PC Gamer Reviews RavenShield

firefly2442

PC Gamer (US) gave RvSh 80% in the mag I got today. To sum up they had this to say:

Highs: "Large and highly detailed maps; outstanding graphics; fun multiplayer modes."

Lows: "Lame story; unimaginative mission design; random bugs and AI glitches."

Bottom Line: "Great multiplayer features make up for the uninspired single-player missions."

Personally, I don't give a rip about the story. The mission design doesn't matter cause I'll be modding and making my own. With regard to the bugs, I'm sure Ubi will release a patch. They're usually pretty good with that. :)

Lows: "Lame story; unimaginative mission design; random bugs and AI glitches."

Bottom Line: "Great multiplayer features make up for the uninspired single-player missions."

Well that sucks crap IMO! I was looking forward to this game but I almost never play multi. So if the single player aspect of this game blows then what's the point? :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I havent played the final version...but the SP Demo rocks...and is by far captivating....

Two of the coolest things I have seen...

1) bad guy was getting ready to come down ladder and I shot him with shotgun...it blew him off the ladder and as he fell, he sorta cartwheeled and his arms actually wrapped around the rungs as he went down...totally cool.

2) getting attacked by a bad guy with MP5 and flashlight...I was like...what is that bright light coming at me...tap tap...oh I see...that was a bad guy...

This game totally rocks...

<excuse me while I go play it more>

I have to agree - it's a long time since I've been so captivated by a game demo as the RS sp demo.

Another thing I really liked was the opening doors gradually with the mouse wheel. I really hate the way Fischer opens doors in Splinter Cell.

I did quite a bit of modding with UnrealED a few years back so hopefully it won't take too long to come up to speed on the Unreal2 Editor. Somethin' I'm looking forward to ;)

Edited by Jack57

Funnily enough, I'm playing Raven Shield the same way I used to play Rogue Spear. Load up a Tango Hunt mission, pick an operative and whatever weapon I'm in the mood for. Then I'll play again and again and again...and again :) I must've beaten the oil refinery mission about a hundred times in Practice, Lone Wolf and Terrorist Hunt mode. (Which is nowhere near the amount of times I've beaten The Met following the same procedure :D)

For some wicked fun, fill up the team with operatives, give everybody pistols only with high-capacity magazines and fill up the item slots with secondary magazines. Be warned, though, the Rainbow guys aren't as good with pistols as they are with SMGS :P

Funnily enough, I'm playing Raven Shield the same way I used to play Rogue Spear. Load up a Tango Hunt mission, pick an operative and whatever weapon I'm in the mood for. Then I'll play again and again and again...and again :) I must've beaten the oil refinery mission about a hundred times in Practice, Lone Wolf and Terrorist Hunt mode. (Which is nowhere near the amount of times I've beaten The Met following the same procedure :D)

LOL that's the same thing I did with RS: replay terrorist hunt on the Met map over and over and over .... obsessively.

:devil:

Terrorist hunt and MP co-op are the ONLY things I play of RS. Adversarial and the SP campaign always bored the hell out of me. That's whay I am not at all impressed or concerned by the review.

The SP demo showed me that this game has plenty of terrorist hunt hours of fun in wait for me. That's all I care about.

If it shows to be a good MP coop ... so much the better.