VBS1 or its moduals, more a case of CT protecting vested interest in its market and if you were in business, you'd be doing the same. :o=

Just my two bobs worth.

:)

Ya know, VBS1 was not developed as a game, never meant to be a game and to keep its appeal now that it has been released to the public should have developement aimed at simulation, not drag it into the game genre.

At its core, VBS1 is a game. It is essentially just OFP with a massive facelift, so I have to disagree with you there.

VBS1 has found a home among the hardcore MP'ers and has attracted the cream of the modding comunities which can only enhance it's developement and usefulnes as a sim and make the MP play about as real as it gets on a PC.

No disagreements there.

Its tools are not designed for gaming and won't be found on an  OFP disc. That is, the After action reveiw and observer moduals, actually most guys and gals that use VBS1 won't use these tools either..

True.

And don't be under any illusion that VBS1 is a mass produced public consumption product, it ain't.

If OFP was encoded and hand burnt per individual customers and official modual releases treated in the same way then the price of OFP may very well be restrictive as well.

VBS1 isn't restrictive anywhere but North America. It's not a matter of hand-burning the copies.

If ya want to play games and SP campaigns, then buy OFP its cheaper, if Ya want an MP experience beyond the norm then buy VBS1.

And I might add that the BIA dev team is the most user friendly team of any PC based game or sim that I have ever come across, feedback and participation is second to none and its a pleasure to be part of the community growing around VBS.

Never were truer words spoken.

I for one want VBS1 to grow as it is, a quality battlefield simulation rather than just another "off the shelf game".

Likewise.

As to the sourgrapes between the OFP and VBS1 comunities, what can I say they are rooted in the same engine and do basically the same things, are modded in the same way, but are aimed at very different customer base's, thats all. Whats the problem, just make ya choice.

What are you getting at?

CT corps position?, I doubt that there is any secret squirrel or clearence issues associated with the public release of VBS1 or its moduals, more a case of CT protecting vested interest in its market and if you were in business, you'd be doing the same.  :o=

Well, I agree with you on one thing - I don't think there are really any clearance issues. CTCorp is protecting its interest in the market. However, I would not be doing things like CTCorp is doing things. I'd be doing things like BIA is doing things.

At its core, VBS1 is a game. It is essentially just OFP with a massive facelift, so I have to disagree with you there.

VBS1 used the OFP engine, no disagreement there Para, but it was developed as a sim not a game.

VBS1 isn't restrictive anywhere but North America. It's not a matter of hand-burning the copies.

This is in relation to the price structure of VBS, and I think that if OFP was produced in the same way, OFP's pricing may well be different.

Restrictive only in peoples financial circumstance.

What are you getting at?

Just the whining that goes on in other forums related to OFP, and there's a lot of it, regarding VBS and it's availability price wise.

Well, I agree with you on one thing - I don't think there are really any clearance issues. CTCorp is protecting its interest in the market. However, I would not be doing things like CTCorp is doing things. I'd be doing things like BIA is doing things.

I agree Para, I'm not protecting CT's stance on this, just an observation.

All aside you and I want the same things from VBS mate and that probably goes for all who bought this sim.