Silent Killers Mappack

deleyt

Seems like another bunch of ######tards made a mappack without proper conscent from it's creators.

While strolling the GhostAHolic-forum, I came across a mappack consisting of 39 maps, called the "Silent Killers-mappack" by the SK-Clan.

Downloading it and reading the textfile that came with it, it was clear that this mappack was put together without proper conscent of the original creators and they didn't even bother to put in some credits either.

On top of that it also contains original SOAF maps.

Maps include: The Dam (by Neutron), several maps by Tof, Downtown (can't remember who made it) and some others I recognised but couldn't recall their names.

Clearly another case of people wanting to release something without doing all the work.... :nono:

With all do respenct and understanding...the point of my PICs was the awsome power of the gun...not who made it or stole it. I do understand where your are coming from and agree with your oppinions, but you also have to agree that to see it is to say WOA!!! Thks, ASF_Waykis :thumbsup:

He's talking about his topics over at the War Journal.

Ah!..thx GRT. Starting to make sense now :D

you also have to agree that to see it is to say WOA!!!

LOL....well, having an oversized muzzleflash or insane rounds isn't something extremely new, but I guess if you've never seen it before it can be overwhelming ;)

He's talking about his topics over at the War Journal.

Ah!..thx GRT. Starting to make sense now :D

you also have to agree that to see it is to say WOA!!!

LOL....well, having an oversized muzzleflash or insane rounds isn't something extremely new, but I guess if you've never seen it before it can be overwhelming ;)

I'm sorry if I'm confusing anybody :wall: ...but an email was sent to me reguarding the SK map packs. The post that are above about the unproffesionalizm of the SK clan was where it linked me too. So I replyed to the post letting those involved that I ment no offence. Hope this helps to bring understanding. Thks.

I don't want to trivialize wrong doing, but I personally would like it if more Clans and Server Admins compiled downloads of maps and/or mods that were running on their servers in a single download.

It's one of Ghost Recon's greatest assets, that you can mix and match mods, it's also one of the greatest sources of frustration and loss of players on servers...

I think it would be swell if there was a Consortium of GR Mod Developers that would publish the compatibility specs of their work, and grant universal permission of all Clans and Server Admins to re-bundle their work as long as names were in the package and fingers pointed to Consortium page.

My mods (all three of the tiny things) are out in the wild free for anyone to use as they please -- completely Open Source...

:huh:

• 1 month later...
Intellectual property is neither intellectual, nor property.

That probably means you never figured something out yourself and always found it easier to copy it off someone else.

BTW: I'm not able to downlaod either from www.xtremeagles.net or www.grmodz.uni.cc .

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

That's an interesting take on things. Do you appreciate when people steal the answers off of a test of yours? Probably not, although it might not bother you at all. Just because it's not a physical thing you can hold onto doesn't mean that someone doesn't own it.

Just wanted to say that I think the Tag mods is kinda "stolen" check them out on www.xtremeagles.net  or www.grmodz.uni.cc

The TaG Map Pack 4 is made up of other people's maps (outpost, farm, prison from soaf, de_dust, and park). It was put together by the people over at TaG ( http://www.tagaming.com ). so please don't think that we at xe put this map pack together. we host all the mods and required downloads for TaG because we participate on that ladder and have affiliated each other.

That probably means you never figured something out yourself and always found it easier to copy it off someone else.

BTW: I'm not able to downlaod either from www.xtremeagles.net or www.grmodz.uni.cc .

dee, you have to register which is quick and instant in order to download from our site (XE). no activation email to wait for.

ps. any mod that i personally create, i place a read me file in it with credit to anyone's work i used. which so far has only been 1 chr file from bajabravo. now that i have 3dsm and have been learning to make my own chr's i have no reason to use anyone else's chr's. but i do believe in obtaining permission first before even touching anyone else's work. and with my own mods/skins, i really don't care if someone wants to use my stuff as long as they give credit and don't claim it to be their work.

Edited by XE_Joker