What Song Are You Listening To?

Sup

Do you Try or just Post? Tick all that apply, but be sensible!  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Opeth - Lotus Eater (audio) Followed by

Opeth - Porcelain Heart (video)

Both from the forthcoming Opeth album Watershed and both available for free from Opeth.com

If you haven't heard them before, check 'em out. They are one of my all time fave bands (since Metalica decided not to be metal anymore <_< ). Hope you like them.

@ Nailbomb72 - Dead Can Dance is an interesting album, eh?

Pink Floyd - Echoes...from Meddle...

followed by The Derek Trucks Band - Soul Serenade/Rasta Man Chant from Soul Serenade...Derek is the son of one of the original Allman Bros drummers but plays guitar..

@ Nailbomb72 - Dead Can Dance is an interesting album, eh?

Hi Mig - Yeah, I love DCD, one of my all time faves. The first album I heard was Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun, just awesome!

For anyone who's interested, the DCD self titled album is a pretty good first album. Bit 80's style goth/postpunkish perhaps, with a hint of what their future sound would become... Following albums are even better and gradually move away from the goth/postpunkish sound, some sound classical/neoclassical with plenty of Eastern influence and the last studio album they recorded, Spiritchaser, was very tribal. Music for all occasions.

The female vocalist, Lisa Gerrard, has gone on to feature on many soundtracks since DCD disbanded including The Gladiator, Black Hawk Down (1 track) and Tears of the Sun, not to mention her solo albums and other collaborations. Very impressive stuff.

Ages ago, I bought a limited edition boxset retrospective 3 CD & 1 DVD set. The DVD is a full live show and it is amazing to watch them pull off their set live, just amazing.

I can't recommend them highly enough :thumbsup:

Right now, listening to: Christopher Franke - Parliament Of Dreams Pt 1 from the Babylon 5 Suite.

привет Sopmod. Long time no see.

The Viper - "Intellectual Killer"

hi, doc) I'm lost on my job.... I'm just noticed,you got some russian font?

No. I got that Russian phrase from the internet - I searched for 'hello' in Russian (I speak 5 languages, Russian is not one of them), although my search did turn up three expressions in Russian, so hopefully I have the right one.

Also, you can get the Russian letters in Windows if you go to Start>Run>(type "charmap" minus quotation marks)

Evil Activities - "My Hidden Place"

This track is full of energy. Jump like hell!

Edited by WytchDokta

Well, I'm at my house working on the renovations and I've left all my CDs at my girlfriends house... But I found an old box of tapes tucked away in the wardrobe :o

Huey Lewis and the News - Walking On A Thin Line from the album Sports

Probably follow it up with Bon Jovi - New Jersey (don't hit me, it's a great album >_< )

Radium, Lenny Dee & Hellfish - "Voices"

Nice mixture of nationalities and combination of the respective sounds (frenchcore- Radium/speedcore - Hellfish etc). Also, it's a nice 'recipe' from the Noise Brulée album.

Edited by WytchDokta