2006 Dodge Viper Coupe

pz3

:wub: Second pic is what I've been using as my desktop since Dodge released these pics on their website. @ Crimson How was it riding or should I say blasting along in a Viper? I'd have a couple of them in my garage but my lottery tickets always seem to say no way sucker. :wall: Edited by KRP 56

Words cannot descibe it. Although I remember quite well the feeling I got in my stomach was not good. :thumbsup: The thing is built for tearing off the line, and it does it with ease.

I WILL have this car before I turn 35.

Edited by Crimson

no offence but only 500hp from over 8 liters? that's poor at best plus it can't go round corners to save it's life

:o The Viper GTS-R earned five international GT championships including the 1999 and 2000 American Le Mans Series GTS class titles and the 1997-1999 FIA GT Championships. The Viper finished 1-2 in the GTS class in three consecutive years -1998-2000 - and notched an amazing overall win at the 2000 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, the first for an American production-based car. :blink:

production based

2004 One Lap Of America street legal licensed production cars refined. Pos Car # Vehicle Class Pts O/A Pts

1 2 Dodge Viper 1020 6765

David Zelkowski, Brian Smith

2 4 Porsche 996 TT 1010 6820

Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom

3 3 Porsche 911 GT3 930 6705

David Murry, Royal Ford

4 25 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 820 6400

Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran

5 8 Chevy Z06 780 6090

Rodney Sizemore, Rick Sizemore

6 7 GT40 Replica 685 5950

R. Buzz Clarke, Joel Lipperini

7 5 Porsche 911 C2 575 4860

Chuck Veth, Joe Muckle

8 18 CHEVY Z06 CORVETTE 560 5050

MARK RIFE, JIM HECK

9 19 Chevrolet Corvette 425 2840

Tom Counts, Jon Maddox

10 12 Dodge Viper 400 2355

Ernest Eadeh, James Stowell

no offence but only 500hp from over 8 liters? that's poor at best plus it can't go round corners to save it's life

I take it that your not much of an automobile enthusiast from reading your post. 1 horsepower for every cubic inch has been a benchmark for a hi-performance normally aspirated production engines as long as I can remember. What benchmark are you using that put's it into the poor at best category? :blink: Edited by KRP 56

really these things for how much they weigh and the peofrmance theyr fast....

and supposibly there is a upcoming model is rumored to be pushing 600hp and i dont doubt it.....

and with mods, theyr even faster

id love to see them go back into racing.

Hennessey Venom 1000

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennes...ActionReq=Where

Edited by Prozac360

I take it that your not much of an automobile enthusiast from reading your post. 1 horsepower for every cubic inch has been a benchmark for a hi-performance normally aspirated production engines as long as I can remember. What benchmark are you using that put's it into the poor at best category? :blink:

no bench mark, just comparing it to other cars that are about, a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti for example gets 540bhp from 5.75 liters (351 cu in for the yanks)

Its called power to weight ratio. A Mack truck is bloody powerful, beast mobile, but it weighs ALOT!

Take the lotus elise in the other thread, less powerful engine, but it weighs nothing. Thus a better performance car.

Its called power to weight ratio. A Mack truck is bloody powerful, beast mobile, but it weighs ALOT!

Take the lotus elise in the other thread, less powerful engine, but it weighs nothing. Thus a better performance car.

I know what power to weight ratio is. <_< Your statement makes no sense at all. Facts! Lotus Elise is much lighter than the Viper but it's performance pales by comparison. Lotus 190HP - 14.6 Quarter Mile - 147 Top Speed - .89 Skid Pad vs Viper 500HP - 12.1 Quarter Mile - 197 Top Speed - 1.076 Skid Pad. Where's the better performance? :unsure: Test results will vary but I never read any results where the Lotus out performed the Viper. Edited by KRP 56

I take it that your not much of an automobile enthusiast from reading your post. 1 horsepower for every cubic inch has been a benchmark for a hi-performance normally aspirated production engines as long as I can remember. What benchmark are you using that put's it into the poor at best category? :blink:

no bench mark, just comparing it to other cars that are about, a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti for example gets 540bhp from 5.75 liters (351 cu in for the yanks)

That's seems impressive at first but the good HP ratings are being produced by a V12 that's pushing a 11.2 to 1 compression ratio vs the paltry 9.6 to 1 of the Viper thanks to the EPA and our unleaded crap gas. Any hot rodder knows high compression will yield high HP numbers at the cost of reduced engine life. That car weighs about 600lbs more than the Viper has a 91 ft lb lower torque rating and doesn't out perform the Viper and cost's a whopping $170,000 more than the Viper. :o Whether you like the Viper or not at $80,000 you get one hi-performance car. :P Edited by KRP 56

I was going to say something, but KRP took all the good rebutles... excellent posts. :clapping:

:P Thanks Crimson. America produces two fine hi-po cars the Viper and the Corvette plus a few more that will get your adrenalin flowing. A lot of the foreign cars are exotic and powerful but they come at a hefty price which put them out of the reach of all but the super super super rich.