BlakOps US Vehicles Pack

blakarion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm....blakarion, I think you should do a patch in the OpFor Pack and include that vehicle. Or put it in the Allied pack, would go nicely with either one. That bad boy is awesome!!!

And you need to do some Canadian tanks for the Allied Pack aswell. ;)

You got lots of work to do, NOW DO IT!!! <cracks whip>

LOL, JK :P

LOL - maybe Im begining to bite off more than can chew. :wall:

The third Vehicle pack will be proably be a mixture of non-US Allied and misc stuff (civvie, stationary weapons, objects etc etc).I dont really know at mo, it depends on what catches my fancy next and/or what people ask for :thumbsup: The 4th Pack will PROABLY be the Future Vehicles.

As always I reserve the right to be wrong :rofl:

I personally would rather see the allied/civvie stuff first. But after the US pack you need to take a LONG break to relax. As much as I hate too I can wait for you vehicles as I know they will be great. ;)

Hey this post just took me to Pointman 3rd class. How time flies when you are playing GR. :P

Edited by BrandonKappel

Ok - its been a while but Ive recently returned to this project (huzzah)

Just completed doing the Bradley for the US Vehicle Pack: ranging from the 'baseline' M2a1 throught the M2a2 (inc a TOW firing version, ERA version, Linebacker, FIST) to the M2a3. All can carry 6 troops without effecting there firing - all come with firing MG and Cannon. :thumbsup:

Here are some pics (not good lighting so please forgive the photos) :

M2a1 front

m2a1front.jpg

M2a1 rear

m2a1rear.jpg

M2a3

m2a3.jpg

As always any feedback gratefully recieved :D

'Stryker' APC - with anti-RPG 'fence' armour

How does the armour work. Does it actually stop RPG rounds? Sounds great.

pi123103a4.jpg

brandonkappel, im not sure how it works, i read that in vietnam, soldiers would place C-ration bags on their tanks, and when an rpg hit it, the c-rations would explode, lowering the damage that the tank would recieve....not sure why it works, but if it does, i have no reason to argue...

:wacko::blink:

Us Brits were doing this when we were out in Northern Ireland back in the eighties. One nickname for the tanks with the "fence armour" was Pig. The tail fins of the RPG rounds wouldn't go through, the gap between the "grid" bits on the armour was too small, thus creating an great defence.

@ Sabre67 : noted, and the tracks / wheels are now in the Origmiss Bradley Track tex :thumbsup:

The model shown was the first version, a few people have given my helpful pointers and these have already been added into the (current) model - this is why I show the Models : so that others can help me improve the tex/models etc :thumbsup:

Us Brits were doing this when we were out in Northern Ireland back in the eighties. One nickname for the tanks with the "fence armour" was Pig. The tail fins of the RPG rounds wouldn't go through, the gap between the "grid" bits on the armour was too small, thus creating an great defence.

It doesn't exactly work by stopping the RPG rounds like Nightmare's reply can lead you to believe, the fins on any RPG in existence ain't sturdy enough to stop the round! What it does is forcing the projectile to detonate behore having contact with the hull of the vehicle, making the jet of molten steel that a shapesharge round generates cool down before it strikes the hull. This effectively lessens the amount of damage the round can inflict.

some more for ya blakarion:

AAAV:

aaav-atr2.jpg

C130 Hercules:

c130_4.jpg

I've been inside one of these babies! they're huge

A-10 Thunderbolt:

a-10-19990422-f-7910d-517.jpg

M109- 155mm SPA

m-109a3-dvic495.jpg

M901 ITOW Carrier:

m901_imgt_027.jpg

OH-58 'Kiowa':

oh-58-DD-SD-00-00977.jpg

Stingray II Tank

http://www.twilightarmouries.ca/AFV/MBT/StingrayMBT.htm

I wouldn't mess with the Tow Vehicle as my old MOS did away with Tow vehicles. The MOS 11H was deleted and we 11M's took over that Job as the BFV 291032.jpg took over the job. But to make that vehicle for retrospect sake...would be cool.

Papa6 : The aim of the Pack is that as many vehicles over the last 20-30 years can be covered, so that people writing Mods that recreate past campaigns as well as current/near future camaigns can find the vehicles they need (hopefully) - plus smaller nations/3rd world nations stil use a lot of the ex-US equipment and vehicles, so wil stil be useful :rofl:

For All : Just cracked how to do doors, ramps etc on Vehicles - so the "Full" Bradley (with working ramp and textured interior for Players to ride in) is almost finished now - pic to come soon :thumbsup:

First time I've heard anyone call a Humber Pig a tank! 1 ton truck with delusions of grandeur might be more to the point.

See http://www.joseph1.demon.co.uk/pgpigturret.htm

As pointed out the fins on an RPG aren't robust enough to stop the warhead (and the stand-off distance isn't great enough, the fuse would have impacted before the fins met the fence, but in any case the main anti-vehicle threat in NI wasn't the RPG-7, which saw very little use, but culvert bombs and 'mortars'. The 'mortar' in question wasn't the 81mm trench mortar everyone thinks of when they hear the term, but a remotely fired improvised device usually hidden in a roadside hedge and fired horizontally as a vehicle passed.

Had a brain wave after I sorted out the M2 Bradley ramp animation.......

and now the UH60L Black Hawk has sliding side doors, which can be opened and closed from inside or outside the helicopter :thumbsup:

closed.jpg

Closed....

open.jpg

and Open !

Im sure the Players can have great fun using them as shields from incoming fire - to open them when YOU want to fire ! :devil:

Anyway - amused me ;)