VIP maps

jay316

I just tried the VIP mod that was mentioned on the news page, The three maps included in version 2 are awsome, look like they would be great multyplayer maps, one reminds me of the DF: BHD demo map, definately take a look.

note- you need a special program to unpackage the mod.

Got Stuffit downloaded but won't let me install.

Anyone willing to repack VIP Maps as a .zip or winrar for me and the rest who are unable to use Stuffit? I'd really like to check out these maps.

Tools

maybe you should try to download StuffIt again or maybe you downloaded the full version :huh:

There would ne no problem for me to repackage it into zip file but:

1) I have no space where to upload it

2) I'm not sure it's fair to do it

-> better to ask to the author :whistle:

Giwex

Just checked their site and they give no means to contact them.

If you have the email please post it here.

I've tried downloading the demo for stuffit three times with the same results. Keep getting an error message: "Connot load installer data file (setup.cbf)"

I'll keep trying though.

Managed to find Stuffit on an alternet site. DLed, and unpacked the mod.

Good maps. Really like the open desert maps. Could be somewhat flatter for tank battles. Haven't checked out the entire map though.

Thanks for the responces, everyone.

Merry Christmas :santa::santa:

yeah very nice maps. and some of the new weapons are awesome. i was hoping that the FBI MP5 would be badass, but just like every mp5 i have ever used in GR it's a lame duck unless you are at point blank range. from a medium distance it took an entire clip or more to kill a tango and up close it took about 2 or 3 shots. the crossbow is kool and the smoke grenades are kool. maybe i was doing something wrong, but when i went to use the smoke grenade it was like my guy just dropped it on the ground at his feet. i was hoping for 1 i could throw like a grenade.

Edited by XE_Joker

am I missing something or has everyone converted these for use on PCs?

The mod doesn't need to be converted. The problem is that it's only compressed in .sit format that is typical for MAC user. That's all.

Manage to unpack the file with StuffIt and you can enjoy it. :thumbsup:

yeah it's what i did. if you need a .zip version i could zip it and upload to my server and then give rocky the link to get the file to put on fileplanet unless you wanted to go to my site and signup to get it. signups are instant, no waiting for activation emails. either way. there really needs to be a zip version. cuz too many people are missing out cuz of the file format it is in now. the maps are kool and the weapons are awesome.