Obsidian Edge - a mod for FarCry

ruggbutt

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, i think the beta release has swamp airfield, and one other one (cant remember the name)

then again i think it best for rugg to chime in as i dont run the release version.

btw, hypathetically speaking (very hypatheticly speaking) what features/abilities would you guys want in a SP mission set up menu, and in an ingame Command map?

im just experamenting again rugg. I investigated the use of the FC Gui system for the use of a SP command map. Making the Download functions was a lot of "fun" but the polish up stuff gets way to boring so i took a few hours break.

it turns out (as far as i can see) the the FC gui system doesnt allow for images to be moved around like i do in our Grid maps. with maps this size its just an important feature.

so i checked out what i could do manually. it looks like it can be done by creating a custom GUI system from the base HUD functionality. of coarse thats a lot of ground work since it would be from the ground up. (on mouse over, on focus ect..)

i have a few other experaments to focus on before i move to playing around again. there has been new light shed on previous design concepts that 'may' make them implamentable.

but 'if' i where to experament with creating the framework for an in game SP full functioning command map (as a proof of concept) i would want to know what people want in one. That way i can make "just" whats needed.

i got to say i got to finally play the pre release version of it.

I Havent played with anything a lot of that stuff u guys put in yet.

but its nice looks great

Edited by Prozac360