Ghost Recon.net Forums

CHEAT FREE GAMING LEAGUE research

Hello everyone,

let me introduce myself, my name is David, am 30 years old and am passionated by online multiplayer tactical video games. I have been playing GR pretty much since the demo came out and still playing it today but not as often as i use to do which was everyday.

The reason why i dont play it that much anymore is probably the same as many of u have which is Cheaters that ruins the competition for us all passionated league gamers.

Now what do u think of the following;

A Gaming league that doesnt tolerate cheating in any form it could be, Cheats, hax, corrupt admins, fake reports, fake clans, etc...

A league that doesnt give a stupid second chance to cheaters.

A professional managment structure and League Staff.

Impossibility for users to create multiple accounts, this to avoid returning cheaters.

Constant professional devlopment of the leagues.

Wide control panel for admins and league-ladder managing.

Season tournaments with real prizes, Yearly Tournament for the League Cup (Big event with real prizes)

The certainty to play in a fair environment where u can trust your opponent for a fair and clean match.

Professional match review process.

Solidarity between clans and players, bad behaviors and disrespect will never be allowed.

A standalone service with chat lobbies for each supported game to pick up matches on the fly with loads of features;

*Ad-free gaming lobbies

*Basic forum within each chat lobby

*League helpdesks

*Unlimited buddylist

*Private messaging

*Locate player within the Chatnetwork by name even if he's not in the same room

*Ignore player function

*File transfer between players

*Voice chat between 2 players

*Voice chat conference allowing all members in chat to use voice

*Video chat (high definition)

*Built in internet browser

*Register your own Clan chat lobby

*E-mail account per user

*50 mb free webspace offering PHP, SSI, mySQL databases and CGI support.

*Powerfull translation tool (very usefull within an international based community)

*Play ur favorite music in background

*Easely apply new skins to the chat service (create your own or use skins made by community members)

*And more...

I want gaming clans to be convinced that they finally play in a league where they can be sure that admins wont have any toleration for unfair gamers or disturbing players that have no respect for their opponents starting to call out names or showing unappropriate behavior, creating a stress atmosphere within the community.

I want this league to be led in all integrity and no favoritism at all, leaving no one the doubt or insecurity towards admins and clans.

I want to make sure that once a person has been banned of the league system he will remain banned!

Proces for this is already in devlopment.

It is my goal to provide a good and strong league service to bring online gaming competition to a level of professionalism leading to big events bringing international elite clans to fight for the title.

It's my goal to provide gamers and clans an environment to have a real enjoyable time when they gather together for a ladder match with no doubt of playing and competing against a fair clan and congratulating their opponent regardless what the outcome of the encounter was.

It is my goal to award professional league admins and co-workers, designers, devlopers in any way possible, wether it is by paying them as soon as possible or alternativly to sharpen their motivation to keep managing their position and fuction with high professionalism.

I will ask a yearly fee of about 10 € or 10 to 15$/year for account creation and maintainance on the leaguesystem to provide funds for further league devlopment, Staff rewarding, tournament prizes etc...

What do u all think about this ? Is this what u've been waiting for ?

This service is ment to grow untill we can reach a level where the league cup will be played on location, and will be internationally broadcasted over internet and television and will be as popular as sport events within the big online gaming factory.

Sincerily, BigBrotherCares.

p.s.: Anyone interested in being a member of devlopment staff is welcome pm me.

any skill field is welcome.

You'll need a f**n great server with a [censored] fast connection.

Voice chat, filetransfer, messages, boards... to do this you'll need to put from your pocket some money. I won't even count webmasters work for creating site.

Hosting websites ain't a good idea. If server admin ain't good then someone can easily hack direct database and site [especially accounts that someone payed for it].

15$ for registration? You'll eliminate most of players because of it.

We can't get 20$ to register a domain for clan and 10 ppl are giving money and you want to have 15$/man o_O

100% sure that only reach ppl will register on.

About cheats - you can believe me... finding cheaters ain't so easy - ask Ben.

Edited by KeeKee

Indeed, infact GR2 is the game that made me want to start this project :) , after playing GR since the demo and being so addicted to it because gr demands a real strategic and teambased gameplay which creates a high level of competition, i always wanted GR to be considered a serious league game.

Many leagues and ladders offer competition and few r those that tends to create an enjoyable environment but fails in this because they have no control on the cheating aspect that comes with online gaming.

I have been an admin myself for few months and i realized how hard it was to keep banned players away.

It is the hardest task for admins to keep a league cheatfree and protect the community from them to keep the leagues a place for serious gamers that takes competition seriously.

I hear many times players saying "hey it's only a game, get over it, those cheaters will always be there", u know the usual...

Well GR is a game indeed like any other game (exept GR like AA have put the standards high regarding realism and tacsism) or any sport u can play for fun but when it come to league and ladder competition, it is no more a game to me.

A league is a place where people compete for a title, where clans train hard sometimes to elaborate good teamplay and strategy, it is a place to challenge an opponent and fight a hard battle, it is a place where u want ur teammates to be proud of u, it is a place when the tension gets so high that u feel your heart bouncing in your throat, where your hands shakes, where cold swet breaks out, where a victory means something.

