WWIIIFFFGold Mod Officially Released

mr.pibb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: Holly Smokes Man!!

I've only begun to enjoy this mod. It some nice piece of work! It has really turned up the fun factor in Ghost again. Thinking about hookin up with some of those 3D glasses and enjoying it to its fullest. Thanks to you Mr. Pibbs for all your hard work. I'm sure all the GR fans will enjoy this immensly. WOW!

[RedFive]-bitshot-

REDFIVE3.jpg

Heres the link:

PATCH

GRAB THE WWIIIV2.0 PATCH ONLY

Uhm, which one is that exactly? :stupid:

Its the patch at the top of the list of downloads on my site, it has the exact name as what I typed there WWIIIV2.0 PATCH

Or just get it from the WWIII news topic, Rocky has it up now.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Just downloaded it and installed it. Everything went smooooooth.

I had a quick blast but want to hold of playing the rest till my friend has it too. I don't play GR much these days. I'm a bit worn out after 3 years ;) and really need something new. Well, im back to playing it again cause WW3FFF is awesome. I really like the atmospheric feel. Good job, I can only imagine the hard work and love that went into it.

A few questions.

Is the Russion Front mission the only co op one available?

Does the threat indicator have to be on. I'm sure mine is set to off but in the mission it's on.

Is there any way to restrict the weapons load out for the multi co op? Im sure the OICW wasn't available in the campaign when i tried it.

Cool job dude. So, what are you going to do now you have retired from mod making? It's a loss to us but i'm sure the fam are down with it ;)

Just downloaded it and installed it. Everything went smooooooth.

I had a quick blast but want to hold of playing the rest till my friend has it too. I don't play GR much these days. I'm a bit worn out after 3 years  ;) and really need something new. Well, im back to playing it again cause WW3FFF is awesome. I really like the atmospheric feel. Good job, I can only imagine the hard work and love that went into it.

A few questions.

Is the Russion Front mission the only co op one available?

Does the threat indicator have to be on. I'm sure mine is set to off but in the mission it's on.

Is there any way to restrict the weapons load out for the multi co op? Im sure the OICW wasn't available in the campaign when i tried it.

Cool job dude. So, what are you going to do now you have retired from mod making? It's a loss to us but i'm sure the fam are down with it  ;)

Correct, there is only one MP mission that is included.

Sorry, but the one mission was converted loooong ago and honestly it was kind of a pain to do even that with the cinematics being removed and other hiding of stuff changed too, so the mp mission is as it stands. Its a perfect example of why most of the missions are not MP, because trying to convert most of them would be from difficult to impossible with all the stuff going on that normally causes MP games to crash.

The threat indicator comes on and off in single player mode for ALL missions, so I dont see how thats possible, never been an issue there. As far as the 1 MP mission goes, yes, there are no weapons restrictions in it.

Lastly, thanks :thumbsup: .

What am I going to do? Have peice of mind after work, spend my weekends not working on this anymore :wacko:

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Thanks for the insider perspective on how you went about creating this ambitious campaign. It really does show evidence of your dedication and vision for the mod.

I already edited the post cause I knew I was revealing too much, happens all the time when I feel the urge to describe stuff. I'll tell ya tho man, the vision part is easy, its really not all that difficult to see a scenario that would create a great adventure, once you got that, you write down on paper what you feel is needed to keep it, the hard part comes in making it happen, theres always comprimises too because more than often you find that the game just wont allow it all :rofl: .

Edited by mr.pibb

Finished WWIII yesterday and I'm thankful you finished it out. Good Show mr.pibb! :thumbsup: The vertical soldiers are distracting but as you mentioned have no effect on the gameplay. My only disappointment was with the Forest mission. Great to see another mission done on the Dam map and a fitting conclusion to WWIII. :clapping:

Thanks KRP56

The forest mission is certainly the simplest of the missions, and the walls around the map are a ######, but I cant remove the walls and I really actually enjoyed making a simple mission after killing myself on the mission before it, its a simple fairly large scale firefight involving allies and enemies with some flanking enemies, nothing real complex, and ya, the mission dosent last long, but like I said, I needed a break from the complex stuff. The last mission on the dam map I was hoping would be a success, I figured the scenario was a little extraordinary with the armor battle and the other stuff goin on too.

I do hope you guys did help out the resistance before completing that mission :nono: , :D realistically I had to put the primary as the mission complete criteria, but I assumed most people would feel motivated to help the resistance after completing the primary(I personally usually have to eliminate almost every enemy I can find in most missions I play, but thats me :shifty: )

Edited by mr.pibb

ya whenever the mission Montignac City starts it just crashes???

Please post here what your computer specs are. Also, there may be conflict with another mod you may have, may want to be sure all other mods except Desert Storm and Island Thunder are Deactivated.

Of course, as I just stated, you must have Desert Storm and Island Thunder activated. Lastly if you have the old WWIII part1 mod(from way back) make sure its not active, I have seen conflicts with the 2 mods active at the same time.

Other than that, I dont know. I have tested all of the mod types after uploading them to my site to be sure they were intact, with no issues at all.

What WWIII mod type did you download?

Pibb

ummm ive got the WWIIIFF gold with the patch but maybey its cuse i got mods like DA and others ill take them off!

Version3 (the version thats up now) dosent require any patch, version 2 does and the patch that comes with it has a patch for each mod type, so do be sure you installed the correct patch for 'gold' version - although I cant see how even the incorrect patch installed would have caused a crash, I just never have seen a crash in any of the final missions. My only other suspicion is maybe operating system, Montignac City has alot of vehicles and enemies, but I never expereinced a crash or lag in the final testing.

Edited by mr.pibb

Hi, Mr Pibb

The zip file I downloaded had a problem too. I downloaded WWIIIFFFPart2 - only the new 3 missions - 18 MB file, from File planet tree times and I couldn’t fix the problem.

It looks like that the zip-file has some problem. Once I tried to unzip it, with WinZip and WinRar, I get a message error like this “bad CRC357403 (should be 2359c872)”. After that, just readme.txt file is unzipped.

I hope some body help me, I played WWIII v.2 and I can’t wait to try the new 3 missions.

Thanks.