Should moving vehicls be used in GR2

Cobblers

IMO I don't think they should be included, in a mod yes, but I don't like the idea of people being able to use moving vehicles in GR2. Neither do I like the idea of air strikes, this would ruin the game, maybe not so much in Single player, but more in perticular with Multiplayer.

What'severyone else's views on this then? Come on let's here it!

Edited by Cobblers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If vehicles were added for driving, it would be pretty fun to do donuts and drive bys, or go offroading and accidently run over the a bunch of sneaky snipers,do a quick recon patrol in a jeep or dune duggy, or place a claymore (or mine-i hope) in the road and blow up the opposing teams convoy.

Only thing i worry about is lag, vehicles were online playable.

just a thought or two

:o=:ph34r::blink:

Special forces need to arrive UNDETECTED to a target how stealthy do yuo imagine a HUMVEE is not to talk about the thing that it needs a path between the trees.

So a definatly NO vehicles in GR2 just as insertion like in Island Thunder.

If you want vehicle FUN try [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising]

as much as i'd love to be able to fireup the hokum and wreak some havoc with it rather than just blowing it up, i think that would HUGELY change the concept of gr. maybe even diminish it.

HOWEVER, i think it would be nice to be able to interact with the vehicle -- for example a fixed gun mounted on a truck/jeep should remain useable if its not naded. you should be able to hide inside downed choppers, etc. some creativity will be needed for sure.

Edited by the.ronin

for example a fixed gun mounted on a truck/jeep should remain useable if its not naded. you should be able to hide inside downed choppers, etc. some creativity will be needed for sure.

Absolutely m8, great idea. Would add a different dimension to the game for sure. I'd certainly like for more interacion with a lot of things in GR2, like if there's a door let me go into the room etc...

I think that moving vehicles should be used to some extent in GR2.

for example a fixed gun mounted on a truck/jeep should remain useable if its not naded. you should be able to hide inside downed choppers, etc. some creativity will be needed for sure.
excellent idea.

As i recall, during the gulf war spec ops units did have those dune buggies and or atv's. It would be fun to drive a Hummer and run over a few tangos. :ph34r:

No driving vehicles or flying planes for me. That's another sim.

I can see them flying to the next map already. haha

I don't like sitting in the Black Hawk, not be able to reload, and you can jump off the helo meters from the ground, and not break a leg !

If we all could enter and drive them who will be on the ground then ? And if you got the helo first maybe your teammate is angry and shoots you out the sky. Or does everyone has it's own helo ?

Please don't do this to GR. (I mean RSE, not the modders. They can do it, if they like.)

The missions for the Ghosts take place before that: recon.

I would like better/more actor-animations, and maybe more different types of soldiers, like spotters. Maybe more commands to give to the AI.

But who knows what we get ? or what not...

Just an opinion. (I always say that to be sure not get any negative feedback, hehe)

A mission to call in a airstrike in SP would fun.

Being able to actually force a vehicle to stop and then take over the weapons, eg the machinegun on the tanks, would also be fun.

Hiding in vehicles like the burnt out truck on the Railway map.

I wouldnt really want vehicles in Ghost Recon, I was just saying it would be pretty interesting is they did include them.

I know it would pretty much kill the whole strategey part of the game. (especialy when a rambo would go all over the map firing the mounted gun,or your a sniper and your whole team is dead and the opposing team member each have a tank of helicopter )

Like I said before, it was just a thought.

:o=:ph34r::blink:

Not drivable vehicles, but something like...

You control the .50 mounted on a Humvee, then you get to a certain point, you're "ejected" from the vehicle and onto the ground to begin the mission. Things like that.

Great idea ronin.

I don't want airstrikes either, or at least limited to 1 or 2 missions if they did include it. What I do want is a HUGGGGGEEEEE operation flashpoint type map. Imagine having to find your enemy on 100 square miles of terrain! The games could last for weeks! Is there a dribbling like a baby smilie?

If you were to have an airstrike, it should only be against a particular target, like a bridge.

Maybe to reduce lag they could make a movie after you ''paint'' it with the lazer of the target blowing up, and then after it blows up you have to get back to extraction point within a certain amount of time.

