What Song Are You Listening To?

Sup

Do you Try or just Post? Tick all that apply, but be sensible!  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the heavy stuff. Not much speed.

I have such tracks a plenty. Although, I'm Your Enemy is really that heavy.

Paul Elstak & Firestone ft. Ruffian - "A Hardcore State of Mind"

Now that's 'heavy', in terms of beats/bassline.

mwgfghost, go to: djlunatic-misshysteria.nl for some pics of various producers etc in the scene. Some nice pics of Miss Hysteria in there (under Reng Deng Deng & Project Hardcore heading, click any of the pics) aswell as pics of 'the crew' in Switzerland (under Zwitserland heading, click any of the pics to bring a another window with more pics in) - a new window will come up, the second pic in there is a group photo: second from left at the back is Paul Elstak, in front of him is Ruffian, then very first on the right is Neophyte(?), on his right is Lunatic and in front of him is Malin (Miss Hysteria). I'm not entirely sure who the other blonde chicks in there are, I'd guess that one is likely Korsakoff (although, I'm surprised Outblast isn't there with her, assuming it is her, because Outblast does alot of work with Korsakoff) and the other may be Paul Elstak's wife (I've briefly seen his wife, when Mr. Elstak did that boxing match with some other Dutch celebrity (Elstak won). That's just leaves two guys and I don't know who they are, maybe Endymion & Nosferatu.

LMAO, just noticed, Dutchman 'Lunatic' is wearing an England polo shirt in one of the pics.

Edited by WytchDokta

Eternal by Art of Fighters and The Stunned Guys

BTW, if I don't respond for a while, it's because I'm fighting another war with my friend that I can't really talk about due to the forum rules. One that takes up a lot of bandwidth.

I can guess. Something to do with the acquisition of all these tracks.... I know what it's like, this music is generally hard to get hold of in this country so we are left with no choice but to resort to 'extreme measures' in order to get hold of the tracks we want. Even if I want it on vinyl, I more often or not have to get it imported. HMV, who have a very large selection of different types of music on a wide selection of formats, don't have any of this music. Even HTFR (hard to find records) don't really have a very large selection of gabber/underground hardcore tracks, even then, it's not artists/tracks I'm looking for (I though they were called 'hard to find records' for a reason?). Seems everybody wants to sell commercial/mainstream stuff nowadays. :unsure:

Hmmmm.... I don't have that there 'Eternal' track.

E-Noid - "Sending the Beast"

Edited by WytchDokta

Oh yeah. I think my most extreme measure was actually contacting Peter "Peas" McEvilley on myspace and asking him where I could find a CD with the song "Autobahn" on it.

Invisible Wounds(Dark Bodies) by Fear Factory.

See sometimes, I just gotta tone it down a knotch. I wanna start looking for more songs like "Oy" by Gypsy Kings just so I can get into Spanish mode. Cause I still study Arabic in Spanish class. One of the main reasons for that is we don't get Spanish names so I'm always called by my English(more Irish) name and I can't really get into character.

I'm listening to/watching a promo vid that you'll be interested in mwgfghost - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9zjpI1VXSc. The vid also features [one of] Angerfist. The track playing in the vid (after the intro) is a mix consisting of the "Dortmund '05" track by Angerfist, which, in the promo version in the vid, has elements of "Never Fall Alseep" by Evil Activities & Panic! ft. Alee. It goes into that track properly at the end. That's Alee whispering 'If I catch you sleepin', you'll end up dead' throughout "Dortmund '05"

I'm not sure where the other two Angerfist guys are in that vid, but I only counted one. But that's probably because I was looking more at the hot Dutch girls in the crowd rather than Angerfist up on stage (no disrespect to Angerfist of course)on that part. And I didn't even notice there was a crowd on the Korsakoff part the first time I watched the vid (was too busy ogling Lyndsay (Korsakoff). Also, there's a guy in there with a Nasenbluten (Nosebleed.... producer of nordcore) style black hockey mask.

[Korsakoff] is the devil
The guy that does the voice over for the intro took the words right out of my mouth.

