Still no news?

4ceReconSniper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man calm down. Theyll tell you when your good and ready. Technically its been public holidays since Saturday, today (wednesday) would be their first day back at work.

And "after christmas" could mean March 13 2093. Thats "after christmas".

Get over it.

I specificlly almost layed a beat down to the guy behind the GameStop counter today at the mall. He said that the projected release date is in June. (EDIT: yes June, but no specific date, it just said June on the GameStop computer)

Yes, he did the whole type on the computer to double check release date thing. I always ask this guy for information about release dates, and he always comes through. I basicly stalked this guy when HL2 didn't come out September 2003!!! lol

EDIT: don't hold me for this statement, release dates are always changing at random moments for the craziest reasons. Maybe some guy from Germany is watching the game development of GR2 and stole the source files just like the whole HL2 incedent :wall:

Edited by Realchaos1

Yes, he did the whole type on the computer to double check release date thing. I always ask this guy for information about release dates, and he always comes through. I basicly stalked this guy when HL2 didn't come out September 2003!!! lol

err that statement makes no sense.

Considering PC Fan disappointment and concern with the console GR2 game design and what Ubi has said about the PC game; i.e. that it will be derivative of the console 'products'; add to that the unprecedented ill will Ubi has sewn in the last two years with Clancy Fans, and an unsurpassed business loss -- and one would think they might reevaluate how they relate to their customers about their forth-coming products.

Instead there is still what appears to be a very poorly thought out policy that virtually ignores and has little place for criticism and places game Fans in some sort of 'Us vs. Them' perspective that must be tolerated and occasionally placated -- rather then treated as what we are: 'Paying Customers'...

Customers of every stripe are the bread and butter of the Ubi bottom line and good PR is the butter knife... They aren't giving these games away folks and doing it for free, we pay a LOT for this entertainment, and they profit from it handsomely! It looks to me like Ubi is still trying to butter their bread with an axe...

More money will be spent on marketing, advertising and public relations then on actual game development... Are you impressed and satisfied where you Tom Clancy dollars are going in this regard?

<_<

Edited by Hoak

More money will be spent on marketing, advertising and public relations then on actual game development... Are you impressed and satisfied where you Tom Clancy dollars are going in this regard?

<_<

NO! :angry: If it's a great game I'll gladly pay the price but no amount of marketing hype could get me to spend $50 on a action arcade game with little replayability.

Then don't expect a prerelease demo. You're going to either have to buy the game or try to gleam from reviews and word of mouth whether the PC game is worth buying. I think the techtonic plates of gaming have shifted from tactical to action combat with upcoming releases. These new squad combat games won't be that tactical but will be more interesting than the straight linear arcade shooters.

The majority of gamers, as interpreted by developers, do not want a GR style game, do not want extensive pre planning, cumbersome (to them) squad control, myriad choices, ambiguous game direction (tell me what to do next), they do want immediate action, immersive atmosphere, loud combat, exciting scripted events.

GR 2 at best will hopefully be a hybrid of GR and the arcade action combat game, with at least more precise control of the AI squad but not direct control of each member, better AI, and other fixes of the existing game. That is the hope. Hopefully the news in January will be good.

In truth I have never seen any game that totally satisfies everyone in all aspects. There are always some improvements that could be made no matter how hard devs try.

That is the evolution process of all games, that said I would say patience is the key and hope that they get it as right as possible and make a good game better than GR but true to it's format. :thumbsup:

As far as game fans, devs and marketing go...just look at Valve and Vivendi, 3drealms and Take Two, etc,etc. As like their fan bases, it's nothing new and we can't do much about it. :(

And that is where the rubber meets the road in offing a credible SDK and Mod support -- something that has not been a part of anything Ubi or RSE have ever done and Fans may finally taste the bitter consequences of a capable but otherwise unengaging and un-modable game -- rather like what many felt about Raven Shield only in this case the worst case scenario looks to have a potential disappointment and frustration factor of (Raven Shield) x 10^23...

I'll be happy when the suspense is past and we know for a fact what the future of the "Clancy Franchise" (can you say McDonald's) will be... Sheesh, does buying food or products from a company or of a product line that advertises itself as a "Franchise" sound more appealing to you? Where did these guys go to school? What marketing genius! Only Ubi... Well sadly some are following suit, perhaps they think it 'sounds good'... :D

In any case even if Ubi snubs the serious Tactical Realism Fans, and continues to snub capable mod support; the Tactical Realism audience is prenty big and there's sure to be something better and brighter to fill the void.

