Iraqi Military Weapons

jmcdonald

Well, I'll leave it at this:

Where are you?

Where am I? Deployed to Iraq, 1st ID. So I'm not flaming, merely correcting erroneous data in which you think is true, but it's not.

And I suppose you have real world experience with the M16 family?

Edited by EricJ

Where are you?

Where am I?  Deployed to Iraq, 1st ID.  So I'm not flaming, merely correcting erroneous data in which you think is true, but it's not.

Yes I have had experiance with the M-16 and yes you are flaming me and no the data is very correct and where I am has nothing to do with this dispute and last but not least being deployed to iraq doesnt make you an expert ether. So please ether you say something that makes atleast sound like you half a brain or just shut the hell up. Edited by Foxtrot

His data is way off and I never threatened and no it does not since everyone that I talked to that was in the thick of the fighting said the M-16 and M-4 sucked and I have to agree with them since I have fired an M-16 on several occasions.

lmao several occasions? ericj probably has 100's of hours of range time let alone feld experience with the gun, using it a few times wouldnt give you a solid basis to judge a gun on.

Oh and its takes more than 3 rounds to drop a bad guy with 5.56mm

In GR maybe? i bet if i shot you at 50m with a 5.56 weapon ud be on the floor on the way to meet your maker...

Also Jamaica and some other carribean countries definately used the SA80 and some may still use it, thats a fact it was all over the news a year or so ago because of a messed up defence contract that we (UK) had with them.

Edited by babydave

Where are you?

Where am I?  Deployed to Iraq, 1st ID.  So I'm not flaming, merely correcting erroneous data in which you think is true, but it's not.

Yes I have had experiance with the M-16 and yes you are flaming me and no the data is very correct and where I am has nothing to do with this dispute and last but not least being deployed to iraq doesnt make you an expert ether. So please ether you say something that makes atleast sound like you half a brain or just shut the hell up.

First off, you're the only one that's flaming, Eric was just correcting your misinformation.

Second, you've fired an m16 several times. Although that's great and all, it doesn't really say: "I'm an expert." I'm just gonna make an assumption, that the rifle was probably in a controlled environment, not a combat zone, and that you're not a serving member of the US military. These assumptions are based on your user profile which lists your location as: My house, and your age as about: 18. Eric's been in the sandbox for quite a while, and he reports that his personal weapon hasn't had problems, so this is definetely a more credible report then yours. So:

Just read, rather than type, because really, you don't know what you're talking about.

edit - read this and think about it for a minute: M16\M4 information

M4\M16 information 2

Edited by snared_gambit

If the gun jams more times than you can count then it sucks. I'm not an expert nor have I claimed to be. I'm not flaming I'm only correcting his misinformation. I'm not one to question ones service to ones country but If he was in Iraq you'd think he'd be more concerned about staying alive rather than flaming people. Also how do you know I'm not a serving member of the US military or any other military? Also anyone can claim to be in the "sandbox".Lastly if his weapon hasnt had any problems hes ether lying or hasnt used it at all.

Edited by Foxtrot

the ar15 family (m16, m4, etc) had a lot of probs when they first came into service due to lack of propper cleaning kits, troops not propperly taught how to clean them and also a couple of design flaws. they were engineered out after too long and the ar15 family are now some of the finest weapons in the world. also it's been in service for nearly 40 years were it a POS it wouldn't have been.

and EJ is in "the sandbox" this has been confirmed by forum staff members also if you want more opinions on the m16/m4 ask my clan mate Soup who is currently on deployment in Afganistan or Hatchetforce: a 5th SFG operator or one of the many other forum members who are current/ex forces

the ar15 family (m16, m14, etc) had a lot of probs when they first came into service due to lack of propper cleaning kits, troops not propperly taught how to clean them and also a couple of design flaws. they were engineered out after too long and the ar15 family are now some of the finest weapons in the world. also it's been in service for nearly 40 years were it a POS it wouldn't have been

I Think where the confusion in this thread is you (ericj) are going on data from the M-16A4 My data is from the M-16A2 which is being phased out of service and being replaced with the M-16A4 and soon the XM-8

the ar15 family (m16, m14, etc) had a lot of probs when they first came into service due to lack of propper cleaning kits, troops not propperly taught how to clean them and also a couple of design flaws. they were engineered out after too long and the ar15 family are now some of the finest weapons in the world. also it's been in service for nearly 40 years were it a POS it wouldn't have been.

and EJ is in "the sandbox" this has been confirmed by forum staff members also if you want more opinions on the m16/m4 ask my clan mate Soup who is currently on deployment in Afganistan or Hatchetforce: a 5th SFG operator or one of the many other forum members who are current/ex forces

I could careless where he is its not the point but still stay safe.......