Ghost Recon.net Forums

GR2:WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO GHOST RECON?!

I checked out the Xbox version last week, and it was unbelievably bad. It was more like Ikari Warriors than GR1 (brain test for the old timers out there). It had none of the realism aspects of the first one.

I'd never seen GR1 or GR2 on the console before, but after reading the above comments, I'm guessing that GR2 really is a piece of crap. I'm not sure if I'm anxiously awaiting or dreading the PC release.

Sadly I've been had as well. I was waiting patiently for the PC version to be released when some kind soul bought me the PS2 version for Xmas. I was actually quite excited and tried it straight away - but NOOOOOOOO.

I've not even got through the first level. It is awful. For a start, my experience of GR is one of control and stealth. Using PS2 controls it is impossible to target accurately and quickly, meaning that the firefights are just pathetic random attempts to line up the crosshairs. Its an exercise in frustration. The graphics are cartoony and poor and its just not compelling.

I'm off to sell my copy of it on ebay - hopefully to no-one on here. I pity the person who buys it from me! :huh:

Edited by egobirchy
and I quote ;"EXCLUSIVE GAME DESIGN FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2". :wall:

Thats because it was. The PS2 version was developed by a Ubi team in China, while XBox and PC are being developed by RSE in North Carolina. Is it me or has this been said before?

i have the PS2 version and its absolutely terrible. four hours after i bought it i was on the phone with EB games trying to negotiate a buy back. they would only offer $25 so now i'm a GR2 owner completely out of spite.

Edit: I hate this game!

Edited by DOG-ZEBRA

wow, i feel pretty on the outside. i feel GR2 is a very very good game (for xbox anyway). i wasnt a fan at all of GR1, the slowness of it, no feeling of immediate danger and while the tactical aspects of it were fun and interesting the execution and pacing was as dry as sawdust. i really like what they did with GR2, except that it could use much more in the way of tactical focus instead of the lonewolf crap. if you want a true taste of the application of tactics in GR2, play online and join a team. nothings as close to the real thing as ordering humans to do things =-D