Some people does not understand this, i find this sad really. People that start playing this game and obviously are noob at this game because they don't know the game and maps by heart, they don't know the strategic possibilities on the maps, they feel frustrated or perhaps think their opponent cheats or for whatever other stupid reason starts to use some poor cheats. What does this mean ? It means that they become leet overnight while u trained so hard to refine your skills, u played like over thousend games to get there, u devlopped an intuition for that game, u rely on your experience to make the best out of it, and just because a cheater use names, he just throw all your hard work in the bin like a vulgar piece of garbage.

Cheats put aside, u have another kind of gamers, the one that does not know what respect is, the one that uses bashing and cussing, trying to make as much fun out of anyone, the kind of gamer that is very disruptive and creates a stressfull atmosphere very often. In short, the kind of player that is expandable.

We all know admins tends to do their best to prevent and deal with this kind of issues, but unfortunatly, as hard and as much work and effort they put into this, those disruptive people always comeback or new ones will come and it's an endless cycle of frustrating matters that piles up and that finally breaks down an admin. It's only a matter of time for an admin untill he cant bare with it anymore to see how his efforts turn out to be pretty much useless and makes him quit his once so wonderfull and dedicated job.

It's time to change this and admins should feel their work is worth more then just catching a cheater now and then, knowing very well that player can comeback anytime with a new account. I am working on this, as i want the term "leagues" to stand for something so it gets it's full meaning on every aspect of it. For players and for Admins.

Sincerily, BigBrotherCares.

You'll need a f**n great server with a [censored] fast connection.

Voice chat, filetransfer, messages, boards... to do this you'll need to put from your pocket some money. I won't even count webmasters work for creating site.

Hosting websites ain't a good idea. If server admin ain't good then someone can easily hack direct database and site [especially accounts that someone payed for it].

15$ for registration? You'll eliminate most of players because of it.

We can't get 20$ to register a domain for clan and 10 ppl are giving money and you want to have 15$/man o_O

100% sure that only reach ppl will register on.

About cheats - you can believe me... finding cheaters ain't so easy - ask Ben.

True, all of this cost money.

Chat server is already running with all the features mentioned.

League scripts are pretty much in devlopment.

Security is a must indeed and will be taken cautious care of.

U probably cant get the money for your domain registration because maybe your clan members don't know how long they gonna stay with your clan and therefor dont want to spend the money to something they arnt sure of ?

A full year at this service ment for serious league competition and enjoyable environment, dealing with cheaters on a permanent base with rich features, real prizes for tournaments and constantly updating for the pleasure of it's community.

U find 15$ too much? With all due respect, u got to be kidding right ?

How much cost a yearly membership to exerce a sport as a hobby in any area for that matter? How much does your equipment cost that goes with that?

I could go on with this but i'm sure u get my point, none is forced to compete at this service, there are plenty of gaming leagues to play at, it's up to u if u want to spend some money on a league with a professional managment and professional gaming environment where only true skill will be the key to victory and award.

U probably cant get the money for your domain registration because maybe your clan members don't know how long they gonna stay with your clan and therefor dont want to spend the money to something they arnt sure of ?
We are sure we can handle for next 2 years, but not every member has got his own money. But anyway u didn't get my point. Some ppl can give 150$ and some can't have those 15$. Not everyone has got good life-profits ^^

U find 15$ too much? With all due respect, u got to be kidding right ?

How much cost a yearly membership to exerce a sport as a hobby in any area for that matter? How much does your equipment cost that goes with that?

I could go on with this but i'm sure u get my point, none is forced to compete at this service, there are plenty of gaming leagues to play at, it's up to u if u want to spend some money on a league with a professional managment and professional gaming environment where only true skill will be the key to victory and award.

I understand your point of view. Trully I don't think those 15$ are enough to launch all it up but keep trying if you have time :-)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=40...42&m=4181072072

http://www.ghostrecontwo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1955

It's not gonna be ip based or email based or hunting down any new accounts created, no this time it's gonna be effective and theres no way for hackers to get passed this.

One again very bold, however how do you propose accomplishing this?

After all if you incite people into paying for a service you have to disclose by which methods you intend on delivering this very service. As far as hackers not finding a way, well, unfortunately, they always do. If there was in fact a way to prevent them from doing so someone somewhere would be quite rich right about now.

As mentioned by Rugg the only legal ways to currently do this within North America is by either IP or Guid.

Let's say there will be an agreement between League and players, apart from that i cant release any info on that subject except the fact that it is one of the main concerns of the league.

And obviously the less hackers know about how that will be handled, the better security will be kept.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AnGus:

One again very bold, however how do you propose accomplishing this?

After all if you incite people into paying for a service you have to disclose by which methods you intend on delivering this very service. As far as hackers not finding a way, well, unfortunately, they always do. If there was in fact a way to prevent them from doing so someone somewhere would be quite rich right about now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If u want to enjoy a good meal and u know 2 restaurants that offers the same meal but at one of those 2 restaurants it just tastes better and u go for that last one.

