Throat Mics

Gen.Montgomery

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

errrrr its not gunna be all that easy to do. As in you wont be able to pick up the bits and pieces from radioshack....

Can i ask why you want to make one?

= Parts are easily and already available. We have made

improvised versions, but not as well done like the real thing.

= We're making locally made low cost versions, but

has the same function and durability like the expensive

ones that are available online.

I know they are pretty easy to pick up, unless you want to make one obviously..  :shifty:

http://www.armyradio.com/arsc/customer/pro...1&cat=85&page=1

It'll cost less, if we make it from parts available.

But we just have to make sure we have the right

schematics and stuff.

:thumbsup:

dude i want one of those!!

"flea, keep eyes on!  zippo first!  red team on me!"

Hollywood has a very bad habit of uses the wrong weapons,gear,etc. when it comes to action movies. Take Black Hawk Down, in 1993 the US military's desert uniform was still the desert storm 6-color desert BDUs. The 3 color desert uniform didnt come into the spot light until the late 1990s

what? He isnt making charectors, He's making a working version for him and his mates. God knows what your on about.

:thumbsup: sir dan is right, im not making a character, if i was i would've posted this in the modding section. I only used those pics as a reference. we've made some throat mics, but with improvised materials.

:ph34r:

Edited by Gen.Montgomery

dude i want one of those!!

"flea, keep eyes on!  zippo first!  red team on me!"

Hollywood has a very bad habit of uses the wrong weapons,gear,etc. when it comes to action movies. Take Black Hawk Down, in 1993 the US military's desert uniform was still the desert storm 6-color desert BDUs. The 3 color desert uniform didnt come into the spot light until the late 1990s

Actually, the tri-color desert was first issued around 1991/92, and the Rangers had a large number of them, and Delta definitely had them. The 10th Mountain was the unit in the film most likely to still have large numbers of chocolate chip camo, and if you pay attention at the end of the movie during the rescue sequence you'll see a lot of the 10th troopers have 6-color uniforms. :thumbsup: Hollywood used to mess up a lot, but nowadays they tend to get things like gear and such pretty correct. BHD is actually the most accurate one I've seen.

dude i want one of those!!"flea, keep eyes on!  zippo first!  red team on me!"

Actually, the tri-color desert was first issued around 1991/92, and the Rangers had a large number of them, and Delta definitely had them. The 10th Mountain was the unit in the film most likely to still have large numbers of chocolate chip camo, and if you pay attention at the end of the movie during the rescue sequence you'll see a lot of the 10th troopers have 6-color uniforms. :thumbsup: Hollywood used to mess up a lot, but nowadays they tend to get things like gear and such pretty correct. BHD is actually the most accurate one I've seen.

BHD was not accurate... Go on militaryphotos.net and you will see that all the rangers had 6-color desert. :yes:The Link Edited by Foxtrot

what? He isnt making charectors, He's making a working version for him and his mates. God knows what your on about.

:thumbsup: sir dan is right, im not making a character, if i was i would've posted this in the modding section. I only used those pics as a reference. we've made some throat mics, but with improvised materials.

:ph34r:

My mistake

BHD was not accurate... Go on militaryphotos.net and you will see that all the rangers had 6-color desert. :yes:The Link

Umm...those are not Rangers, they're Marines and 10h Mountain troops. Only one of those pictures features members of TFR, and it's Delta operators posing with some 10th boys, and those D-Boys have 3-color. Even some of the soldiers from 10th mountain in a few of those pics are wearing the 3-color pattern with 6-color flak jackets and k-pot covers. :thumbsup:

BHD was not accurate... Go on militaryphotos.net and you will see that all the rangers had 6-color desert. :yes:The Link

Umm...those are not Rangers, they're Marines and 10h Mountain troops. Only one of those pictures features members of TFR, and it's Delta operators posing with some 10th boys, and those D-Boys have 3-color. Even some of the soldiers from 10th mountain in a few of those pics are wearing the 3-color pattern with 6-color flak jackets and k-pot covers. :thumbsup:

Yes the delta guys have em but those are not just marines those are rangers too.......