Obsidian Edge - a mod for FarCry

ruggbutt

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've added 7 new models and removed one, the OICW. I haven't had time to make screens for the MP5 (not silenced), Mk23 and silenced Beretta 92.

We originally started w/2 new gametypes (LMS, VIP) and recently added Domination. There may be a patch w/a new gametype at a later date. Since that's all code it depends on Soroc and Suli whether we get those....................

Edited by ruggbutt

I have a the full copy of OE, but originally when I got hooked up I didnt have a legal copy of Far Cry, hence no MP for me, but I have picked it up legally since (luckly I could just pull my game files over) one was on an old HD you see.

My offer definatly still stands to the OE team, now days I have lots of free time, Id be really intrested in doing you some dedicated character models if you wanted. The weapons look great, nice models and Prozacs textures are very nice.

Edit: Definatly one of the best M8 Textures about.

Edited by Chems

It's up to you Chems, you have access to the mod team section on the site. You've had it for quite a while! ;) The difficult part will be the animations, as I'm told there are close to 100 of them for each m/p and s/p player model.

You'd have pretty much free reign w/the models.

Let me know if you want a copy of the pre-release of the public final. We're testing it now just to make sure..............................You'll need the FTP login and pass.

Edited by ruggbutt

POW Camp, WIP (work in progress)

The dimensions are true to the GR ones. These are all from the Sandbox editor. PCP spent months on the buildings, and Soroc is doing the terrain and foliage. The trees will be in the same spots too. These are all shots taken in the map editor. Soroc doesn't map in the dark, so he'll be changing the atmospherics last.

Pow_Camp01.jpg

Pow_Camp02.jpg

Pow_Camp03.jpg

cerebrus protocol or somthing ... hard mod i belive is working on some .... dont know about any others thoe

character modeling is probly the most complexed part of moddding farcry (from what others have said on the hard mod) So have fun at it .. the weapon importing gave me enough trouble

Edited by Prozac360

BTW Chems, we had some issues when transferring the OE site from the .com to the .net addy. If you're serious about your offer then just sign up another account, as we lost quite a few during the "crash". I'll give you full access to the Mod Team and Beta sections.

Nice video ruggbutt - very nice. Makes me want to play, I hope that at some point an SP component makes it in.

:thumbsup:

To all modders and their families (esp)

If you folks don't help Ruggbutt in creating a SP game, in the words of Marcel Wallace of Pulp Fiction, the movie: ""

I'm gonna get medievial on your a**! :o=:o=

Saw the movie Ruggbutt, excellent choice of song.

The waterfall, the rivers, lush greenery, and night mode never look so good. These maps must be hell to play on NV mode. I don't know how many times I've fallen on my face while running around with NV googles on, so I know this will be a lot of hoot playing around.

Great choice of weapons too.

Since this IS a FC Crytek Engine...can we ran over someone with that Hummer? PLEASE! (EVIL GRIN :devil: )

To all modders and their families (esp)

If you folks don't help Ruggbutt in creating a SP game, in the words of Marcel Wallace of Pulp Fiction, the movie: ""

I'm gonna get medievial on your a**! :o=  :o=

Some of us got declined for 'unpolished' work. :whistle:

We need someone to program s/p missions, we have plenty of weapon models. And since the C++ SDK will be released "publicly" soon, coop is right around the corner.

I'm gonna muck around in Sandbox, I'm minorly competent w/it so I'll see if I can't start w/some s/p stuff.

Edited by ruggbutt

"I'm minorly competent "

:rofl:

sorry but i had to, at least it came from me.

I would look very forward to an SP component, and that is definatly "doable" since you can assign AI to be friendly, and you can give them "orders".

the question is with out character rescources it would take a mighty crafty scripter to come up with a campaign that would use the stock assests.

SP can be done, and the Grid Maps in OE can be modified into a menu (was originally an option, but i wanted players to be able to move while looking) that a player could use to give waypoint commands.

For SP all the "commands" that can be sent via the "commander' AI can be sent to you squad mates AI with relitive ease. The real difficulty would be custom orders.

They never got in contact? I think it was actually on the DVD. Im not sure thou. Im sure some forum members buy the magazine, the same edition featured the mod that Marcinkio worked on for BF1942 and included his Car15 model in game.