BlakOps US Vehicles Pack

blakarion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ lexsis : As usuall, I do these models in a very basic texture - usually Green based. However some of these US vehicles Im also gonna be releasing with a basic "Desert" cammo also.

As always, I encourage you to have a go at your own cammo if you wanna use these Vehicles in your Mod m8 :thumbsup:

@ Jay316 : thanx :rocky: you should see the finished versions - the "fencing" certainly makes it look "different".

Ok, heres the vehicle score to date :

Models done so far :

M35a2 Truck - Basic

M35a2 Truck - Cargo

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered, with Shotgun seats

Hummer - Basic

Hummer - 1 Shotgun seat

Hummer - Basic, 6 man

Hummer - Armed, AutoGL

Hummer - Armed, HMG

Hummer - Armed, Minigun

Hummer - Armed, TOW

M113 - A1 version, 12 troops carried and working ramp

M113 - A3 version, 12 troops carried and working ramp

M901 - I-TOW carrier, 4 troops carried and working ramp

LAV-150 - ST version (also called M1117)

LAV-150 - 90mm Cannon

'Stryker' ICV - with HMG, carrys 9 troops

'Stryker' ICV - with Auto GL, carrys 9 troops

'Stryker' ICV - with anti-RPG 'fence' armour, carrys 9 troops

M2 Bradley - A1 version (early basic vehicle)

M2 Bradley - A2 version (Gulf War version)

M2 Bradley - A2 with TOW Launcher erected

M2 Bradley - A2, "Linebacker" variant

M2 Bradley - A2, F.I.S.T variant

M2 Bradley - A2, with working Ramp and detailed Interior

M2 Bradley - A3 version

M1A1 'Abrams' MBT (Gulf War version)

M1A2 'Abrams' MBT

AH-1Z 'Cobra'

CH-47D 'Chinook'

CH-47D 'Chinook', with working ramp and shotgun seats

UH-60L 'BlackHawk', with working sliding doors and shotgun seats

MV-22 'Osprey'

CV-22 'Osprey' - armed variant

Models in proccess :

LAV-25

LAV-25 ADATS

'Stryker' MGS - 105mm Cannon

Models to be started :

Hummer - Cargo

AAV7A1

M60A3 Tank

M48A5 Tank

M110 203mm SPA

M109A2 155mm 'Paladin' SPA

Models that woudd be nice if time :

'STINGRAY' II Light Tank

MRLS

M500 'Defender' Helicopter

'Kiowa' Scout Helicopter

'Apache' Attack Helicopter

'Comanche' Scout Helicopter

A-10 'Thunderbolt'

C-130 'Hercules'

also there may be a SF Chinook variant ....... which will make a certain person happy :thumbsup:

ANd just to prove Im still working on this Pack, the latest (and last Vehicle Group in this Pack e.g. LAV family of vehicles) vehicle is the M1126 Stryker ICV

Very nice! Only comment is that the driver's vision blocks look a bit tall -- see

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...ker-ICV-003.jpg (I do like the muddy footprints in this picture, nice weathering detail!) and http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...es/icv_0106.jpg

You know, you think I would have remembered that the pic was of an early version, and that the one I have worked on all day - and had burnt into my mind from looking at it for 8 hours - I had redone the wheels as one of the first things I reworked on it. DOOOHHHHHH ! :wall:

Yes the Pic posted had the standard Humvee wheels- my humble apologies, it wasnt the image burnt onto my eyes I thought it was :wall:

One big helping of humble pie for me tonight, waiter :wall:

Here is the pic I thought I had posted :stupid:

stryk2.jpg

:D

and for good measure, here it is with the "Fence" type anti-RPG armour. Please note that this is as good as I can get, the rear end of the fencing is incomplete as I had no ref pics of the rear of this variant. (hint hint :thumbsup: )

stryk_fence.jpg

and for good measure, here it is with the "Fence" type anti-RPG armour. Please note that this is as good as I can get, the rear end of the fencing is incomplete as I had no ref pics of the rear of this variant. (hint hint  :thumbsup: )

Here you go...

stryker_040909a_0mmcnabc.jpg

this makes me almost think of BF 42 with all the riding vehicles.....i bet ya not even the people at UBI could of done this....amazing job man i have to say good job....you should apply for a job at UBI and maybey hint for a GR2 on PC...haha! good work!

Looked at tat when I started the OpFor Vehicle Pack

Unfortunatly the GR gme engine is limited on what it will do conserning Vehicles - and moving a Shotgun point around when the Turret moves ISNT one of them. The Actor remains in the same place and the Turret moves around him. :rofl:

If I could find a Tank etc with a perfect central coupla on its Turret then it would be possible to have ago at this - but at mo, no. :(

its so the rpgs explode before they can penetate the armor and then they just basically dont do anything to the tank

The RPG-7 utilizes a "Shaped Charge" warhead. In this sort of warhead, the shape of the explosive material within the grenade focuses the explosive energy on a copper (or other similar metal) lining. This melts the metal and propels it forward at a high speed. This speed, along with the high temperatures and pressures involved, converts the metal into a narrow, solid jet. The jet's high speed and narrow impact zone allows it to punch through Rolled Homogenous Armour (RHA) used in armoured vehicles including some types of main battle tanks.

