Range video

EricJ

The Range 2 movie is similar to the Personal Weapons Test lvl 3 (PWT3) we shoot annually in the Canadian Army.

The PWT3 consists of static shooting from 300m at figure 11 targets, then a series of "run downs" to simulate combat shooting. It starts you at the 400m mark, then you run down to the 300m drop to the prone and fire. The targets are only exposed for less then a minute (IIRC), so you'd better move your ass or you won't have time to shoot. Then when the targets drop again, you run down to the 200m mark and shoot from the kneeling, then you run down to the 100m mark and shoot from the prone again. After that, you start walking towards the targets snap shooting as they are exposed untill you get to about 25m away where you expend whatever ammo you have left on automatic. All phases of the run down are done right after another, so by the end of it you're bagged from sprinting in full combat kit and you've got tunnel vision from the adrenaline. Talk about a rush. :D

The PWT3 is shot with the C7, usually with an ELCAN C79 optic. We also have a PWT for the C9 (Canadian version of the M249 SAW) which also includes a rundown.

Edited by FuSaKi

Cool movies, thanks for posting them.

Next time see if you can get your hands on another camcorder and set it up nearer to the target, zoomed in. Then splice the two clips together so we can see the bullets hitting home. That would be very cool :thumbsup:

Yeah, basically I told the person who was "videotaping" me to basically watch me. The target was 25m away, and I don't think the zoom would show the rounds impacting. As for the other video, the OIC, whose day job is a Special Agent with the DEA, had up some regular qualification targets, and before we got to the firing line, he would call out which target we should shoot at. It was good for target ID training. Can't say I was the best at that one though... As for the "PWT" FuSaki, we used Trijicon ACOGs, and my Aimpoint, with M4s, and one M16/203.

Oh BTW, now I'm a "poser", according to our expert Foxtrot, who is reporting me to SOCNET (ooooooh, scary), so if anybody wants to call me a poser, then let me know.

Oh BTW, now I'm a "poser", according to our expert Foxtrot, who is reporting me to SOCNET (ooooooh, scary), so if anybody wants to call me a poser, then let me know.

We tend to deal with such things behind the scenes so I'll take this opportunity to remind folks that they should PM me and not start poser discussions in the forums. People who are discovered to be posers will be exposed publically on these forums if they post here, and on the usual military forums.

Back to shooting ranges...

Yeah, basically I told the person who was "videotaping" me to basically watch me.  The target was 25m away, and I don't think the zoom would show the rounds impacting.  As for the other video, the OIC, whose day job is a Special Agent with the DEA, had up some regular qualification targets, and before we got to the firing line, he would call out which target we should shoot at.  It was good for target ID training.  Can't say I was the best at that one though...  As for the "PWT" FuSaki, we used Trijicon ACOGs, and my Aimpoint, with M4s, and one M16/203.

Sounds like fun. :) Regarding the latter comment, hogwash.

Yup.

We also did a couple other drills, we basically did firing from the front and rear of the Humvee. What the OIC did was set up four regulation pistol qualification targets, and we used our rifles, since in a way, that's about the size we'll be dealing with. We crouched behind the Humvee, then he would call out a target number (four targets total), we would raise up, engage, then drop down. Anything from malfunction drills to reloading was part of the cirriculum, i.e. it didn't stop (it did in a way) since we had to quickly clear the malfunction, or reload the weapon. We even did multiple targets as well. Alot of good training that you can only get on deployment :)

Last time I checked eric GERMANY was not in the sandbox and the guys at SOCNET might have something to say about that. So everyone stayed tuned to see how Me and the guys at SOCNET bring this poser into the light

Edited by Foxtrot

Last time I checked eric GERMANY was not in the sandbox and the guys at SOCNET might have something to say about that. So everyone stayed tuned to see how Me and the guys at SOCNET bring this poser into the light

Ok, you do that mate. Can't wait to see Eric you with egg on ya face. :thumbsup:

I, for one, can't wait for you to show up at SOCNET and accuse Eric of being a poser. The only thing the guys at SOCNET are going to do is show you the door. After they humiliate you. From your profile, you're 18 years old. You probably graduated high school six months ago. You've had no time to accumulate any real-world knowledge. You don't know anything about anything. Yet for some reason, you continue to spout off at the mouth. Eric is where he says he is, but don't take my word for it. Take it to SOCNET. Make no mistake, boy; they will crucify you. If you have any hope of being in the military or law enforcement, you'll quickly find out that anything you say on SOCNET will get around. Make yourself look like an ass, and people will remember you as such. So go ahead, be an ass.

Edited by Parabellum