Close Combat: First to Fight

whoa182

God, what a year, first BIA, now this. These were 2 of the 3 tactical games I had high hopes for. Now I have to hold out for GR 3.

I read a post that said the Marines who worked on the game as advisors were not happy with the release, that they had ignored a lot of their suggestions and left stuff out of the game. When are these game devs gonna learn how to make a good game?

God, what a year, first BIA, now this. These were 2 of the 3 tactical games I had high hopes for. Now I have to hold out for GR 3.

Same here.

Only thing I have to look forward to now is GR3 and BF2....

I read a post that said the Marines who worked on the game as advisors were not happy with the release, that they had ignored a lot of their suggestions and left stuff out of the game. When are these game devs gonna learn how to make a good game?

Heard that the Army wasn't too happy with Full Spectrum Warrior either.

I can already imagine what goes on in the developement process....

"Uh excuse me, I make games for a living, I don't need your suggestions. First go make a game of your own and then come back and tell me what to do..."

:P

Same here.

Only thing I have to look forward to now is GR3 and BF2....

Heard that the Army wasn't too happy with Full Spectrum Warrior either.

I can already imagine what goes on in the developement process....

"Uh excuse me, I make games for a living, I don't need your suggestions. First go make a game of your own and then come back and tell me what to do..."

:P

*holds whip behind back*

Excuse me what was that you said? "I said I make games for a living, I don't need your..."

*Lashes stoopid dev in the back with whip...HARD*

"ARGHH!! OMG stop hitting me! OUCHHH!! OMG STOP Im sorry!! ARGHHHHHH MOMMMYYYY" :'(

Justice finally served. :FIREdevil:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

Geuss whenever unreal3 comes out thats when theyll start working on it

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=79389

The team is making the conscious effort to rebuild stronger than before, though, and we don’t expect it to affect our long-term goal of bringing you a 3.0 version in 2006.

AA is heading toward a game that includes features unlike any we've had so far. It starts with Strykers and (probably) some bot AI to make for competitive-only multiplayer games, and ends with 3.0, a veritable fundamental change in game play that supports player interaction in ways other than at the end of a gun barrel. Graphics are likely to change most dramatically on 3.0, because that's when we intend to shift to Unreal Engine 3.

Well that would be a matter of opinion, I think swat4 walking was to slow, then when you run, it was to fast. Didnt really like the AI either. They would either walk into a room and get shot and kill the person.

• 3 weeks later...

I have close combat: first to fight. I've done pretty good at the recruit level :whistle: . But it's somewhat like full spectrum warrior except that you take a first person role as a leader of a four man marine corps fire team.

You can call in airstrikes on machinegun nests, bunkers etc. you only get so many uses of these assets so use them wisely. AI is good. I can take out a machinegun nest and order my guys to man these machineguns for counter attacks or I can use them as well.

there's alot of swat4 style play...ordering baddies to drop weapons and handcuffing them up. so much to write about.

I'm simple minded for my aging self and like the authenticity of it. makes full spectrum warrior look like sesame street.

Scenario: I was at a door, I right-moused the door and ordered "takedown and frag" and when the icon for opening the door came up, I hit spacebar , the door opened and they opened and fragged the baddies.. fun. the guys in your team cover the usual 12, 3,6,9 positions for security and they are AI to cover and suppress when ordered to or not nicely.

Edited by Papa6

I have CC:FtF2 also and while it is by no means an outstanding game there is enough goodness in it to keep me playing. There are occassional very good moments which are unfortunately highlighted by some really terible moments. The AI are sometimes amazing, only to follow it up with something really stupid. Overall I'd say it's worth a look if there's nothing better aorund at the time, and you can find it cheap on eBay.

I have the game sitting here on my desk unopened. Just wanted to make sure I bought a computer game and not another console port like BIA before I open it. I need something to tide me over until GR3 besides Vietcong.

1 word...

..port...

I put mine back in the box and am gunna sell it, along with my rvs and athena sword, and no you cant lay down and lean. The char will only lean in standing or crouch position.

Edited by GRT

Ya the game is definately not a 10.0 .

Its more like a 7.5 or a 8.0

Don't get me wrong.  Its a good game.  And possibly a great game with some bug fixes.  But even so its definately not a GR replacement. 

Here are my complaints.

1.  Graphics render so that you feel claustrophobic.  It creates too much of a tunnel vision feel. 

2. MP only supports 8.  Yes eight players 4 vs 4.  At first I was told it would support 16 but geez only 8?  Despite their reasons for 8 players its still only .......8. :|

3. server controls too simplistic.  Not much there to explain.  Its just leaves out too many options.

4. Other minor bug issues that patches could fix.

OK now with what I DO like:

1. Best CQB for computer AI I've seen yet.  Beats ravenshield's CQB hands down. 

2. Weapons aren't too shabby.

3. Coop is fun.  I guess thats point of game READY TEAM FIRE ASSIST  (coop in mp supports 4 players only)

4.  Game is fun

Your right this game is a love it or hate it type.  Ya gotta be willing to spend the 40 bucks.  40 bucks isnt bad though for a new game. 

I just started playing it. Stalker_Zero's comments are right on par. The game would be funner if it had some larger and different maps ala Ghost Recon. I'm not a huge fan of close quarters games (Raven Shield, SWAT4, etc), but this one is not bad. Needs more than 5 or so all-urban locales. Its pretty fun if you play it in simulation mode, otherwise its quite rudimentary. There is an update patch available, but I haven't applied it yet. Maybe it will fix some of the sound issues.

I would have liked to see a lot more physics other that ragdoll, and better grenade control (like in Call of Duty). However, the muzzle flash, tracers and sounds are great.

It does have a different "feel" to it. Probably because I think we've come to expect more from a game these days. It feels a little "static." And the enemy vocabulary consists of the same 5 or so sentences over and over. Reminded me of "Durka Durka" from Team America:World Police.

But it can be really fun. I like how the enemy sneaks up behind you. You really need to watch your a** in this game. Its definitely something to tide me over until something better comes along. Unfortunately, nothing upcoming really looks that good (Besides S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and that is so delayed now it's looking like Half-life 2. And its not really a militay sim).

When will someone make a killer military FPS with the Half-life 2 engine !!?? Or even the Far Cry engine? (no, not Counterstrike)