Obsidian Edge - a mod for FarCry

ruggbutt

"They never got in contact?"

Wll thing is I am a "bit" out of the loop. Ive been very busy the last 4 or so months and don't get a chance to talk to the guys often. It may sound odd but i normally hear about things the same time you do.

Currently I am just trying to get one last feature working. Then im moving towards my next project. I would love to continue to work on OE but going back to school has ment I have to shift my focus. Ill definatly still play (like i actually get to play any games at all any more), but i need to work on projects that are more ground up so that i can aquire more well rounded experience.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bizzare, when my stuff was in PCgamer we had a lot of contact with them, and had to give them a lot of stuff, but it was a feature not a download. So probably they dont need to get in contact for that.

Just the maps, new weapons and skins alone, are worth the download, and the $15 I paid for the FC game.

The fact that this mod adds a more realistic control and feeling to the stock FC gameplay, plus adds new team based gametypes is what makes it's a completely unique experience.

For those who are just looking for single player mode, the SP in stock FarCry will give you many hours of challenges, plus you get to tryout this tremendous mod as a bonus.

And if anyone is looking for something else to play on FC before the full OE is released, I strongly recommend the Matto mods. They aren't really any more realistic than the normal FC missions but the enviroments are great to look at and fun to play through. There are some new weapons too. :)

There are 3 matto mods. The 1st one is good but the 3rd one is the best IMO. I couldn't get the 2nd one to work on my PC but it does look very good too.

Site

Looks like there's gonna be a Matto4. :D

sp-matto2.jpg

Is OE still expected on Aug 1st? :D

Edited by Recon

We still hope so. PZ has been busy on his end, as has Slack-Jaw w/some of the animations. It's 99% complete so if not the first not much after the first. We'd prefer to release w/out having to patch the mod after the fact.......

We're not UBI. ;)

After mucking around for several weeks w/BF2 I found out how much I missed OE. Last nite I shot 13 gigs of Fraps footage for the full release trailer. I'll probably shoot another 20 or so as I intend to show everything related to the mod. The server GUI, features of the game, third person gameplay, first person gameplay, nightvision and (last but not least) the damage spin when you're struck by a projectile.

Edited by ruggbutt

And if anyone is looking for something else to play on FC before the full OE is released, I strongly reccomend the Matto mods. They aren't really any more realistic than the normal FC missions but the enviroments are great to look at and fun to play through. There are some new weapons too. :)

There are 3 matto mods. The 1st one is good but the 3rd one is the best IMO. I couldn't get the 2nd one to work on my PC but it does look very good too.

Dammit Recon - nice heads-up! That is one awesome mod. You should start a new thread about it. As soon as you see that intro movie you know you're in for somethin' special :rocky:

PS: Apologies in advance to Rugbutt et al - I have no intention to hijack this thread. I've said it before I know, but OE is more than worth the entry fee of buying FarCry :thumbsup:

negative... crytek has a shader that i am working on now

i had it working but then 3dsm crashed and deleted my uv map

its beeing fine tuned now setting it up for animations for slack jaw to do

Edited by Prozac360

All the great talk on GhostRecon.net about Far Cry persuaded me to download the demonstrative version of Far Cry and give it a chance.

I like what I see in the Far Cry engine. I am not much on the demo mission, but I know Ghost Recon missions can put into Far Cry by modders. (Or can it?)

I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer:

1) Are the weapon settings able to be easily modified in Far Cry?

2) How are single player options? (Anything like Ghost Recon single player settings?)

3) Is there a command map like the Ghost Recon command map that can be implemented into Far Cry?

Edited by Militiaman

1. If you know your way around .lua, yes they are. Modifications have to be done to server and client code.

2. In vanilla FC the single player game if fantastic. The AI is smart, they will try to flank you.

3. There is in OE. Suli implemented this, and the map scrolls as you move about.

Hello, MM

to number 3, there are not command maps in the original far cry. What we call Command Maps for OE are really grid maps ( to be more actuarate) . The choice was made to allow the player to still remain mobile even if the map is up.

The other method that was available was to make the map a menu. The upside is the menu will be interactive, and allow you to send out "commands" and the other features we all loved so much from GR. The down side is, that you must exit the menu before being able to move your soldier again.

If the Menu method is used, it is entirerly possible to create a Command Map.

with the right coding a player should even be able to add way points, ect..

Suli

well, jack i hope your still modding.

we need the good guys to delute the pool of this new breed of modders out there.

and i have good news, OE now has a nice new feature just "finished" that will make MP a little nicer.

:devil:

the hint is...

they said it couldnt be done in far cry but it has been done and it is good (well 99%good)

Edited by Suli