What I do want is a HUGGGGGEEEEE operation flashpoint type map. Imagine having to find your enemy on 100 square miles of terrain!

The biggest Ghost Recon map is wilderness and the biggest GR map all together is Cuban Missile Crisis (map made by a modder) I think.

That map takes quit a bit of memory so I dont know if they would make one that big, it would be cool if they did.

Imagine how much fun it would be if you were a sniper! :lol: but then upon thinking that I remember the fog of war. <_<

If the game will be anything like gr1 then I doubt you'll be able to get in a humvee and just drive around gunning everything - i'd imagine you'd get blasted pretty much like you do in gr (tangos with rocket launchers - eek!!!).

I like the idea of the airstrike (which could be disabled for MP). Perhaps a mission where you have to creep in somewhere and laser designate a target without alerting the guards.

The trouble with moving vehicles is that the maps would have to be a lot bigger to make them effective. You can't really drive around a small map. On a large map it'd be fun to have a mission where you had to recon in a humvee and then have bad guys chasing you outta there in jeeps.

Cuban Missile Crisis

I think you mean Carribean. It's a very large map (maybe largest). I like it.

Not very popular though because of it's size it's RAM-hungry.

I like vehicles. BF1942 spoiled me with that.

GR2 shouldnt have tanks or anything too over powering tho. Jeeps, personel carriersand anti personel vehicles with a .50 cal mounter gun or grenade launcher with a limited amount of ammo that can get eliminated with a 2 rockets or 7 oicw nades.

This would make the players balance out the class of soldier instead of having a full game of oicw sensors or oicw.

Maybe add a few classes like, a possible medic with limited healing abilities and supplies. a Radio man who can call in artilleryairstrike shelling only. a motorized unit personel that can only use or fix the the moving vehicles within a half the damge bar twice, not continuously.

I believe these features could only add to the realism of war time strategies. Gives more of a unit feel instead of the run -n- gun that happens.

Also brings a depth of units and classes that may have a better suited style for more different types of player..possibly appealing to a larger audience and larger community.

GR2 (if ever made) needs to fix their server application MOST OF ALL. add linux support. better stability. maybe add a start time of 10 secs after the map load to give the 56k the ability to load but if they exceed that load time, they spawn when ever, but others who have loaded already start playing. This allows for consistant loads and not that load lag when the 56k isnt connecting well then you see "56KerLaggedTheLoad exited" on map loads.

They need to fix the hit detection a bit more. Why must the grenades and support crash a server if it is dedicated? is that fair to the players? granted this will increase the amount of packets needed to maintain a fluid game, but if they first fix their server application, watch the amount of dedicated servers that get hosted. Look at Mohaa/BF1942/CS and other games that have a stable dedicated host. Yes they may eat up bandwitdh a bit more than the GR server app...but id deal with a little more (since i am on broadband) bandwidth consumption, than have to worry about 35 players on a map putting the no explosives kit restriction on. By doing that, it takes away from an asset of the game and the overall fun of the game. As the lead admin of 2 dedicated servers, i want nothing more than to let the players loose and blow each other up while having fun. That way i know they have fun. But i have to worry about server stability instead, due to the hit detection.

You think i have a few issues im concerned with? <_<

My vote for moving vehicles would be nay. GR is supposed to be small ops-1 to 6 soldiers. That means getting in, completing your task and getting out with minimal detection. I didn't care for the tank babysitting missions--totally got away from way other missions were set up. I would like to see them dump the at4, add timed charges or radio det charges that would take care of enemy armor should the need arise. Insertions by boat, helo or parachute are best, in my opinion. Vehicle use or using weapons on them are more suited for large scale warfare games not small ops. There is a reason for the name "Ghosts".

I would say no on driving vehicles in Ghost it’s fun yeah but Ghost is stealth warfare drop us off and we’ll do the rest.

If you want to drive or fly no one has done it better then B1942 I think we have the best of both worlds right now.

Battlefield 1942 for the shoot em up and drive/fly anything you want all out war!

And

Ghost Recon for the slow and low stealth warfare.