My beloved country

BlueRose_76

there are so many things wrong with everything in that CNN guy said. He grouped all Dutch people together, assuming they all think/feel the same way. He plays up the stereotypes and downplays everything else. It's all measured by an equally arbitrary standard. <_<

Edited by JTF-2

What a piece of B########!!!!

This really makes me angry, everything he says is not true and he even contradicts himself about the babies being killed. in the story he says our goverment allowed it for babies who are terminally ill, lots of pain and with no prospect of life and that is exactly what is going on, we are not killing babies because they have a big nose or something.

talk about your close minded news agency!! :angry:

And the comment about we are going to do the same as the Nazi's did to Anne Frank is a direct blow in the face of all who have fought and died to free our nation of the german occupation in WWII.

Writing an email to Foxnews right now, a really angry one! :devil::devil:

edit: email sent and while writing it, it reminded me of a documentary shown here in Holland around the time of the US elections about Foxnews and its newscoverage of president Bush and their biased stories. They had a family member of one of victims of 9/11 on who was against the Iraq war, within 2 minutes the newsguy started shouting and calling him a non-american and communist and killed the interview. News must always be objective, not this crap.

Edited by swartsz

I'd rather watch Fox News the CNN, but that's just stupid. As if they couldn't come up with a better story then that, they just downplay Dutch people as being baby killers, playing to an unfair stereotype\predjudice. Congratulations Fox, and to think they're talking about how wrong the nazis were . . . Who's the racist now? :(

Fox News is very prejudice about a lot of things.

If you don't believe in Jesus you're damned.

I've seen earlier statements from them that are just as short-sighted.

I relate this kind of stigmatizing to muslim extremists: you're either on their side (the right side according to them) or you're not.

Both simply can't accept other people having different opinions.

It's this kind of "communities" that are a menace to the world.

If you want stupid predjudice, come to Utah. I just got told by a cop that I can't wear red shoe laces in my 14 eye leather boots because it's associated with nazis. And then he put me on his sh!t list as being a potential nazi. What an ass. First he accuses me of being a nazi, tells me I can't wear my favorite laces, and is now going to report me as being a white supremicist down at the station. Fabulous.

If you want stupid predjudice, come to Utah.  I just got told by a cop that I can't wear red shoe laces in my 14 eye leather boots because it's associated with nazis.

:o Seems to me that this "policeman" is carrying his power to maintain peace, a tad too far....

Fox News is as biased for Conservatives as CNN/MSNBC/CBS is for Liberals. I've seen way more crap come out of the latter then Fox News, it's just your perspective.

Our recent AWB sunsetting is a good demonstration of bias in the three liberal stations, everyone but Fox News actually lied about what the law regulated and showed pictures of full-auto fire as demonstrations of these firearms (which is in no way related to the law). CBS' morning show had them interupting the NRA spokes person off everytime they try to correct them on what the law covered and they kept cutting to footage of full-auto AKs in the N. Hollywood Shootout. It won't be long before the lies about the FN 5.7 pistol start spreading, the papers have already caught wind of it.

Bias is everywhere. It's your job as an intelligent being to actually decipher the information you are given and find out what is or isn't true. One news agency is no better than the other, they're there to make a profit and get sponsors.

Bias is everywhere.  It's your job as an intelligent being to actually decipher the information you are given and find out what is or isn't true.  One news agency is no better than the other, they're there to make a profit and get sponsors.

That's where you're wrong.

News-stations are supposed to bring the news UNBIASED.

All they need to do is to just pass on the facts, not their opinions (or taking advantage of the facts to express their opinions).

It's not our jobs to filter the information, it's theirs to present it correctly....

All they need to do is to just pass on the facts, not their opinions (or taking advantage of the facts to express their opinions).

It's not our jobs to filter the information, it's theirs to present it correctly....

That's an unrealistic expectation. The media will never be perfect or unbiased so long as humans run it, we're imperfect creatures. The fact that US Media are businesses existing for profits and rating furthers the point to attract viewers from certain backgrounds. Even in places where the media is government run, it is biased toward the government's political lean. You can either whine about what they are supposed to do or you can accept what they are doing and find the flaws. Doing the the latter is infinately more useful until a utopian society emerges (don't hold your breath).

That's an unrealistic expectation. The media will never be perfect or unbiased so long as humans run it, we're imperfect creatures. The fact that US Media are businesses existing for profits and rating furthers the point to attract viewers from certain backgrounds. Even in places where the media is government run, it is biased toward the government's political lean. You can either whine about what they are supposed to do or you can accept what they are doing and find the flaws. Doing the the latter is infinately more useful until a utopian society emerges (don't hold your breath).

Maybe US-news is run by profit or political lean but not ours...and I'm pretty sure and proud about that.

Our news is not sponsered and political messages (in favor or unfavor) or ralying "for a cause" is out of the question.

Maybe US-news is run by profit or political lean but not ours...and I'm pretty sure and proud about that.

Our news is not sponsered and political messages (in favor or unfavor) or ralying "for a cause" is out of the question.

I ssume it's government owned? Can't say I've watched news in the Netherlands, but I have seen the BBC from England. Even it has left leanings. That said, I'm sure yours has political lean whether you realize it or not. It's a fact of life.

Can't say I've watched news in the Netherlands...... I'm sure yours has political lean whether you realize it or not. It's a fact of life.

Maybe you should....it would make your guessing a lot more like fact.

It's a shame to see that Fox isn't the only one making assumptions....

You're trying to degrade this into some sort of bickering match, but bias can be hid and not easily seen unless you come from the other side of the fence. My previous post mentioning firearms is a good example. They mislead the uninformed, either intentionally or through improper research, and you wouldn't know it was political lean unless you had prior knowledge of the subject. You can easily hide bias in a topic by covering it and just failing to report the other side of the story... you can't tell it's bias because they don't tell you the other side. Heck you might not even know another side exists. It's like a magician and slight of hand, what you can't see leads you to believe what you do see is real.

I'll just leave it at that before this turns into some form of name calling.