Need some more help.

I can't seem to connect to the GR.Net dedi server. I have all the required mods and even have the quick connect (desktop shortcut). All it says is "Player Zantar45 connecting" and then it goes back to the main menu (quick connect) or the server lobby.

So far I have been able to connect to other rooms just fine.

Suggestions?

When you go into the Multiplayer Menu, make sure that the Implementation is SOCKETS, and if you type the filter in as Pave it will show up Paves Server.

If you cannot see the sever in the ingame browser then let us know.

BTW I assume your firewall (if any) is configured for OFP?

And don't worry, you should have been around when Sart, Ranger, Pave and I were trying to get the MP to work :blink:

Zantar, i can guarantee that you are missing something thats on the server, i had everything installed that was posted in the forums, but whenever i tried to join it would do the same thing and tell me i was connecting before fading out and it never once told me what files were missing, once i had worked out what they were i got in straight away but without knowing which files are missing its a bit hit and miss to find out what you need.. :unsure:

I've found with some of the mods you'll have to make sure that all the files are put into their proper folders, some will just drop a folder into your res/addons and you'll have to dig into it and pull the files, then figure out where they are supposed to be.

Wish they'd use reame's a bit more.

ok, I'm going through my Res/Addons folder right now...

Alright, I found a few "Read Me" text documents for some of the mods- do I toss them out?

Also found a "Doe1_anim" folder with a "intro.doeeden_snow" folder containing a "mission.sqm" file. Anyone know where that goes?

Downloaded every mod off the list and got the 1.96 patch. Guess I will go through every one of them again and double check.

Firewall is fine, was playing in other rooms last night.

**Edit**

Think I might've found the problem. I was assuming the mods in OFP were like GR how you could enable/disable in game. I probably overwrote the LSR weapon pack with one of the other ones. Going to remove it and check if I can get online now.

Edited by Zantar45

Well I took a pic of my Res\Addon folder

Scrshot927.jpg

I extracted all 19 mods and thier contents to the Res/Addon folder. Should I extract the .pbo's from the WinRars again and get rid of the Read me's and pictures?

:wacko:

I sure wouldn't mind downloading something with all the mods in it already.

Edited by Zantar45

The installer for Desert Eden said to install it in C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation FlashPoint, so I installed it there.

Think I should install it again but this time in the Res\Addons folder?

Edited by Zantar45

Install the addons where the readmes tell you to. Extract them somewhere like your main OFP folder, then deposit the PBO files into either the Addons or Res Addons folders, depending on what the readme says. Only PBO files or .anim folders should be in the addon folder.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

1: go into Operation Flashpoint/Users/Zantar45 and open the User Info file

2: The second paragraph is

version=1;

useSockets=1;

browsingSource="Remote";

class Filter

If useSockets is at 0, change it to 1.

3: Start up OFP and go into Multiplayer. Don't use the desktop shortcut

4: Type the server IP into the Remote line, then okay

5: If the server does not appear, change the mode to directplay then back to sockets

6: Report back here

Edited by 2nd Ranger