Specialty grenades are available for illumination, smoke, CN (tear gas), and white phosphorus. Russia, many former Warsaw Pact nations, and China have developed a fuel-air explosive warhead. Another recent development is a tandem HEAT warhead capable of penetrating composite armor, as well as RPG screens and reactive armor. Accuracy limits the standard RPG-7 to a practical range of 50 m, although it can reach 150 or even 300 m in skilled hands. It has an indirect fire (bombardment) range to 920 m, limited by the 4.5 second self-destruct timer.

There are persistent rumours of laser-guided Israeli RPG-7s accurate to the self-destruct radius. :devil:

ok - thank for Rocky for the bluerb on the News section - I better get this Pack finished ASAP now !! :wacko:

Well, here's the latest model finished - the LAV-25

lav25.jpg

I will also inclue the LAV-Air Defence, LAV-AntiTank and LAV-CnC versions in the Mod, which makes the curent list as follows :

Models done so far :

M35a2 Truck - Basic

M35a2 Truck - Cargo

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered, with Shotgun seats

Hummer - Basic

Hummer - 1 Shotgun seat

Hummer - Basic, 6 man

Hummer - Armed, AutoGL

Hummer - Armed, HMG

Hummer - Armed, Minigun

Hummer - Armed, TOW

M113 - A1 version, 12 troops carried and working ramp

M113 - A3 version, 12 troops carried and working ramp

M901 - I-TOW carrier, 4 troops carried and working ramp

LAV-150 - ST version (also called M1117)

LAV-150 - 90mm Cannon

LAV-25

LAV-25 ADATS

LAV-25 AntiTank

LAV-25 Command

'Stryker' ICV - with HMG, carrys 9 troops

'Stryker' ICV - with Auto GL, carrys 9 troops

'Stryker' ICV - with anti-RPG 'fence' armour, carrys 9 troops

M2 Bradley - A1 version (early basic vehicle)

M2 Bradley - A2 version (Gulf War version)

M2 Bradley - A2 with TOW Launcher erected

M2 Bradley - A2, "Linebacker" variant

M2 Bradley - A2, F.I.S.T variant

M2 Bradley - A2, with working Ramp and detailed Interior

M2 Bradley - A3 version

M48A5 Tank

M60A3 Tank

M1A1 'Abrams' MBT (Gulf War version)

M1A2 'Abrams' MBT

AH-1Z 'Cobra'

CH-47D 'Chinook'

CH-47D 'Chinook', with working ramp and shotgun seats

UH-60L 'BlackHawk', with working sliding doors and shotgun seats

Models in proccess :

'Stryker' MGS - 105mm Cannon

M109A2 155mm 'Paladin' SPA

Models to be started :

Hummer - Cargo

AAV7A1

M110 203mm SPA

So it looks like the US Pack is gonna be approx 44 new Vehicle Models ! About 10 more than I was gonna do for it - oh well ! :wall:

We will have to see what some future Mods may have in them m8 :thumbsup:

BTW I decided to release the CV/MV Ospreys in the the 3rd Pack in keeping with the "Future Vehicles" side of it

Looks like the Third Pack is gonna be a combination of Future Vehicles (10-15) / Allied Vehicles (20 ish) / Misc models (20 ish). About half of all these have already been done, but I will open up another thread about Pack 3 once I get Pack 2 out of the door :thumbsup:

Well, here's the latest model finished - the LAV-25

The 25mm barrel on LAV-25s is noticeably thicker than on the model. In fact it's a long, narrow cone shape.

I will also inclue the LAV-Air Defence, LAV-AntiTank and LAV-CnC versions in the Mod, which makes the curent list as follows :

[snip]

LAV-25 ADATS

ADATs isn't the US LAV-AD, ADATS is the US/Canadian version of the much larger Roland AA missile mounted on a variant of the M-109 howitzer chassis in US service (now withdrawn, I believe).

@ DWG - thanx for the eagle-eyed voice of detail ;)

LA barrrell - Admitidly the pic is not a close in pic, where the barrell IS thicker at the base but the 25 mm barrell doesnt look particularly 'fatter' on the numerous ref pics I have - however I will adjust it slightly for u m8 :thumbsup:

LAV-AD / ADATS - good spot, yes I used the incorrect term there (I knew what I meant, just not what I wrote down :D ). Ayway, that variants proably not gonna appear in the US vehicle Pack anyway - I need to push onto the last few models ASAP - see next comment

@Brandon Kappel - The newest Marine Core Amphib Vehicle (the one the looks like a huge brick, the AAAAAAAVC or something like that) will possibly be in the 3rd Pack (the Allied/Future/Misc Pack - catchy name I think), while the current one (the AAV7A1 I believe its designation is these days) WILL be in th pack (in fact the next vehicle to be done)