Getting AI to use binoculars . . .

Jack57

It might just have to do with the animation and coding. Most often when you're in deep territory, and everyone is chillin out, they'll bust out the cigs and beer cans, that's the whole intention. Yet RSE probably didn't think about "hey, maybe modders want to add mortar shells, playboy magazines, or binos." and so never included it in the code. But then again, who knows.....

Maybe the tags, if you made the howitzer shell a hand held item, it may work. Perhaps that is the answer to Jack's delima as well. Maybe the responce is relative to the tags contained in the strings.txt file. I don't know, after Jacks post about the player controlled platoon being the only one functioning properly, I ran out of ideas, cause that's pretty much the only stuff I've messed with.

@ Jack57, what about making a kit with binos in both slots? I know you already got some of it figured, or forgotten :lol: , but anyway. :unsure:

@Ausviper, I had a thought - what if you made a mortar shell as a gun model, or even as an attachment. I tried using a missile projectile as an item but it crashed, probably because it didn't have any attachment points. You could fit what I know about modelling on the back of a postage stamp, but your master model craftsman should be able to come up with something ;)

@ X69RZX, no go I'm afraid :angry: Works fine with Players but not NPC's.

i played with the animations, and got him to bring binocs to his face but only for a sec. the animation file is ghost recon/motion 1022_tpe_binoc_use_base.bmf

this is the animation for the prone position, but i saw and did one for croutched and standing, but didnt save those settings. this is only the animation still having a hard time getting him to use only the binocs and not his gun. but im playing.

i hope this can help, if not it was still fun searching the anims

suli

Or is it only Booze and fags that the guys will hold?

This is a typo maybe??? In the US this slang term for cigs means something entirely different.... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyways...I encountered the same problem when I tried to equip a guy with binocs...they don't show up and he won't use them.... :wall:

This is a typo maybe??? In the US this slang term for cigs means something entirely different....

No. In Britain (and i suppose the commonwealth) a fag would be a cigarette to the 'older generations'. But as time has gone on it has got another meaning :rolleyes:

When I was a kid we had lollies called 'Fags' - a slim white piece of candy with a red tip. They came in a box like a small cigarette packet.

Guess what - the kids can still buy them today 'cept they don't have a red tip and they're called 'Fads', which never ceases to amuse me when I see it :D

This is a typo maybe???  In the US this slang term for cigs means something entirely

LOL - no typo.

Fags are cigarettes down under for the "older generation" Also know as cigs, darts, coffin nails, cancer sticks, durry's or just plain smokes.

Although, the term fag has seemed to gain popularity in an entirely different field...... <_<

@Jack - I think it may have to be a gun.file. Items seem a bit touchy in GR.