<_<

Dan, I never said anybody "owes" anybody anything; you're the only one that used that word. In fact, and to the contrary I don't think Ubi owes me or any GR Fan a thing, and neither are we bound by any contract that says we own them anything.

I am simply expressing my disappointment and disdain for the company's chosen direction with it's products that are in fact presented as a "Franchise" and "Sequals" to the previous products by the same name, and it's my right to do for as long as I am allowed a venue.

Ubi is a company of enormous resources; in fact not only in quantity but quality -- some of, if not the best in the industry; to wit: RSE, the Clancy name, enormous income from Ghost Recon, and lots of talented, dedicated and enthusiastic Fans -- resources that Ubi is marginalizing and squandering.

But Ubi has lied, abused the trust and good will of it's fans on numerous occasions, and now the "Clancy Franchise" looks like it's going main stream and MOTR, and I don't like what that implies. In any other industry but software this kind of abuse inevitably ends in legal redress -- but Ubi has written their license carfully, and translated to English it says: "We promise nothing, can change our minds on anything, lie at our convenience, and reserve the right to make no apologies or reperations"...

It's my right to criticize what I don't like, it's Ubi's right to ignore me and Fans that share my sentiments -- at the peril of potential sales if trends are as they appear.

I am an optimist, otherwise I would not bother raising the issues I do here; if I thought there was no hope -- but where there is no check or balance, no interaction between manufacturer and customer, you'll get a McDonald's worm sandwich that cost 5¢ to make $5 to buy and will make you sick...

The time to discuss, criticize, complain and do so strongly is NOW, before the game design is set in stone... We are beset with suck-up and kiss-ass main stream Journalism that will not onlynot say the Emperor's New Clothes aren't there they're paid to do so; and there's nothing in it good consumerism.

We are very lucky to have sites like GRN which as far as I can see are the last resort of serious and concerned Game Fans, and I'm very grateful to those who's patience I may occasionally try and annoy.

:shifty:

Edited by Hoak

Hmm . . .

$60 Ghost Recon day it came out

$30 Desert Seige day it came out

$30 Island Thunder day it came out

$40 for new Ghost Recon disc (kids scratched first one)

$29 for another Ghost Recon disc (see above)

$40 for "Platinum Bundle" (all three) after lending out all discs

$40 My brother, on my recommendation, buying original GR

$40 My brother buying the Platinum pack

$40 My best friend, on my recommendation, buying the "best ever" game for his new comp, three years after it came out

TOTAL: $349

I don't know how you die hard fans only spent $50 on GR.

I think the amount invested directly or indirectly by me in UBI and RSE might make them want to listen to my feedback (if they ask, which they have) or to treat me like a valued customer, which I appear to be.

Edited by *CDN* 12Gauge

for gooooood sake, these guys are on holiday, spending some time with their wives/family to make up for all the hours they've probably been away from home at the office, or away do promos' etc making the damn X-box version.Give it a rest, i'm sure you'll hear something in the New Year sometime when they go back to work.

What Hoak said!!

I won't waste as much time on fanboy , apparently some of the people here want to work for UBI very bad when they grow old...

As for why posting complaint here instead of UBI forum... Hmmmm... well ask ruggbutt or Snipe21... ROFLMAO.

A thing that Dan seems to forget, and it is weird considering the time that he hang out here, GR.net is a place of free speech, UBI forum is not.

As for why do I want Info on the PC version so bad? Well i don't play 20 game at a time like several people do here, I'm not 13 anymore so games like GR takes time to learn and get some skills, so since GR1 is barely alive, I don't want to involve myself in another game because my time on gaming is too rare and precious to waste it on stupid or disapointing games. Theres several things, not having replay among others, that will make me NOT buyings GR2, and if I had informations now, then I will be able to wait for it, or move on on something else. If u can't understand that Dan, then I'm sory, whatever, as soon as u're old enough you can send resume at UBI, i'm sure it will work, u're on the right track :rofl: .

Cheers... :santa:

Edited by ManuNice

I think we deserve and want information on the game because we are going to spend our money on it. We earned the money and we want to make sure we are getting what we paid for. I don't want another RvS. I admit I've had fun playing RvS since it came out, but the bugs have just be annoying and pestering. I want to make sure GR2 isn't going to be like that.