WWIIIFF PART2 RELOADED

mr.pibb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question ? mr.pibb  :unsure:  I already have WWIII with the music can I download the 2nd part and combine the two together ? Or do I need to download WWIII Gold to have it work correctly ?

You cant 'combine' the 2 because of about a million things that would have to be checked, there are same actors, vehicles, etc in both of those versions and may cause conflict, also you would have to have the campaign file edited. You CAN indeed have both versions and just run part2 seperately, just make sure the other version is inactive to avoid conflict.

WWIIIGold has everything in one campaign tho, so I dont know if you want to re-run the old missions before getting to the new ones. Part2 just has the three new ones.

Let me add that the scenario of the old versions and the new versions being active at the same time has not been tested, there may be no conflicts there, but I am being safe by saying to only allow one to be active, mostly because like I said there are tons of things in both versions that are the same and might conflict.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Glad to see people are indeed grabbing the mod, my bandwith on my site reflects that :o lol, this is partly why I am not going to yet get up a new topic that fully reveals the mod being done, cause my bandwith would prolly max out in 4 days.

Once Rocky gets the versions up here on GR.net, I will start a new topic then.

So to all ya that have been keeping up on this progress thread, you guys get it first :thumbsup:

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

:wall:  :wall: Just downloaded the patch and burned into 1 CD  :wall:  :wall:

Sorry bout that Giwex, its a point where the 'dummytarget' can possibly block the allies in a particular spot (because it has a small amount of collision). Hopefully this should be the last patch version, the problem is fixed and I am making the patches now, Ill post in prolly bout an hour or so from now when the new patches are up.

Try to be understanding, Montignac city was a HUGE project and I spent many many hours testing and still missed a few things.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

I am pretty sure you guys will see whats up with Montignac City mission(hoping to get some not too descriptive remarks regarding the missions at some point :whistle: )

There are ALOT of possible scenarios in that mission depending on what the player does, and realistically done in real time. From interacting with ally ai units to making assaults with them to screwing up in certain scenarios that causes later 'actions' to become doubly difficult. All of this and more wrapped up in a war torn city that has realistic enemy 'actions' and movement throughout the city. There is also a convoy attack integrated within the mission(its not the primary objectibe tho :shifty: )-thought Id put that up to allow some responses towards that particular scenario.

The script is MAZZIVE and there is no lag on my computer during the mission when my RAM is at acceptable levels, alot of time was spent assuring lag free gaming. The mission file size itself exceeds what Igor script editor can even normally handle, almost 2 MB's lol, and honestly I think my Igor program just flipped out or something because it opens and saves it :rofl: , which it never could do before with a mission file that big.

Anyhow, I think the replay value for Montignac mission alone is exceptionaly excellent.

And lastly, if you feel after playing any of the missions that there is something amazing or whatnot you experienced that is worth typing about, post it here please!! Just do it in a non-spoiling manner as best as possible please, but I really have been wanting to see some feedback, especially regarding Montignac city. Its kinda like me sending you all a present (present that took years to complete) and me waiting to see you guys open it and see the reactions(no, you cant return it :rofl: )

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Looks like over the next 2-3 days or so I am gonna put up the new versions with all the fixes (without a patch). So, if anyone wants they can download the mod now or wait till then.

I still havent found anymore issues as far as gameplay goes. There does seem to be issues with some replays during the missions that involve using the 'dummytarget', so in the final versions I am prolly gonna remove the replay option for those missions, unfortunately. Ive seen some wierd stuff on the replays that just isnt there during the game, and had replays crash too prolly from the 'dummytarget' being hidden and shown.

Anyhow, its up to you guys if you wanna wait for the final versions. The patch should be the final fix for the gameplay issues which is what will be fixed in the new versions, aside from the replay removal in the final version.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Its kinda funny, I get all sorts of support 'Glad to hear yer finishing it, etc', now, when I finally have finished the mod instead of getting feedback I get nothing but dead air. Fine. I ended up finishing this thing because some folks seemed as though they cared if it got done or not, personally I would have dropped it, so, if I didnt finish it for just me and no one is giving feedback who the heck did I just waste the last month of my time for??

I thought the missions in the last part were exceptional and exceeded the first's missions, but thats just me. Or was it the patch thing? I had spent prolly around 100 hours testing the new three missions here during creation, sorry that I missed a few things and had to put up a few patch versions before making a final version.

Dosent matter, I have the final versions all fixed and just need to put them up on my site and send them to Rocky, and I am done with this completely.

Man, I just really wish right now that people would not have acted like this mod meant anything, I feel let down big time.

Theres all sorts of other mods out there anyhow right?

//Edit: I have removed all the links here to my site for the versions, I am currently uploading the new versions on my site and they will be released once they are put up on Gr.net.

Edited by mr.pibb

Thanks Suicide Commando, but its simply the fact that the mod has now been out for a good few days and practically no responses, it really kills me. I worked wayyy to hard on those last three missions to get hardly any feedback.

I know a few of you guys like you are understanding to what modders that try to produce high end products go thro, but I think its not right when others come along and give ya all kinds of support to finish something just to leave ya hanging after tons of stressfull hours completing. I really didnt enjoy putting together any of the last three missions only because of severe complexity in many areas and working long hours to get it done, I did it cause it seemed alot of people were still interested and I didnt want to be the idiot that started a mod story and didnt finish it, but I was ready to drop it anyhow until people started showing interest in it being done.

Anyhow, I did remove all the links to my site as I am uploading the final verions on it and so when Rocky gets the final version up all can do as they please with it.

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb

Hey, you wanna hear something funny? I am a Roofer :D And before making the first part had almost no knowledge of computering aside from gaming, I couldnt even open a folder lol. Dont know why I wanted to put this down, I guess its cause the main reason I even delved into this whole thing was the thought that I might get hired as a mission designer or somethin. A roofer, (ya know, I climb up ladders and put shingles on roofes)<<I know I mispelled that LOL

And im a darn good roofer too btw, I make about 100 to 150 per day. :D

I guess reality smacks you in the face sometimes and says, hey! It aint gonna happen. But its ok, I actually enjoy my job as physically demanding as it is, its just the retirement plan sucks, at the age of 60 or so I should have no functional spine at all lol.

Have no idea where im going with this :rofl: , going to upload the new versions on my site now.

Edited by mr.pibb

this carpenter thanks you for taking the spare time you had and creating this wonderful mod. i spent most of monday playing it on my day off. montignac city mission is one of my most favorite missions ever, mate.

good luck with that back of yours. mine is shot from masonry work, so now i frame houses and build stuff with wood to ease up. :rolleyes:

cheers n beers!

Thanks Richmondskin, I think I just made a total idiot outta myself here. I guess the impatience just destroyed me after days of seeing almost no feedback.

I do hope lots of people get something out of the hard work I put in here. I asked Rocky to lock this topic so I can move on, I mean the thread is done anyhow with the mod now complete and I'll be sending Rocky the final versions soon.

Thanks all and sorry for my stupidity :(

Pibb

Edited by mr.pibb