Animated Avatars with Photoshop

Cobblers

How can I make an animated avatar with photoshop, along the same lines as the one Dan did me. (See left.)

I ask, as I managed to make the following sig using an online tutorial. I got it from HERE?

doc

I thought I'd try and make an animated avatar to go with it, possibly spelling his name out.

thats easy i have done loads of em, you need adobe image ready. Then you need to open a move file.. clicking file and open... The movie must be a quicktime movie or a mpeg movie only.. Sorry no others will work .....

When you see the movie in the options screenyou can play the movie.. Make sure you select the selected region only then you can drag the mouse on the time line..

I cant figure out how to put em on a sig yet... I will show some avatars soon.. :thumbsup:

What mpegs? Movies what?

Your out of your mind boy!!

Cobbs. Your using PS yeees? Well at the bottom of the tool box there is a big button with the PS logo on it. CLick it, and it will pen your image in Adobe Image Ready. It will show u frames, and what layers look like in each one. Go from there. You have my MSN, let me know if u need some more......one on one help :P

Cheers Dan, I'll need it I'm sure.

And yes, I'm using Photoshop. Superb program, it's hard to get used to at the beginning, but getting the more I'm using it the better I'm becoming.

Some people might think this is natural, but I'm normally crap at this type of thing, so I'm pleasently surprised.

What mpegs? Movies what?

Your out of your mind boy!!

Cobbs. Your using PS yeees? Well at the bottom of the tool box there is a big button with the PS logo on it. CLick it, and it will pen your image in Adobe Image Ready. It will show u frames, and what layers look like in each one. Go from there. You have my MSN, let me know if u need some more......one on one help :P

Both ways are right. Movies can be imported if necessary.

Does this sound right to you guys, after jumping to Photoshop after image ready i simply save my layers as a .gif, but i only have the CompuServe GIF (*.GIF) offered in my pull down menu. i assume its the same thing since i know there is some kind of weird copyright/license thing surrounding the .gif format. Here’s the thing... my gif wont animate! I get I weird error message in image ready constantly, stating an unnamed error has occurred, but all seems to work fine. Any suggestions?

i dont know how to di it properly actually, all i do is open a preview in browser (button on the tool box, usually internet explorer "e") Then right click and save that image. Not pretty, but it works! :P

@dan, i'm not sure i know what your talking about dude.

Ok so we are using imageready. In the main tool box, where all the brushes and selction tools are etc is a button that is usually the Internet Explorer 'e'. Click that, and it opens IE and displayus the gif, running, with info about it. File size, dimensions and some HTML gobbledigook.

If you right click on your gif in this IE window, as if it was a pic u found on the web, you can save it.