What Song Are You Listening To?

Sup

Do you Try or just Post? Tick all that apply, but be sensible!  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah it's not real taboo to cuss here in the U.S. but it is in forums and what-not.

Yeah I know, but I don't want to get done for 'bypassing the swear filter' through means of swearing in foreign languages, as this sites' swear filter currently only covers English swear words. Swearing is not a taboo for me nor in the music scene I'm into (my philosophy is that most kids these days know most all swear words by the time they have got through their first year in secondary school, so where's the deal?

Paul Elstak, Blaka Pim & Ben Skeer - "Hakke Klootzak"

Ooops, did I just *accidently* drop a Dutch expletive? Hey, don't look at me like that, I don't choose their track titles for them.

Tha Playah - "Tha Mastah of Shock"

What's wrong with people? They keep sending me psy/progressive trance etc tracks to listen to, regardless of all the times I've told them that if it's below 160bpm (beats per minute) I'm not interested.

As one guy from Facebook put it:

99.9% of british ppl think 'hardcore' means puttin a sugar babes vocal over 140 puny [bpm]...with a bit of 'up lifting' piano...

Mind you I am glad I've recently moved away from that 'happy' UK stuff - I much prefer the Euro stuff now. The only 'hardcore' in the UK has been hijacked by Hixxy, Dougal et al, so there are no longer any real hardcore tracks around. That's I moved away to a much better scene with Angerfist, Paul Elstak etc - this is where the real hardcore is at. My CD collection of the Hixxy type stuff was officialy declared obsolete by me in November 2007, and replaced by the real hardcore artists.

The most hardcore stuff I've ever listened to was Macabre.

LMAO, I love it when names for musical styles conflict. I know, you have hardcore in your rock music, we have hardcore in our electronic noise. Same genre name, but two very different genres.

On a side not, I find it funny how some people incorrectly refer music genres: like when they refer to trance as pop music just because it made it into the charts. I even saw Scooter once referred to as 'pop' music. I never laughed so hard at a music genre misclassification before.

Rotterdam Terror Corps ft. The Headbanger - "Hardcore Generation"

p.s. how could you refer to trance as pop? that's just an insult.

Wasn't me, it was the critics. Incidently, those were the same critics that referred to Scooter's music as 'pop'. Pop music seems to be just covers of old songs these days. In the gabber/hardcore music scene, we never sacrifice quality for popularity (I'm not talking hijacked UK hardcore here, I'm talking real underground hardcore)

Neophyte & Scott Brown - "Fuzzy Muff"

Creative use of Ali G [talking about the police] samples. Although, the title does has a second meaning. :whistle:

As this forum is suitable for viewing by all ages, it would be inappropiate for me to explain what I meant with the 'second meaning'

Scott Brown - "This Is How We Do It (Remix)"

This the updated version of the same titled track that he released under the Plus System pseudonym. The original was mainstream hardcore, this update remix is pure gabber.

Paul Elstak ft. Ruffian - "I Feel Just Like A Terrorist"

Finally, I've got hold of this track after it kept eluding my grasp for over a year (do you know how hard it is to get hold of decent gabber/hardcore tracks in the UK? (especially ones about 'sensitive' issues like terrorism?)). Anyone one would thing these kind of tracks are contraband or something. Wait a minute....

I've just discovered Hellfish today too, he's written some pretty awesome tracks (LMAO at the one where he put a 180BPM hardcore beat (among other things) over a 1980's era hip hop track :rofl: )

Well we have songs about pretty much everything here. For instance, I'm listening to Devoured by Desire by ::expletive:: U All. You can pretty much guess the expletive. Got this CD from a dude in highschool. He was cool with one of the bandmembers. They're a metal band. Was going through a box with playstation(old school for me) games and CDs and I found this in here. One of the best finds of the year. Anyways, I'm out.

Korsakoff - "Like A ######"

Looks like Lindsay ('Korsakoff' - degenerative brain disorder) is now churning out some doomcore/darkcore/terrorcore tracks, which is a good thing - alot better than that early stuff she was producing, that generic hardcore laid back sweetheart kinda stuff. Her sounds are now dark & hard and she's got the looks to go with it (unlike most female producers, heh)

EDIT: OMG, somebody is hammering some nails into wood outside and the speed at which they are doing it is exactly in time with the beat of this track. I could have sworn that we had a live remix going on there for a minute.

Edited by WytchDokta

Partyraiser & Triax - "Ghost Connections"

Followed by:

Angerfist - "Kidnapped Redneck"

'Kidnapped Redneck' is a breakcore/drum 'n' bass track.

People still can't understand how I can wake up to this music (it's 05:03 here) and listen to it just before I go to sleep. I keep telling them that how I do it is by pressing the play button, yet for some reason, they still ask me: 'but how can you listen to it?

Is it me or are me & you (mwgfghost) the only ones that post in this thread anymore?

Edited by WytchDokta

LOL I think it's just me and you dude. I see an occasional post by someone else but it's mainly just me and you. And I know how you feel. I listen to Slipknot, Deicide, or Dethklok while making breakfast sometimes. And back in highschool I always listened to metal bands before going to be and also early in the morning. Nobody ever asked me me how I could listen to it because the only people who talked to me were my friends who listened to the same stuff. Everybody else thought I fit the profile for school shooter. Anyways, back on the topic at hand:

Survive by Dope

Everybody else thought I fit the profile for school shooter

:rofl::rofl:

I have one track by Dope: "Die MF Die", it's the only metal (do you guys call that metal, I dunno, I'm not into rock music at all so I don't really know myself) track that I possess. I have it because the lyrics appeal to me, it's the kind of lyrics our MC's put into the tracks they provide lyrical coverage for. It's like the only track I have that is outside of the hardcore/gabber bracket.

Angernoizer - "8 Bit Chip######"

Imagine the very first games console and the games for it. Image their 8-bit musical scores. Then take a selection of those musical aswell as in game sounds and make a techno track out of it and you have the track by Angernoizer that I'm listening to.

Noisekick vs Noise######er - "De Spelregels"

Dunno what happened with production this one, it's slow by Noise######er standards - he primarily churns out speedcore. Noisekick mainly does speedcore too but occasionally does hardcore. This track is more the speed of hardcore but is probably classed as darkcore/doomcore due to the content within. I only listen to proper speedcore very occasionally as I cannot relate to the to stupidly to fast speed of most of it (we're talking like 190BPM upwards here, Noisekick even did one track with Kerberos that was 666BPM, IMO that was just pointless, the beats were so fast it sounded like just one single long beat). I can manage 160-200BPM but after that, forget it....

Edited by WytchDokta