Lekker nummer! <--- Although I'm not sure which one, Lindsay (Korsakoff) or the track.

Edited by WytchDokta

Nice, thanks dude. Just listening to Scream Aim And Fire by Bullet For My Valentine. Already posted it but it puts me at peace.

Anyways, on a side note, I thought you might be interested to know that Akira is one of the Encore onDemand movies. That's supposedly the movie that's sampled in Take U Back by Angerfist. Can't type right now. Eyes feel like I just woke up.

Redemption by Art of Fighters.

Can't get enough of this song. Respnosibility! Redemption! Well........guess my life was pretty extraordinary. LOL I don't know why but that's my favorite part of the song. Just wanna yell it to everybody.

"The Hindu's have a word for it: karma. They believe in reincarnation, that a man pays in the next life...."

So mwgfghost, when are you going to listen to more artists in this scene?

Delta 9 - "King of Hell (Akira 'Live' Remix)"

Edited by WytchDokta

I dunno. It's like I read these posts and that's when I get into hardcore mode. But right now it's an old school song. Listened to it randomly in highschool.

Eifersucht by Rammstein followed by Confusion by New Order. And I'd like to add that it's Confusion from the Blade Sountrack. Looked it up on google and apparently there's another band called New Order with a song called Confusion from the 80's.

Edited by mwgfghost

Art of Fighters - "Mistake"

It feels good receiving reports that I've recently got one forum member addicted to Angerfist & Art of Fighters, who has in turn got another person hooked on both those artists. There's also reports that they both might be trying out Paul Elstak's music for size next.

If one member can pledge their support for the musical liberation front, so can more. Join the resistance, help us fight the oppression wrongly bestowed upon our music scene.

Edited by WytchDokta

Offensive Warriors by Paul Elstak

That's Ruffian on vocals for that track, and JDA assisted with the production - so the full title should read: Paul Elstak & JDA ft. Ruffian - "Offensive Warriors", where 'ft.' denotes 'featuring'. Ruffian says at one point 'show no fear' this is a direct reference to another track, 'Show No Fear' by Paul Elstak & Firestone ft. Ruffian, where Firestone is on vocals too. The songtitle actually refers to 'Offensive Records', a Dutch record label.

I'll send you that list later bro (you know what list I mean), although it seems you found some of the good ones already. There's some good ones where he has sampled from the movie 'The Exorcist' (of which the title is unsuitable for posting here, and most people outside the scene take offense to what is said in this track (it samples Reagans most famous line in the movie)) and also 'American Psycho' - gotta love the edited quotes from American Psycho that he included. Shouting out 'I killed alot of people with an axe in the face' in public is fun. Honest.

Art of Fighters - "Beatz Breaker"

I love that riff.

Edited by WytchDokta

Dragonaut by Sleep followed by Audiowaste by Angerfist.

Here's the story behind Dragonaut. Back in the good ol highschool days, I usually watch B movies just to make fun of em but occasionally I'd find a good movie. Unfortunately, the movie in which I first heard that song wasn't a good movie or even a B movie. It's a movie called Gummo about a town in the U.S. after it's hit by a tornado and it shows the life of the most po-dunk white trash people you will ever see in any movie. Two kids(maybe teenagers) riding around on bikes killing cats for money spent on glue to sniff. That's just one of the many weird side stories.

What inspired me to search for that song was a part when the two characters on bikes are introduced and that song's playing and it's funny yet hardcore. The song's hardcore but listening to it in the background while these two guys ride down the street on bikes trying to look hardcore is just priceless. A few racial slurs are tossed around in the movie but that's to be expected as I did state it's about white trash rednecks. Anyways just thought I'd give you the background on that song.

Javi Boss - "Vice"

Is that 'Numb' by Linking Park(?) I hear in this track with a hardcore beat over it? It wouldn't suprise me if it was as Javi Boss was the guy responsible of doing a gabber remix of 'The Kids Aren't Alright' by The Offprsing, but released it as his own track.

Edited by WytchDokta