BlakOps US Vehicles Pack

blakarion.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a brain wave after I sorted out the M2 Bradley ramp animation.......

and now the UH60L Black Hawk has sliding side doors, which can be opened and closed from inside or outside the helicopter  :thumbsup:

Neat, retrofittable to the Mi-8 and Mi-24s?

If u mean : Am I going to add them to the othe Heli models and republish them, no not yet anyway

The more I do vehicles, the more Im learning. At a future point Im sure I will push out a "Update" for the OpFor Pack - just not yet LOL, as I might stumble across something else usefull and would need to retro-fit another set of things - I hate doing Patches :thumbsup:

ok - Bradleys are now finished - as are the doors for the UH60L (and rear ramp on my Chinook :thumbsup: ). Back to the US Vehicle Pack new models : finished about 80 % of the M1 Abrahams (needs turret stuff doing, and the textures tweaking) but heres a shot of the Tank so far :

earlym1.jpg

So, the score so far is :

Models Completed

M2A0 Bradley

M2A2 Bradley - TOW ready

M2A2 Bradley - Working ramp

M2A2 Bradley - ERA

M2A2 Bradley - FIST

M2A2 Bradley - Linebacker

M2A3 Bradley

LAV-150

M35a2 Truck - Basic

M35a2 Truck - Cargo

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered

M35a2 Truck - Uncovered, with Shotgun seats

Hummer - Basic

Hummer - 1 Shotgun seat

Hummer - Basic, 6 man

Hummer - Armed, AutoGL

Hummer - Armed, HMG

Hummer - Armed, Minigun

Hummer - Armed, TOW

AH-1Z 'Cobra'

CH-47D 'Chinook'

CH-47D 'Chinook', with working ramp

UH-60L 'BlackHawk', with working doors

MV-22 'Osprey'

CV-22 'Osprey' - armed variant

Models in proccess :

M1A1 'Abrahams' MBT (also M1A2 variant)

'Stryker' APC

'Stryker' APC - with anti-RPG 'fence' armour

'Stryker' APC - 105mm Cannon

Models to be started :

Hummer - Cargo

M113 - troop carrier

M113 - MG Turret + troop carrier

M901 - I-TOW carrier

LAV-III 'Piranha'

LAV-150 - 90mm Cannon

AAV7A1

M60A3 Tank

M48A5 Tank

M110 203mm SPA

M109A2 155mm 'Paladin' SPA

@ SC : great link - VERY useful m8 :thumbsup:

Heres the latest Vehicle done, a M113a2

baseM113.jpg

I will be re-colouring the texture, but u get the idea. At mo it carrys 9 troops, but wil tweak and see if it can carry the correct number (11, or 12 so it will be 2 full Teams for Scripters :thumbsup: ) The 0.50 is full working, and the rear Ramp works also :D

I know a great M113 model is already avail from El-Oso (in the Frostbite mod), but I needed a base model to do the various variants I will be doing - hence this M113 model. :rofl:

Heres the latest Vehicle done, a M113a2

Not bad at all, but a few things could possibly be tweaked to be better still.

The rear idler is too low, the axle should be almost level with the top of the roadwheels (this does seem to vary with specific model, but of the images in Janes Armour and Artillery most are noticeably higher than that on the model).

Tracks are typically drooped to run along the tops of the roadwheel (though I don't know whether GR will let you model that). Putting the typical skirts on the model would hide it and make it a non-issue.

The glacis angle doesn't look right to me, but that might just be down to the angle of the model in the image.

Most A2s seem to have the external fuel tanks at the rear, but apparently that's an option rather than a definitive part of the vehicle.

Edited by DWG

Going from 3-4 different refrence pics, this is the closest I can get it ( rear wheel is as depicted on the model in them, with the returning track going up in a angle.)

As for the Glasic plate - yep still not sure myself, but it seemed approx about that angle LOL

So what variants do people want to see for the M113 ?

Going from 3-4 different refrence pics, this is the closest I can get it ( rear wheel is as depicted on the model in them, with the returning track going up in a angle.)

As for the Glasic plate - yep still not sure myself, but it seemed approx about that angle LOL

This link might be of help.

globalsecurity.org

Thanx DWG :rofl:

Taking a quick break form Vehicle Moddeling (sort off) to try out some new Static vehicle models for a few people ;)

Will return back to Vehicle (and the M113 variants in particular) after this w/end's LAN party. The LAV/Stryker family will be the next in line for the Old BlakOps treatment :D

And that will be the majorty of the Vehciles done for the US Pack - so might start thinking about a release date soon :whistle:

@lexsis : Approx 2-3 weeks, if not sooner (yea right ;) )

ANd just to prove Im still working on this Pack, the latest (and last Vehicle Group in this Pack e.g. LAV family of vehicles) vehicle is the M1126 Stryker ICV

stry.jpg

At 2001 Polys, its approx 90% finished.

I will be doing a GL equipped CROWS ICV and also the M1128 Stryker Mobile Gun System (MGS). I will also look into doing the Stryker in its wonderful anti-RPG "Fence" armour - depends on Poly limit. Also in the family I will do a LAV-25, with a ADATS variant possibly.