U don't know why it tastes better, still u made your choice. Did u ask for the recipe? Do u think u'll get if u asked ? Will u go back at that restaurant even if u didn't had the recipe ?

However, Global service methods, terms of service, end user license agreement, Privacy, FAQ., will be richly detailed in order to be as complete as possible and hopefully will answer all the questions u may have in mind.

As for hackers, well i'm sorry, they simply wont have anything to hack :s so u don't have to be worried about them

Edited by BigBrotherCares
And obviously the less hackers know about how that will be handled, the better security will be kept.
Nothing new will be arranged to kick hackers. In GR it'll be some replays and programs which helps detecting aimbots. Don't think you'll manage something other to catch them up :/

As for hackers, well i'm sorry, they simply wont have anything to hack :s so u don't have to be worried about them
They can hack whatever they awant, starting with server [like Apache], database etc. etc. and all can be done because of "known" bugs, filetransfer over web [if you won't control it or restrict some files]. I could write about security all the time but it's useless. I know how ClanBase was feeling when someone used mysql "known" bug in their search "engines".

I just don't think your idea of this league can handle it at all... as i said keep on trying and let us know how it's going.

There have been many people stating that they will be creating a laddr/league that will bring something different to GR, so I am a little sceptical. But it sounds great, I will certainly keep checking back to see how things go.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

I must echo Cobbler's statement. I wish You the best of Luck in Your Endeavours on behalf of this Initiative and I will Indeed keep an eye as will others on the League's Creation, Formation, and Administration under the conditons that You've already specified above.

;)

Respectfully,

• 3 months later...

Hello again,

It was not easy for me as i had practicly no knowledge at all about php when i first started and i am the only developer at the moment but finally everything starts to get in place as u will see.

What is the Pro-GamingLeagues ?

Well, it's gonna be a lot of things really and it's futur is to become a massive community with as main intrest and department, " Online Gaming Competition & Tournaments " with as main filosophy " True Competition - Fairplay & Respect ". This department u can find by following the "Leagues" link under the main navigation menu, but is not open yet to registration and is separate from the other departments.

I like to announce forward that our Gaming Systems have a unique registration and ban procedure that will put an end to the multiple account creation often exploited by disruptive and cheating individuals that have brought so many gaming leagues to end as a big joke and an unfair competition environment. More info on this will be released moment is appropriate.

Besides of that main community department, we also have other intrest departments such as: News from the Gaming Industry, Game Reviews & Previews, Interviews with game developers and so much more other aspects of that area.

Another department will be the WebDesign community on which u will find a flood of information, tutorials and examples to help u build that great clan site u always wanted to make or learn how to make awesome graphics with popular programs such as Photoshop etc etc... U will also be able to post artwork made by u for others to rate and enjoy your design skills.

If u are just looking for some stuff, then the Entertainment department will be the place to be. U will find a lot of fun files and stories and comics posted by the community itself aswell as legal archived music files to listen at and mostlikely our own radio station and a lot more...

Finally if things work out, we will have our own Shop where u will find all kinds of goodies and items regarding our Community and the Gaming Industry.

New departments might be created in the futur (even in a near futur) depending on the demands and for this community it's enjoyment.

I hope everyone will enjoy this new community which is ready to accept new members but we are currently still working on the gaming scripts and we need staff to manage all this great new adventure.

Here is the link http://www.Pro-GamingLeagues.com

Sincerely -TacT-X- allias BigBrotherCares.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to come by and drop a few lines to give u all an update about www.Pro-GamingLeagues.com.

By now we have a higly advanced signup form for the gaming ladders department and also a first version of our first Anti-Cheat solution, PGL Match Sneaker.

We will be testing our AC next friday-saturday to check if the program runs fine on any client pc.

This anti-cheat solutions works for any game as it's main purpose is to take screenshots during a match game at random time intervals afterwhat they will all be sent to our webservers where U, the players, will have acces to this saved files in order to check if there was use of any visually detectable cheat by any player.

This Ac is ment to be a tool for the community to ensure that fairplay will be preserved.

This is only the first approach by the PGL and there will be much more in near futur to help preserve a fair environment for all passionated gamers to compete at.

If u want to keep updated with our developments or plans, u are welcome to create a community account at the www.Pro-GamingLeagues.com.

Also if u would like to be part of the beta testing group for our new anti cheat, u can and must create an account with the gaming leagues department.

We are also currently improving our ladders scripts to have more flexibility on how to setup ladders and gametypes or scorings.

U can already signup if u wish and play ladder games for Battlefield 2 or Ghost Recon to get familiar with our leagues system and we'll be opening few other games soon.

Pro-GamingLeagues is not just another gaming league that popped out suddenly and will die soon, no not at all. This new league will stand and last and we hope to see u there soon if u want to participate in what i like to believe is a new day for Gaming leagues in general.

The PGL needs many admins for various functions on our organisation, so if u want to apply for a job at the PGL who has a great futur ahead, u are more then welcome and your help at the PGL will be profitable for u as it's also our goal to reward our staff as soon as our situation permits it.

Sincerely, -TacT-X-